With the 12th Pick Bills select

Last year the Bears moved from 3rd pick to the 2nd pick to take Mitchell Trubisky.

Bears received:  No. 2 overall pick.

49ers received:. No. 3 overall pick.  No. 67 (third round).  No. 111(fourth round).  Bears 3rd round pick in 2018. 

That was to move up 1 spot and we're going to move up 9 spots?!?!?!

5 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Anyone but Rosen! The first pass in the video highlights of Rosen I saw is an intercepted pass in the NFL. Many of his passes in the highlight reel are picks in the NFL.

Mayfield or Darnold. 

Agree brotha', Rosen is the last on my list from the consensus top 4

1)Mayfield

2)Darnold

3)Allen

4)Rosen

Allen and Rosen made their living under no pressure and are sluggish, IMHO

6 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I feel the Bills will move up this year. Just not into the top five because I think If they were going to the number two spot they would have used Glenn to trade up with the NY Giants who are in dire need of a quality tackle.

However, they might go up to that number four spot if the right guy for them is still there. Both Rosen and Darnold are ready to start from day one...I just don't like either one. I prefer Mayfield and Allen in which Mayfield can start from day one, Allen might need to sit and develop a bit.

None of these QB's are ready for the NFL day 1. They are not pro set QB's. Darnold and Rosen also throw INT's. Maybe Baker can but he has allot to learn too. None of these players are Luck. Not even Winston. 

21 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

I am not of the feeling Bills need to trade up any farther. At 12 they can get several really good players. Drafts never go as expected and Free Agency has allot to offer in QB's. Bills will definetly get a QB in Free Agency who will play next year and maybe one more year. I think Bills will sit at 12 and expect a QB falls to them and my bet is they are counting on Allen and will also take Jackson. They want worldly athletic talent and a project with huge upside. Both these guys fit that and won't have to start. If this falls though they will get a DT or DE whoever grades out better.

Or........maybe, just maybe, you take the importance of a franchise QB to heart, as McBeane has REPEATEDLY stated in their short tenure. Get off it folks,  there is no conspiracy. We are moving up for a QB, and it wont be Jackson, Allen, or Rudolph. 

7 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

They didn't move to 12 to pick at 12.

Why? Have you heard anything different. I heard Beane say he likes to use his picks. He just made 21 better to a 12. That is a player position jump from where he was. Whole new group of players he gets to look at and it could be Baker or Allen!

23 minutes ago, USABuffaloFan said:

I am not of the feeling Bills need to trade up any farther. At 12 they can get several really good players. Drafts never go as expected and Free Agency has allot to offer in QB's. Bills will definetly get a QB in Free Agency who will play next year and maybe one more year. I think Bills will sit at 12 and expect a QB falls to them and my bet is they are counting on Allen and will also take Jackson. They want worldly athletic talent and a project with huge upside. Both these guys fit that and won't have to start. If this falls though they will get a DT or DE whoever grades out better.

They would likely not have made the moves they have made so far if the plan was to "Stop at 12."

It won't happen.  More is coming, and it's all a part of a coordinated plan of attack.

Refreshing isn't it?  

We're looking at the first competent regime at OBD since Polian.

12 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

It’s not about several good players at 12.

It’s about getting an elite QB.

Fasten your seatbelt, brother.

There isn't an elite  QB in this draft...they all have warts! None is ready as a day 1 starter...

Rosen- concussions

Darnold- decision making, poor footwork and turnovers

Allen- Accuracy

Mayfield- Height

Jackson- Pro style QB abilities

Edited by pimp on da' net
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Anyone but Rosen! The first pass in the video highlights of Rosen I saw is an intercepted pass in the NFL. Many of his passes in the highlight reel are picks in the NFL.

Mayfield or Darnold. 

I just watched the highlights from Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield. Rosen definitely got "lucky" on a couple of his throws in that highlight reel, and a couple of them would've most definitely been picks in the NFL. Darnold appears to have the biggest arm between the three, but is the least accurate. Mayfield may not be the 1st QB off the board because of his height, but he will end up being the best QB in this draft.

Edited by TuelTime
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MtlBillsFan said:

Mayfield or Darnold. 

amazing how many love a guy they have only seen highlights of and have never actually seen him play. So many of the Bruins games were late evening back East games start late and most don't have the Pac 12 network, I presume. And injuries, injuries, I hope I am dead wrong. I really don't want to be right but I say pass on Josh  IRosen.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, USABuffaloFan said:

Then you will pay with another 1st pick.

#12, #22, #56, and #96 together are more than enough to get to #2, and definitely enough to get to #3. They are all THIS YEAR picks, which are much more valuable than 2019 picks. And we still have a 2nd (#53) and 3rd (#65) to work with.

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

If Cleveland goes QB, the Giants will take Barkley or there will be a deal in place for us to move up to #2 for Rosen or Darnold, Giants go to 3 and take Barkley and load up on extra picks.

Wow your awesome, you got Cleveland, Giants and Indy to do everything you WANTED them to do, genius!!!!!

2 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

They would likely not have made the moves they have made so far if the plan was to "Stop at 12."

It won't happen.  More is coming, and it's all a part of a coordinated plan of attack.

Refreshing isn't it?  

We're looking at the first competent regime at OBD since Polian.

I may not agree on taking Rosen but this group is absolutely amazing in their aggressiveness, both last draft and the here and now !

• Like (+1) 1