Cordy Glenn traded to bengals

7 minutes ago, ndirish1978 said:

STOP IT. TT is gone. #thefearisreal

You're right of course, that's why every scouting agency out there has him rated as a 2nd rounder. The ONLY person rating him high is Chris Trapasso and he's a nobody, are you Chris' mom?

Because you believe scouting agencies, right? Presumably Bradley Chubb is the 4th best player; I mean, that's consensus. Either a running back or a guard is the consensus best player in the draft. That's what the agencies say, right?  I'm not sure that any one of those three players will be the most productive players at their positions (interior line, rb, rush). 

Sam Darnold is almost universally the first pick in the mock drafts. If you use mock drafts and projections, that's just great. LMAO. 

Edited by Tyrod's friend

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Who is going to block for our new QB?

I would guess -

Dion Dawkins, Richie Incognito, ? (Groy maybe?), Miller/Vlad/someone new, Mills/someone new.

Dawkins did very well at LT last season, and not so good at RT. So Glenn was likely made redundant in the eyes of McBeane. Then you look at the high price tag and missed games the last 2 seasons, and you can see why they were leaning toward Dawkins on a rookie 2nd round contract. 

Add in the Bengals offering to swap 1sts and give the Bills a much better shot at their QB and the decision's even easier. 

I liked Glenn a lot too, and just said today that they better be sure Dawkins can continue playing like last season. But that was when I was expecting Glenn to bring back a 3rd or something similar... with our desperate need at QB this would have been a hard trade to say no to. 

The draft will pivot on what happens in free agency.  If Denver land Cousins, they will most likely not a draft a QB.  Cleveland and NY Jets are near locks to draft a QB.  The Bills do not have to trade to 2 to get their QB.  Move to 5 with Denver and get a top 3 QB.  Today's trade gives the Bill flexibility.   This will be fun to watch play out.

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

That is wrong - Bills did not have a 6th.

Then Rapoport has something wrong.

NFL.com

The Buffalo Bills have agreed to trade left tackle Cordy Glenn to the Bengals, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Good Morning Football's Peter Schrager reported Buffalo and Cincinnati are swapping first-round picks, moving the Bills up to No. 12 and the Bengals back to No. 21. They're also swapping fifth- and sixth-round picks, with Buffalo moving to No. 158 and Cincinnati dropping back to No. 187, per Rapoport.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

Then Rapoport has something wrong.

NFL.com

The Buffalo Bills have agreed to trade left tackle Cordy Glenn to the Bengals, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport. Good Morning Football's Peter Schrager reported Buffalo and Cincinnati are swapping first-round picks, moving the Bills up to No. 12 and the Bengals back to No. 21. They're also swapping fifth- and sixth-round picks, with Buffalo moving to No. 158 and Cincinnati dropping back to No. 187, per Rapoport.

correct, think everyone else has it the opposite way. We gave up our fifth and got their sixth. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

The Bills will also be sending a fifth-round pick to the Bengals, who will send a sixth-round selection to Buffalo as part of the deal. Like all proposed trades, the Buffalo-Cincinnati deal can’t become official until the new league year starts on Wednesday.

the above from ProFootballTalk...

16 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Wait, the Bills traded THEIR 6th for the Bengals 5th?? Not the other way around? So we move from 187 to 158??

That's incredible. 

I don't think so. 

Bills don't have a 6th. They traded their 5th for the Bengals 6th 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

We should trade the #12 pick to the Browns for Tyrod.  Otherwise, TSW is going to be one boring place!

No need, the deal hasn't been done yet, we just have him back, as we no longer need the extra pick with the Glenn trade, and bingo, a bridge has been laid for a new QB. ;)

5 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The draft will pivot on what happens in free agency.  If Denver land Cousins, they will most likely not a draft a QB.  Cleveland and NY Jets are near locks to draft a QB.  The Bills do not have to trade to 2 to get their QB.  Move to 5 with Denver and get a top 3 QB.  Today's trade gives the Bill flexibility.   This will be fun to watch play out.

I hear that, but it depends on whether or not they have three QBs rated evenly vs. that ONE guy they’ve targeted. I suspect the latter. 

• Like (+1) 1