Worst local media commentator on the Bills?

I only tune in when something major happens just to hear people chat about the Bills/Sabres. 

I have nothing but pity for you if you're actually spending serious hours listening to these guys.  If you listen on your commute maybe learn how to stream a podcast or something?

16 hours ago, Green Lightning said:

Schopp, I can live with everybody else.

He's actually one of the highest paid broadcasters in the WNY market.  He has a nice $400,000 house at 3621 W. River Rd. in Grand Island with a pool and 4 bedrooms - - pretty nice for Grand Island!  I don't know his appeal - - unless - - the Buffalo area sports fans are just so used to losing and being beaten down that they enjoy and expect his behavior!!??   Who else do we have?  Murphy is a slug with nothing to say!  Joe B is weak and silly! 

I really don't care for Schopp and the Bulldog, the only position in football they ever talk about is QB. I cant see the whole field during a game, I don't need endless recaps of what I saw on TV. I want to know if receivers are open that I don't see and what linemen are blowing assignments etc.

They were also the pied pipers and lead cheerleaders of the great tank in hockey. I don't think it takes 5 yrs of unwatchable hockey to finish in last place again, so ya I thought all that tank crap was stupid.

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, zonabb said:

Sal C. Total fan boy. Interjects himself, explicitly, and implicitly, in most of his conversations. Often he frames his conversations in a way that tries to give him credibility or "experience drops." Last time I heard him and couldn't change the channel, I think on a gamer day, he said "I walked out the tunnel this morning and it was a beautiful day for football." Not simply "Hey, it's a great day for football" but interjecting himself into it. All the time. Don't care about his kid. And every time he's on with other WGR people, he cuts them off. Annoying as hell. Knowledgeable, but in a horrible package.

After that it's Jeremy White, who takes all his cues and knowledge from pop cultural and social media, has no original thoughts of his own, just a regurgitator of collective approved ideas. 

Agree completely.

Sal is a grade a douche bag. Whenever he starts talking about what he used to do in HS, or coaching HS and how he coached his players all I can think is "will this never was shut the !@#$ up". I respect people's opinions for the most part, but when you start using your High School experience as a basis for what you're saying or use it to show you're more credible in what you're talking about, you lose me. High School sports suck, especially in WNY.

5 minutes ago, steven50 said:

I really don't care for Schopp and the Bulldog, the only position in football they ever talk about is QB. I cant see the whole field during a game, I don't need endless recaps of what I saw on TV. I want to know if receivers are open that I don't see and what linemen are blowing assignments etc.

They were also the pied pipers and lead cheerleaders of the great tank in hockey. I don't think it takes 5 yrs of unwatchable hockey to finish in last place again, so ya I thought all that tank crap was stupid.

Bulldog hated the tank, and was trying to shoot down talking about it like 2 weeks ago or so. I'm not his biggest fan, I think he's a stammering moron, but do you even listen?

Schopp. Jeremy White is really bad too. 

3 hours ago, Punt75 said:

He's actually one of the highest paid broadcasters in the WNY market.  He has a nice $400,000 house at 3621 W. River Rd. in Grand Island with a pool and 4 bedrooms - - pretty nice for Grand Island!  I don't know his appeal - - unless - - the Buffalo area sports fans are just so used to losing and being beaten down that they enjoy and expect his behavior!!??   Who else do we have?  Murphy is a slug with nothing to say!  Joe B is weak and silly! 

How do you know where he lives? Are you friends with him or something?

23 hours ago, VeryWeakPassword said:

Schopp? Jeremy White?

White is so snarky with every comment.  He comes across as a true @ss.

Schopp is just rude with fans.  Either believe what he thinks or he hangs up on you. 

Both a truly weak. 

5 hours ago, Punt75 said:

was this creepy post necessary?

22 hours ago, SmokinES3 said:

Jeremy White by far. His political BS on twitter around election time did it for me. 

Classic.  He's the worst Bills commentator because you don't agree with him politically.  Jeremy's not bad at all, and you can tell he's also a fan without being a blatant homer.

I don't even listen to this Schopp/Schoop guy but John Murphy is PAINFUL to listen to.  Just terrible.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m out of town so I can’t  really opine about anything other than WGR since I have the app to listen to it.

Schopp isn’t that bad. He can be snarky and his defense of Tyrod was way too over the top but he’s tolerable.

Jeremy White, imo, doesn’t know enough about football to be taken seriously. He’s a hockey guy and he should stick to that. Some of his opinions and comments about the Bills sound like some of the National guys who follow the team once in a while, very uninformed.

Edited by flomoe

40 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

I'm in ROC as well and can second this.

He runs his words together.

"ehhhhaaaahhhhhooooooono"  translate to "eh, I don't know".

And to listen to them both drone on endlessly about the loss of the crappy minor league soccer team was horrible.  They kept saying that soccer is the most popular youth sport in Roc....while totally ignoring that no one in Roc wants to pay to watch pro soccer.

Their takes are predictable  dead horses.

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Bulldog hated the tank, and was trying to shoot down talking about it like 2 weeks ago or so. I'm not his biggest fan, I think he's a stammering moron, but do you even listen?

I really don't care what he was saying two weeks ago. I listened when the great tank was going on and he was going right along with schoop. I also remember one episode when he was talking about how he was explaining it to his kid, How losing on purpose is a good thing. I am a LL coach and I am sorry but that is not the lesson I want kids to learn. Sports should be about being competitive not about rolling over. Your view may be different and your welcome to it.

In hindsight they all say sing a different tune then they did in 2013 and 2014.

From my ears way out west here, it’s Donald Jones.

You guys don’t like Schopp and Bulldogg but I don’t mind either.

On second thought, I’ve heard Craig Rivet attempt to talk football so I’m going with him.

~ Pac-12 Guru

Edited by Jay_Fixit

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

The worst thing imo about the main WGR hosts, is it doesn't seem like any of them ever played organized sports or were ever in a locker room.  They talk down to people who have been there and act like they know more about the game from reading then people who played it their whole lives at high levels.  Nothing substitutes for experience.  They think they know but they don't.  Things like culture and momentum do exist.  So does being in the zone which can be scientifically proven.  The thing about being in the zone you could never know what that is from reading.  You would have to be in it to understand and you can't get in the zone unless you are actually good.  The arrogance from guys like Schopp and White when it comes to these issues is off putting.

Edited by K-GunJimKelly12

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He runs his words together.

"ehhhhaaaahhhhhooooooono"  translate to "eh, I don't know".

And to listen to them both drone on endlessly about the loss of the crappy minor league soccer team was horrible.  They kept saying that soccer is the most popular youth sport in Roc....while totally ignoring that no one in Roc wants to pay to watch pro soccer.

Their takes are predictable  dead horses.

Hate to say it but they're minor league talents. I try to tell myself it's better than nothing, but sometimes it's not!

• Like (+1) 1