With the 12th Pick Bills select

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

Last year the Bears moved from 3rd pick to the 2nd pick to take Mitchell Trubisky.

Bears received:  No. 2 overall pick.

49ers received:. No. 3 overall pick.  No. 67 (third round).  No. 111(fourth round).  Bears 3rd round pick in 2018. 

That was to move up 1 spot and we're going to move up 9 spots?!?!?!

tenor.gif?itemid=5657519

51 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Mayfield is the only elite QB imho opinion. Precise, off the chart decision making and mobile. Arm is so so but not bad.

Decision making, you say?

51 minutes ago, pimp on da' net said:

That's your conclusion?

Really disturbing how you came to this...

Your disturbed that I implied your half sentence stereo types were uninformed and lazy?

Man, I'd hate to see you with a real problem!

Edited by gobills1212
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, gobills1212 said:

Your disturbed that I implied your half sentence stereo types were uninformed and lazy?

Man, I'd hate to see you with a real problem!

The comment was neither meant to recap in detail information that has been discuss on this site ad nauseum, but I will indulge. Neither fact about each QB prospect listed was a stereotype. These are based upon reports and data from league insiders...

J. Rosen- has a history of being concussed. Having this history leads to the instability of mortgaging your franchises draft currency on someone who is much more susceptible in the future. 

S. Darnold- INT: TD ratio is a concern. He has gotten away with throwing across his body & not setting his feet properly (at the college level)...can he improve on these shortcoming? maybe but far from a sure thing.

J. Allen- see S. Darnold and add accuracy concerns (<60% career)

B. Mayfield- By all accounts, he has the intangibles needed to succeed but height is a concern due to the fact many borderline 6 foot QB drafted in the 1st round have had the success in the current league.

L. Jackson- its been suggested by a HOF GM and evaluator of talent,  that he should test at another position at the combine is quite telling. I am not saying I agree with Polian but Jackson has his supporter & distractors. 

What's lazy is a vail comment  without supporting your own counter statement. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, pimp on da' net said:

The comment was neither meant to recap in detail information that has been discuss on this site ad nauseum, but I will indulge. Neither fact about each QB prospect listed was a stereotype. These are based upon reports and data from league insiders...

J. Rosen- has a history of being concussed. Having this history leads to the instability of mortgaging your franchises draft currency on someone who is much more susceptible in the future. 

S. Darnold- INT: TD ratio is a concern. He has gotten away with throwing across his body & not setting his feet properly (at the college level)...can he improve on these shortcoming? maybe but far from a sure thing.

J. Allen- see S. Darnold and add accuracy concerns (<60% career)

B. Mayfield- By all accounts, he has the intangibles needed to succeed but height is a concern due to the fact many borderline 6 foot QB drafted in the 1st round have had the success in the current league.

L. Jackson- its been suggested by a HOF GM and evaluator of talent,  that he should test at another position at the combine is quite telling. I am not saying I agree with Polian but Jackson has his supporter & distractors. 

What's lazy is a vail comment  without supporting your own counter statement. 

Oh... my.... 

Thank you for explaining you're afore mentioned sterotypes... but the truth of the matter is I was imploring you to dig a bit deeper. I've read them, I understand them, and in various topics up and down the board each has been broken down and discussed in great detail. Shame on me for being a smartass I suppose as I did ask exactly for your provided break down - but I guess my point was this recap was like level 1 'lets discuss the qb class at the bar' type stuff. That's on me for not being clear I suppose...

• Like (+1) 1

Moving to #12 cannot be the goal.  It would make no sense.

It's clear the Bills are targeting a Quarterback first and foremost.  They have met with, or are planning to meet with, every decent QB prospect in the draft.  They already traded their starting QB and have shown only marginal interest in the Free Agent options available.  They have been stockpiling extra picks for the last 12 months.  In Carolina, Brandon Beane was also part of the process that took a very raw QB prospect #1 overall (Cam Newton), rather than numerous "elite" prospects at other positions like Von Miller, Marcel Dareus, AJ Green and Patrick Peterson.

Sitting at #12 still puts us behind Cleveland (twice), Denver and the New York Jets, who are definitely in the QB market.  It puts us behind the New York Giants and Miami, who are possibly in the QB market.  It puts us in serious danger that Arizona can trade ahead of us.  No way that we made all of these moves, then sit on our hands and watch 3-5 QBs come off the board before we pick.  My guess is that we will own a Top 3 draft selection well before March is over.

12 hours ago, USABuffaloFan said:

I am not of the feeling Bills need to trade up any farther. At 12 they can get several really good players. Drafts never go as expected and Free Agency has allot to offer in QB's. Bills will definetly get a QB in Free Agency who will play next year and maybe one more year. I think Bills will sit at 12 and expect a QB falls to them and my bet is they are counting on Allen and will also take Jackson. They want worldly athletic talent and a project with huge upside. Both these guys fit that and won't have to start. If this falls though they will get a DT or DE whoever grades out better.

