Keenum to sign with Denver

4 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

I like this as well. Great leader and basically a coach now, per Jets reporters.

If you threw Josh McCown's name into the google machine, check out where it says he coached last year:

Current team: New York Jets (#15 / Quarterback)
Team coachedNew York Jets (Player-coach, 2017–2017)

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
1 hour ago, BeefCurtns said:

Two words: Dashawn Kizer

Cleveland threw him to the wolves last year and we saw what happened. Not sure if the kid will ever recover. I doubt McD wants to start the rookie no matter who it is until he's good and ready. It's Rare for a rookie to flourish immediately. That being said if there is no bridge signed than they REALLY believe in one of the Rookies.

First off, Kizer isn't that good, I am a huge Notre Dame fan and saw every game he played in college.  He has a cannon arm but isn't that accurate and not great decision maker.  Compound that with one of the absolute worst rosters in NFL history.  By no means are the recent Browns teams any sort of a model for how to go about playing a rookie QB.  Dak Prescott went 12-4 a year prior as a rookie and almost went to the Super Bowl.  We may not be where the Cowboys were in talent two seasons ago, but we are far and away more talented than the current Browns roster.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Please no. 

I would have thought that Elway would have learned his lesson from Brock Osweiler and Paxton Lynch, but apparently not.

He is an ego maniac. I think he will continue to draft this type until he hits on one. He only has a job because he was a great player and Peyton Manning fell into his lap. 

Denver has always wanted to sign their QB of the future this year rather than draft him. Cousins to the Jests might help us, too, but I don't really want them to get a QB of that caliber. We are positioned well to react appropriately and draft the guy we want for the future and sign who we want for now.

9 hours ago, Zerovotlz said:

This takes the Broncos out of this QB market.  Here is why.  Keenum is being brought in to keep the window they think they have open. (I'm not sure they really have any open window left, but whatever)  Keenum is going to cost WAY TOO MUCH to be a bridge...this is to be the starter for the next 2-3 years while they still have a good WR pairing, still have Von Miller, still have Harris...they aren't completely bereft of talent.  Paxton Lynch is now officially a bust, but he's still on his rookie deal, still a guy they drafted in round 1 and paid dearly for to move up...and Trevor Simien....Simien isn't very good, but he's experienced and also cheap.  They aren't going QB this year....they will stay put at 5 and get one of the top 3 Non QB players in this draft....again in line with trying to win while the window is open.  AND....the coaching staff are all basically working THIS SEASON to prove themselves....this is not a situation where they have a staff in place, ready to start the franchise rebuild with a new QB....this staff won't be coaching any QB they take in the draft now...they are all in with Keenum and winning to save their jobs.  Elway isn't going to ask for their input on wich QB fits their system etc.  

I agree. They have a weak offensive line and defense is getting older. They may even trade down a few slots to grab that killer guard. They need youth. Keenum is not flashy but can take you to the playoffs with a running game. Guessing 22 million?

I figure I would give the board the fan's perspective from "Donkeyland".

Before the Keenum signing it was a lot similar to the Bill's fan's thoughts.

Most people happy Bronco's didn't sign Cousins.

At first mixed feelings about Keenum until they seen what Bradford signed for.

More fan's thinking Elway goes for a non-QB at #5 than a QB.

They mostly say roll with Keenum, Lynch and Kelly.

Most fan's wanted Rosen/Mayfield if they draft a QB.

FWIW

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

2 year, 36 mil.  I personally thought he'd get more.

Just low enough where I think Denver could still take a QB, but wouldn't be shocked if they didn't.

Agree, I will add that it would seem strange if Elway moves up after today.

That was the biggest question mark concerning Denver and a QB pick.