Sammy Watwins to KC on a 3 Year Deal

Like the fit, hate the price.  Has there ever been a player that's rode out the hype like Sammy?

Hats off to his agent.  That's a helluva price.  Let's hope Jordan Matthews can find some crazy FA $$$ to help out with our comp. Pick formula.  Maybe he can fetch $7-$8M per, himself.

The myth of Sammy Watkins bent the Chiefs over a barrel.

Watkins is the hot looking girl you see leave the bar with a different guy every weekend at closing time.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

18 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

Mahomes can certainly throw a deep ball

I thought the Chiefs were in cap hell, and thats why they were releasing a bunch of players....and now can throw 16 mill a year at Sammy? Just more fodder for my cannon when people cry about being "close to the cap" or "not having any money to sign FAs" (well, that wont be an issue anyway for the bills for many, many years now)

They basically paid Sammy what they were paying Alex Smith last year. The benefit of having your starting QB on his rookie contract.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jmc12290 said:

Yikes dude, it was a joke.

Shocked he got that much money though.

You thought the Goodwin contract set the market for Sammy. You “promised” he wouldn’t get $14M AAV unless it was a 1 year deal. You “guaranteed” he wouldn’t get between $13M (Alshon) & $16M (Hopkins) AAV. You said that teams view Alshon as 1000x better. 

We all have opinions but they must be owned when you are WAY wrong. You aren’t alone. It just happened to be in that one thread and that’s why I linked it. If you were to go to the other Watkins threads you will see a ton of predictions that are way off.

22 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

That might actually be a great spot for him. Lots of quick hitters in the WCO will get him the ball fast 

I think the offense changes - the WCO was an Alex Smith thing.  I think you are going to see Andy return to his original roots - thinking more like GB with Farve as a guide.  Lots of deep passing and throwing it up for grabs.  I think that fits more Mahomes style also and now you have a WR that can fit that - their version of Sterling Sharpe on the outside.