Cordy Trade - do you like it?

Bakin

Do you like the Glenn Trade?  

249 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Cordy Trade?

FWIW,

i like it. 

Glenn was a good player for us but he clearly was replaceable and Dion played well last year. Nice to get rid of his salary and his recent injuries were clearly concerning. 

Cogs’ fantastic season was a key reason for Dawkins excellent performance, and so I would expect that if that side of the line stays healthy we should get the same or better results next year. 

The traded netted us the equivalent of a mid to late 2nd (based on draft point value). 

Abso Freakin lutely!!!!

I asked last year if people trusted McBean after the Sammy trade and people were hemming and hawing.

How many were calling for one or the others head last year at some point. Ridiculous amounts of shade thrown at the both of ‘em.

“ How ya like me now?!!!”

They know we can do without him. My hunch is he doesn’t stay healthy from here on out for long stretches.

How did Sammy do last year?

How did Darby do last year?

Cordy seems to be a breaking down a bit; 16 starts last two seasons. He can turn it around, but it appears he's been replaced...thus expendable. We move up to possibly get a QB in this years draft. How can you not like it? 

1 minute ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Yes. Smart. They basically traded Glenn for a 2nd round pick. That's the value.

What do you mean? It's the 12th pick of the 1st round

BTW I think picks are overrated! Many rookie players don't pan out. While proven starters are... proven. This makes sense because it was a case of his huge salary becoming expandable since his replacement played well. And now the Bills have ammo to trade for the top picks. Yet sooooo many busts in the first picks I can't believe people still worship draft picks to that extent! You can find the precious gems, but many duds in there too.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Jerome007 said:

The draft value chart says moving up to 12 would have cost a 2nd round pick. 

This trade will be hard for even the negative nancy crew to dislike.

Just now, Jerome007 said:

BTW I think picks are overrated! Many rookie players don't pan out. While proven starters are... proven. This makes sense because it was a case of his huge salary becoming expandable since his replacement played well. And now the Bills have ammo to trade for the top picks. Yet sooooo many busts in the first picks I can't believe people still worship draft picks to that extent! You can find the precious gems, but many duds in there too.

Moving from 21 to 12 is normally worth a 2nd round pick.