Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

1 minute ago, BrotherChazz said:

Why? Dawkins is stability at LT. Glenn only played in 5 games.

I know, but from RIchie's perspective, Dawkins is just a kid.  And there'll be a kid on the other side. 

I'm not complaining.   I assume they got decent value for him, and I think the move means they were happy with Dawkins.   

Plus, I love the assertiveness.   These guys have a plan and they are goin after it.   

When Whaley inked someone, maybe Hughes, he said he was happy because the Bills had their six key players.   He said you can afford to pay six guys big salaries, and the Bills had their six.   Well, Gilmore, Dareus, Taylor and Watkins are GONE.   So much for his key players.  

3 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Like the Cordy Glenn trade for #Bengals, desperately needed upgrade(s) on their OT depth chart. As for #Bills, they appear hell bent on having enough draft capital to do something crazy.

Josh Rosen please!! 

But It very well could just be that they plan to rebuild the team through the draft.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Glenn only played 16 games in the last 3 seasons. We won't get close to a 2nd for him. This is a salary dump like Dareus. I'd be happy to be wrong about this though.

It smacks entirely of a salary cap type maneuver. 

1 minute ago, stony said:

I'm torn on this.  He's a damn good player.

He sure is but Dawkins is a helluva player as well and almost certainly will improve in year 2, and he's already a stud! 

Any time you have a stud LT on a rookie deal, that really helps the whole roster because veterans at LT cost an arm and a leg. 

Fantastic move, more ammo in draft and FA! 

This front office continues to impress!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DC Tom said:

I'd like this more if Wood were still playing.  40% turnover on the line is substantial.

Hard to call it 40% when Dawkins played much of the year. Also, I believe in Groy as, at minimum, a placeholder at center. 

• Like (+1) 1