Josh’s Allen thIs target

3 hours ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

I like Allan cause TBD hates him. You guys are terrible at rating your quarterbacks since I've been lurking the board.

I'm in Dallas. What's the price, too late to sign up? What's the protocol? Get hammered and Boo everybody that's not a bill?

You just have to sign up for the lottery on the NFL.com website.  There will be 30K seats so you have a good chance of being selected.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:12 PM, ******* said:

Been listening to wgr and the bulldog has talked about how josh Allen’s name has been popping up on his twitter feed as the potential target. Have not seen anything on that since this trade. Anyone else have any info about this?

I still think it's a smoke screen.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 6:29 PM, Jauronimo said:

What part of Josh's Allen Th Is Target don't you understand?

lol, you have a dirty mind though J

I mean that in a nice way

Edited by Figster

On 3/12/2018 at 6:40 PM, PIZ said:

This bit about Beane liking Allen going into 2017 is interesting -- and could be the basis for the connection between Allen and the Bills. Remember that Allen was coming off a strong 2016 campaign. However, his numbers plummeted (for a variety of reasons) in 2017. It is quite possible that Beane and the scouts do not like Allen nearly as much now as they did in the fall.

According to Astro, the Bills did not "live scout" Allen once this season....and when Beane was interviewed one of the things he said is you want to see these guys live...now, maybe it's all just a smokescreen....but many of his comments came in May, long before Draft season and long before there was any idea they would make the playoffs and be Drafting in the 20's....so, I think that lends some actual credibility to his statements. 

That said...maybe he live scouted him last year with the Panthers? Don't know, but just putting it out there for a balanced perspective.

30 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

According to Astro, the Bills did not "live scout" Allen once this season....and when Beane was interviewed one of the things he said is you want to see these guys live...now, maybe it's all just a smokescreen....but many of his comments came in May, long before Draft season and long before there was any idea they would make the playoffs and be Drafting in the 20's....so, I think that lends some actual credibility to his statements. 

Not entirely true. Pretty much everyone and their mother was at their bowl game including John Elway and tons of other GM's and scouts. Also, obviously everyone was at the senior bowl for the whole week and he met with the team then. They also saw him at the combine and met with him there. There will be scouts there at his pro day today and I'm sure the private workout will be in the next few days where they will also take him out to dinner and really get to know him. Maybe they didn't go to any regular season games but that's not really necessary because there's film and all of these other opportunities to see him live as well

2 hours ago, PIZ said:

Palmer is trying to sell his client.  I've conceded that if Allen is at 12 we should just take him there.  I think of the QB's he's the likely one to get to 12.  This is if we cannot trade up any further because teams just don't want to move.  Definitely not my first choice.