Sammy Watwins to KC on a 3 Year Deal

9 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

The myth of Sammy Watkins bent the Chiefs over a barrel.

Watkins is the hot looking girl you see leave the bar with a different guy every weekend at closing time.

why would a hot looking girl need to wait until closing time?

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, teef said:

wow.  well...good for sammy!  i appreciate it any time a guy gets paid.  i can't tell if kc is going to be a perfect fit, or a potential nightmare for sammy.

That really depends on whether Mahomes is a success or a bust imo. 

Just now, nucci said:

why would a hot looking girl need to wait until closing time?

Why would a hot girl go to KC? ? 

15 minutes ago, teef said:

wow.  well...good for sammy!  i appreciate it any time a guy gets paid.  i can't tell if kc is going to be a perfect fit, or a potential nightmare for sammy.

That’s a lot of mouths to feed. 

Im annoyed becuz I’m still wondering what the guy could look like as the focal point for a top qb. Maybe it’s best we never find out. Haha. 

KC paid a lot but this is an outstanding move for both Sammy and The Chiefs org.  Machines might be the best deep ball passer in the NFL and Sammy can run those fly routes.  IMO I see big things for him this year

If Sammy ever becomes a true “generational talent” he does it this season, or he never will.

Yet more validation that Beane ended up making the right decision.  All of LAST year I was making the argument that Sammy was going to be looking for $16m+ a year and that his lack of production along with injury concerns didn't warrant that.

Beane was able to get a 2nd round pick and Gaines who most likely was a one year rental but a rental that played a significant role in helping the Bills make the playoffs for a player going into a contract year.  Now there is a chance that we may also net a 3rd rounder because of the possible departure of Gaines.  

Just imagine how much Sammy would have received if he had lived up to his potential last year.  Rather than paying purely on talent with lack luster production relative to his commensurate value of his contract.  The Bills got a 2nd and possibly a 3rd and a one year rental of a player that helped the Bills break the playoff drought.

The Rams got fleeced.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, BuffaloRush said:

KC paid a lot but this is an outstanding move for both Sammy and The Chiefs org.  Machines might be the best deep ball passer in the NFL and Sammy can run those fly routes.  IMO I see big things for him this year

If Sammy ever becomes a true “generational talent” he does it this season, or he never will.

Has Mahomes thrown a deep ball?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

Yet more validation that Beane ended up making the right decision.  All of LAST year I was making the argument that Sammy was going to be looking for $16m+ a year and that his lack of production along with injury concerns didn't warrant that.

Beane was able to get a 2nd round pick and Gaines who most likely was a one year rental but a rental that played a significant role in helping the Bills make the playoffs for a player going into a contract year.  Now there is a chance that we may also net a 3rd rounder because of the possible departure of Gaines.  

Just imagine how much Sammy would have received if he had lived up to his potential last year.  Rather than paying purely on talent with lack luster production relative to his commensurate value of his contract.  The Bills got a 2nd and possibly a 3rd and a one year rental of a player that helped the Bills break the playoff drought.

The Rams got fleeced.

absolutely.  there was no way the bills were going to pay sammy that kind of money, so at least they got a great pick in return.  

• Like (+1) 1