How awesome is that trade down from last years draft looking now?

I must admit. When the Bills traded down last year and passed on Mahomes and Watson I was frustrated. I was thinking, same old Bills again just passing on QBs in the first rounds.

Fast forward 11 months ...

The Bills have an amazing young corner in Tre White.

They get a 1st rounder out of that trade.

And because of that, they now have the ammunition to move up to the top 5 and get their guy. (Along with that slick trade with Glenn)

Beane clearly had a vision and a plan all along, and he loooks like a very smart man as of today.

To answer my original question, it’s looking pretttttyyy awesome

• Like (+1) 1

Cool your jets on Watson.  He looked good for a handful of games and then suffered a serious injury.  Anecdotal evidence suggests that QB's who suffer serious injuries very early in their careers never amount to much.  So that bears watching.

As for Mahomes, wake me when he proves anything other than he has a strong arm. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well to be devils advocate 

it depends on IF they are able to finish the plan and get a QB as good or better than Watson and or Mahommes careers are 

If they get into the top three they are assured of getting a higher rated prospect coming out of college than either Watson or Mahommes. 

• Like (+1) 1

Either way NONE of it matters if they DONT get the QB in the garage 

Just now, K-9 said:

If they get into the top three they are assured of getting a higher rated prospect coming out of college than either Watson or Mahommes. 

See thats the Key. 

They HAVE to finish this move off 

This was the plan all along.

First and foremost, everyone needs to move on from Watson, Mahommes and every other QB in the 2017 draft. They were NEVER going to happen, for one simple reason: McD didnt have HIS GM and Scouts in. It didnt matter what QB was available to us, we werent picking one. McD was smart enough to not pin his career and future on the QB scouting of Whaley and Co. What he DID use them for is DB and LB scouting, which is their strength. So with that said, lets move on.

So the plan was to move down and get setup with as much ammo for the 2018 draft as possible. McD got us through Year 0, and now Beane and he can build into the first true Year 1. The trading away of Watkins and Darby were to help set this up. Continued on with Tyrod and Glenn.

It's all about being the best equipped to make moves, and right now, the Bills are the best equipped team to move around in this draft.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Either way NONE of it matters if they DONT get the QB in the garage 

See thats the Key. 

They HAVE to finish this move off 

Nobody is going to argue that; it's the whole idea. 

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Well to be devils advocate 

it depends on IF they are able to finish the plan and get a QB as good or better than Watson and or Mahommes careers are 

Yup. 

Id take Watson over white and 22 this year. 

Maybe we nail it and he he falls apart but right now we are still coming from behind 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Doc said:

Cool your jets on Watson.  He looked good for a handful of games and then suffered a serious injury.  Anecdotal evidence suggests that QB's who suffer serious injuries very early in their careers never amount to much.  So that bears watching.

As for Mahomes, wake me when he proves anything other than he has a strong arm. 

I think Watson will continue to be a stud. Nothing he did this year (injury included) will convince me otherwise.

Mahomes on the other hand, I think he’ll be a disaster. 

• Like (+1) 1