DT Star Lotulelei to Bills!

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Necessary position to address, but uninspired choice to address it with. Can't be surprised, but his play last season didn't indicate a guy worth signing for 5 years, more like 2 with a team option for a third.

Just because it's a 5 year deal doesn't mean the deal won't essentially be structured as you describe. Lets wait for the details. Star alone will not make the D great but he is a piece of the puzzle that will help. 

Edited by Juice_32

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

I have mixed feelings of this pick.

On one hand he fills a big need and probably will be a good run plugger.

On the other hand he doesn't get many tackles or sacks and he hasn't graded out well with PFF.   Not to say that they are the be all and end all but it is a data point.

I have heard arguments that he has played well despite his lack of stats but I can't lie, I'm a little concerned.   

But I do trust the process.  I do trust their familiarity with him and if they are good with him than so will I.

Here's to hoping that he ends up being a good run stuffer for us.   Hopefully he doesn't break the bank either.

He fills a need for sure.  I find it interesting how many coaches/GM's go after players from their former teams.  On one hand you can say well they know them better than other players which is true but in a perfect world you would select the best players from the 31 other teams not favor players from a particular team because you know them.

11 minutes ago, ******* said:

I always cringe when big money is given to the interior defensive line 

The league is changing, QBs get the ball out too quick, the focus is moving more towards guys who can get immediate pressure up the middle.  I'm not sure Star is really that type of player, but DTs aren't just a fill in position anymore.

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

The guy eats space and takes up blockers.  The people saying no on here want the DTs that get 10 sacks.  He's not flashy but he gets the job done and frees up the dlineman around them.  First part of a new DLine. I like it

Yep, he'll make the LBs look really good.    To the casual fan, his 1-2 tackles a game will look small, but this is huge positive from a scheme standpoint, IMO...

• Like (+1) 1

Remember a while back when the Bills' front office would literally do nothing but sleep through free agency and the draft?

Obviously the proof will be in the pudding (though we got some decent playoff pudding in year 1), but at least this is an organization we can feel good about TRYING to get better.

6 minutes ago, BeefCurtns said:

Gotta say that the present Bills management is impressing the shite out of me. Can you guys remember a more exciting off-season?

I cannot!!   If we sign Bradford and draft Rosen or Mayfield I will personally find the peter pan guy and buy him a plate of Duff's wings and a beer. Or he may prefer some hummus and chardonnay but whatever his poison I'm buyin...

Edited by smuvtalker
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4