Keenum to sign with Denver

1 minute ago, brianthomas said:

arrghh.. guess that means we're getting Bradford... i wouldve rather we got Keenum but hey if Bradfords knee holds up it could be good

Bradford is the best of the bunch in Minny. HEALTH is the question 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Bradford is the best of the bunch in Minny. HEALTH is the question 

yep... i think in Bradfords only game last year he threw for over 300 yards & 3 td's... but then he got injured. If he did join the Bills he'd be the best qb here since Bledsoe. Bradford, Bledsoe, both qb's names start with B. We're the Buffalo Bills... 2 more B's. Coincidence? SuperBowl BB!

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

arrghh.. guess that means we're getting Bradford... i wouldve rather we got Keenum but hey if Bradfords knee holds up it could be good

Lol we know his knees won't hold up.

• Like (+1) 1

This takes the Broncos out of this QB market.  Here is why.  Keenum is being brought in to keep the window they think they have open. (I'm not sure they really have any open window left, but whatever)  Keenum is going to cost WAY TOO MUCH to be a bridge...this is to be the starter for the next 2-3 years while they still have a good WR pairing, still have Von Miller, still have Harris...they aren't completely bereft of talent.  Paxton Lynch is now officially a bust, but he's still on his rookie deal, still a guy they drafted in round 1 and paid dearly for to move up...and Trevor Simien....Simien isn't very good, but he's experienced and also cheap.  They aren't going QB this year....they will stay put at 5 and get one of the top 3 Non QB players in this draft....again in line with trying to win while the window is open.  AND....the coaching staff are all basically working THIS SEASON to prove themselves....this is not a situation where they have a staff in place, ready to start the franchise rebuild with a new QB....this staff won't be coaching any QB they take in the draft now...they are all in with Keenum and winning to save their jobs.  Elway isn't going to ask for their input on wich QB fits their system etc.  

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

If healthy Bradford is best option outside if cousins.

If 100% it is arguable Bradford is better than Cousins

That doesn't mean I would sign him for a heavy cost given his history. 

Hopefully that'll mean that the Broncos will at least have no interest in trading up for a QB anymore.

It'd be even better if they view Keenum as a good enough QB to keep their current window open, decide to pass on a QB at 5 or even trade down, surround him with more talent and go for a SB now. They may view him as good enough to keep their window open (since he did almost take Minnesota to the SB this past season...). 

Im not sure that Keenum signing makes them pass on a QB at 5 though. We may get a better idea once we see what Keenum's dela looks like...