You could be right, but I doubt it.

Sure looks like they want to trade up.

Otherwise, who can they be very confident they can get at #12 that they felt they couldn't get at #21? Can't be sure at all of Allen. Plenty are predicting him as a top five guy. Jackson? He's likely to be available at #21. Doesn't make sense.

Edited by Thurman#1

2 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

You are wrong. It is GREAT to move up and carelessly give away draft picks.

Signed,

Doug Whaley

You think that's what he's doing here? Going after the top QB in the draft, FINALLY, and they're really being "careless"? That's your take? You looked at this thread, read the posts, and decided you are in agreement with OP? Ok... :rolleyes:

Because Whaley moved up for a WR, no team should ever move up again, especially for a QB. Ok.

Rob Johnson sucked for the Bills, so we should never take a QB from California either. According to other equivalent threads.

With fans like this, who needs Russ Brandon ruining the team? Let us run it, and we'll never draft a QB again! It's worked so well the past 50 years!

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You think that's what he's doing here? Going after the top QB in the draft, FINALLY, and they're really being "careless"? That's your take? You looked at this thread, read the posts, and decided you are in agreement with OP? Ok... :rolleyes:

Because Whaley moved up for a WR, no team should ever move up again, especially for a QB. Ok.

Rob Johnson sucked for the Bills, so we should never take a QB from California either. According to other equivalent threads.

With fans like this, who needs Russ Brandon ruining the team? Let us run it, and we'll never draft a QB again! It's worked so well the past 50 years!

Doc, that is SO not where I was going, I might delete the post!!! I was being 100% sarcastic. Beane and McDermott accumulated all of these picks and I laud praise upon them for doing so. It's what I always wanted for the team. Whaley otoh was like a very bad nightmare.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Edited by Bill from NYC

3 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Doc, that is SO not where I was going, I might delete the post!!! I was being 100% sarcastic. Beane and McDermott accumulated all of these picks and I laud praise upon them for doing so. It's what I always wanted for the team. Whaley otoh was like a very bad nightmare.

Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Hahaha, I KNEW you were better than that. Now it makes sense. Go Bills! :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

You don’t think they have already worked most of this out?

Giants want Barkley- if he goes 1 we move to 2 and if Barkley is available at 2 we are going to 3.

I think in either case it is for Rosen.  I think they know that Cleveland is either Barkley or Darnold at 1.

Sure glad you have spoken too Giants and Indy for the Bills and have this all worked out. Beane also thanks you for picking Rosen!

12 hours ago, gobills1212 said:

Hhmmmm...

It's relavence can be debated, but you understand there's a chart and hes not just making this stuff up right?

Replace GM with you and kiper with board and you may soon know the feeling.

Also, for an opinion that needs an open mind to be understood or taken seriously you seem to be shooting down others valid arguments and dishing insults like calling people fans of division rivals. Not the best look

Interesting you say it is a opinion for someone to say Bills will move to 2 and pick Rosen. That this will only cost Bills 12, 22, 65. If it is a opinion then you say I think Bills should. People on this board are thinking Bills did all this to move to the front of the draft and will definitely get 2 or 3rd pick and get Darnold or Rosen. This is far from a truth and very damaging to the Bills future if done because this is FOR the FANS. Beane will do what is best for the Bills, he can correct QB situation this week in Free Agency for 1-2 years. What QB we land depends on other teams more than "what the Bills" want. This Bills Wall is a frenzy of people thinking something is "owed to the Bills". I am 52 years old, been a fan at least 42 years, nothing magically comes to the Bills, takes allot of sweat and sometimes it just isn't in the cards. I will be happy if they get a QB at 12 or a great DT, DE, etc... I as a Bills fan will be happy Beane got us to a better spot to get a better player than what was available at 21, Glenn was not the Bills future under Beane. So if I seemed to be squashing your right, maybe your squashing Mine! 

People Misconstrue why we have been hoarding picks since Beane has been here it is for this very reason we are all in on a QB this draft and it will determine the future of this Organization. Having made the playoffs he will have a longer leash. I feel we have wanted Rosen all around and I am completely on board with it. About time we have our guy!

53 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

We shouldn't draft anybody, bc they are all risks.

Not sign FA either, just pay the same roster until they retire one by one and we can't field a team.

Duh.

13 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

Josh Allen played in a pro-style offense and yet he needs time to develop no question. Most draft pundits have been saying that Rosen is ready to start from day one.

2. Which QB is most ready to start right away in the NFL?

Kiper: It's Rosen, who has played under former NFL offensive coordinator Jedd Fisch and has elite physical tools.

Who the HELL is Mel Kiper??