Keenum to sign with Denver

4 minutes ago, switz1610 said:

At this point I like Josh McCown and a rookie. 

Serviceable QB, actually into the idea of grooming a rookie. 

Would love for that to happen.  May take a little more money than the Jets payed him last year.  One year for 7 million or so would be fine with me.

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lets hope this keeps them from drafting a QB, as Elway  trades picks to get as  many weapons as possible.

I think signing Keenum puts Denver in the mix to move down for the right deal. 

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Schefter said the Broncos signed Keenum to be their QB of the present and future. I don't trust anyone at this point though. Broncos could try and bluff. 

Gotta see the contract before i take QB off table at 5 for them

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

Lets hope this keeps them from drafting a QB, as Elway  trades picks to get as  many weapons as possible.

....and when they dump Siemian and Lynch, we'll see the "bring 'em in " threads shortly............

The Cordy deal removed Denver from being a concern for the Bills in the QB market.  If Buffalo is really targeting one of the top guys they were going to get ahead of Denver anyway.

For that reason, it's possible the Bills actually helped push Denver to sign Keenum.

I'm very happy Buffalo (apparently) didn't pursue Keenum...I think last year was an anomaly and he will prove to be mediocre at best.

The question is does the signing of Keenum signal that Denver is more comfortable throwing their weight behind him than any rookie in this class? We won't know until we see the guaranteed money. More guarantees = more of a commitment. If it's more than a year's salary then they are out of the sweepstakes at the top of the draft imo.  They may still grab a guy in the 2nd, but not in the top 5.