How awesome is that trade down from last years draft looking now?

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Nobody is going to argue that; it's the whole idea. 

I mean, not arguing it really but I feel like we already did pretty darn good. 

Got a whole bunch of cap space and moved to 12 for a guy that’s hasn’t played a full season since 2015. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

I think Mahomes. who KC drafted will be a superstar

2 minutes ago, H2o said:

Jeff, is that you?

I think it might be... lol

Edited by Perk71
Spelling

12 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Passing on Watson was a big, big mistake. 

In a vacuum - I agree.

However...

We didn't have Beane in place yet. We were running that Draft on a GM and scouts that were not going to be there the following year. 

As such, I can understand McDermott not wanting Whaley and company picking the next Franchise QB. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

Trust the process This GM and coach have a plan and are executing it to precision.   They will get the guy they want and won’t do something stupid like giving up all the draft picks they accumulated to do it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Xwnyer said:

Trust the process This GM and coach have a plan and are executing it to precision.   They will get the guy they want and won’t do something stupid like giving up all the draft picks they accumulated to do it.

For the first time ever as a Bills fan, I can confidently say I do trust this process

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bobby Hooks said:

I mean, not arguing it really but I feel like we already did pretty darn good. 

Got a whole bunch of cap space and moved to 12 for a guy that’s hasn’t played a full season since 2015. 

I

I agree; we essentially got 2nd round value for Cordy and he's worth it if healthy, certainly. I wouldn't have minded keeping him, actually. But moving up those nine spots puts us on the threshold to make the bolder move into the top three. Nice. 

6 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I think Watson will continue to be a stud. Nothing he did this year (injury included) will convince me otherwise.

Anything is possible.  We'll find out soon enough.

2 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree; we essentially got 2nd round value for Cordy and he's worth it if healthy, certainly. I wouldn't have minded keeping him, actually. But moving up those nine spots puts us on the threshold to make the bolder move into the top three. Nice. 

Yeah, but will he never be healthy again?

11 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I think Watson will continue to be a stud. Nothing he did this year (injury included) will convince me otherwise.

Mahomes on the other hand, I think he’ll be a disaster. 

I think Watson will always be a stud as well.

I also think he'll be a pretty good QB 

Edited by billsfan11

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Anything is possible.  We'll find out soon enough.

Yeah, but will he never be healthy again?

Remains to be seen. Not our problem if he passes his physical in Cincy. 

4 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Remains to be seen. Not our problem if he passes his physical in Cincy. 

Nope, not the Bills' problem anymore.  Just saying that moving him and getting something, especially what they got, is impressive, seeing as how it doesn't seem he'll ever be able to stay healthy again.

I liked Mahomes more than anyone in this year’s class but can’t deny that Beane has done an awesome job so far.

Curious to see if fan support remains as high when we find out all these moves were an effort to move up for Josh Allen though lol.

• Sad 1

NOBODY gets every decision right. These guys are doing more right than any FO in a long, long time. I’m better off trading #22 since we got Tre and I feel like we almost got #22 for free. Time will tell how they did in the long run, but I feel pretty darn good so far. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nope, not the Bills' problem anymore.  Just saying that moving him and getting something, especially what they got, is impressive, seeing as how it doesn't seem he'll ever be able to stay healthy again.

I agree; it's damned impressive when NOBODY and their mothers thought we'd get the equivalent of a 2nd for him. Great job by Beane and Co. 

• Like (+1) 1