Sammy Watwins to KC on a 3 Year Deal

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

That’s a lot of mouths to feed. 

Im annoyed becuz I’m still wondering what the guy could look like as the focal point for a top qb. Maybe it’s best we never find out. Haha. 

it would probably take a year or two to really know as the new qb develops.  the timing was just off in regards to a new sammy contract and getting an effective qb.

3 minutes ago, Magox said:

Yet more validation that Beane ended up making the right decision.  All of LAST year I was making the argument that Sammy was going to be looking for $16m+ a year and that his lack of production along with injury concerns didn't warrant that.

Beane was able to get a 2nd round pick and Gaines who most likely was a one year rental but a rental that played a significant role in helping the Bills make the playoffs for a player going into a contract year.  Now there is a chance that we may also net a 3rd rounder because of the possible departure of Gaines.  

Just imagine how much Sammy would have received if he had lived up to his potential last year.  Rather than paying purely on talent with lack luster production relative to his commensurate value of his contract.  The Bills got a 2nd and possibly a 3rd and a one year rental of a player that helped the Bills break the playoff drought.

The Rams got fleeced.

The forward thinking that this organization has been missing for as long as I can remember. Hopefully Beane drafts the right QB, I'd like to see him stay here long term.

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

KC paid a lot but this is an outstanding move for both Sammy and The Chiefs org.  Machines might be the best deep ball passer in the NFL and Sammy can run those fly routes.  IMO I see big things for him this year

If Sammy ever becomes a true “generational talent” he does it this season, or he never will.

I'd lean toward the never will part.

When is the last time it took a " generational" talent at WR take 5 years to fully show it?

39 catches for 593 yards on an offense that was top 10 in the NFL last year?

30 million guarenteed?

Edited by Bag of Milk

7 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Has Mahomes thrown a deep ball?

+1.

TBD has already cemented Mahomes as elite, i guess...

I don't really understand this move for Sammy.  I expected him to go to a situation with an established QB for once, and build up his value for a monster next contract.  Mahomes is a complete unknown.  He could be EJ Manuel for all anybody knows.

6 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Trading Watkins looks brilliant now. Even if they wanted him at that price (which is doubtful) there's no way the Bills would have outbid that contract, and he'd be on his way out of town, and we'd have one less 2nd rd pick. 

A lot of the Sammy defenders are eating a lot of crow right about now.  All year they whined about the trade and many of us told them that Sammy was going to be looking for this type of money and that there was no way in hell that the Bills could justify paying someone like Sammy that sort of money.

Now look at what we get, we save ourselves from losing a player without getting much in return.  We ended up with a 2nd round pick, a possible 3rd round compensatory draft choice and a one year rental on a player that played a significant role on helping this team finally break the playoff drought.

Beane looking better by the day.

• Like (+1) 3

52 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

That might actually be a great spot for him. Lots of quick hitters in the WCO will get him the ball fast 

I like it. Andy Reid doubling down on the big playmaker-based offense. When the offense fizzled in the 2nd half last year the conventional wisdom is they needed the ability to grind out long drives, run up the middle, etc. Who needs that middle anyway?

17 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

KC paid a lot but this is an outstanding move for both Sammy and The Chiefs org.  Machines might be the best deep ball passer in the NFL and Sammy can run those fly routes.  IMO I see big things for him this year

If Sammy ever becomes a true “generational talent” he does it this season, or he never will.

Based on what? Better than Rodgers, Brady, Wilson...

Just pointing out that this event is proof that most Bills fans or folks here are as ignorant in football intelligence as any other base.

Sure I never imagined $16mm. I was thinking more $14mm for 3yr or $16mm for 2 at best but this is still way more than most imagined.  And crow needs to be served. 

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Gruden? That you? Shouldn't you be trying to find some oline help for Carr?

Edited by No Place To Hyde