Bombings in Austin

50 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Has anyone seen Azalin post today?

I think this lacks sensitivity. I know Azalin. Azalin is a friend of mine and he's no 23-year old serial killer. 

He's much older.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, garybusey said:

Whatever. Glad the douche is dead.

The meaning of words, especially in situation where government institutions have sought to infringe directly on the rights of American citizens in response to "terrorism", are important.  So, no.  Not "whatever".

To the second, I'm also pleased that he's not going to be able to harm anyone else.  There would probably be much more investigative value to having him alive, however.

3 hours ago, shrader said:

Either way, the guy is in a rush, gets sloppy, and almost immediately gets caught.  Have stories of the bomb squad very cautiously searching his house come out yet?  You know that's coming at some point, unless they were slow enough to release his name so that they could get to his place quietly.

I've actually been unusually busy at work today, and haven't caught up yet. I do know that the guy lived with two roommates who last I heard were not suspects ( as of yet, anyway), so I doubt the house will be booby trapped. Then again, who knows....

47 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

I think this lacks sensitivity. I know Azalin. Azalin is a friend of mine and he's no 23-year old serial killer. 

He's much older.  

Much, much, older.  :lol:

3 minutes ago, Azalin said:

I've actually been unusually busy at work today, and haven't caught up yet. I do know that the guy lived with two roommates who last I heard were not suspects ( as of yet, anyway), so I doubt the house will be booby trapped. Then again, who knows....

Much, much, older.  :lol:

Oh to be a 23 year old serial killer again...

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Are there any indications that his motivations were political?  Without that direct evidence, he's just a run of the mill serial killer, not a terrorist.

People have been offering up all kinds of speculation, but I've not heard anything official yet. The consensus (thus far) seems to be that he wanted to create chaos, and chose the SXSW festival to do so, when several hundred thousand people flooded into town.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Oh, to be a 23 year old anything again! I even had hair back then. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Are you crazy?  At 23, you're just getting started.  You're probably disorganized, don't have your MO down, and are making lots of mistakes.  It's much safer being an older serial killer, much less chance of being caught...

...er, or so I've heard.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Are you crazy?  At 23, you're just getting started.  You're probably disorganized, don't have your MO down, and are making lots of mistakes.  It's much safer being an older serial killer, much less chance of being caught...

...er, or so I've heard.

The Bay Harbor Butcher

The Zodiac Killer

The Casanova Killer

Al Bundy

The Gran Torino Slicer

The Milwaukee Cannibal

Jack The Ripper

Name the one who doesn't belong here.

6 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Bay Harbor Butcher

The Zodiac Killer

The Casanova Killer

Al Bundy

The Gran Torino Slicer

The Milwaukee Cannibal

Jack The Ripper

Duh, Jack the Ripper. !@#$ing limey.

40 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

The Bay Harbor Butcher

The Zodiac Killer

The Casanova Killer

Al Bundy

The Gran Torino Slicer

The Milwaukee Cannibal

Jack The Ripper

It's either the Gran Torino Slicer or Al Bundy, neither of whom are real people.

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

We can't even defend our own homes anymore. Now we have to wait for the cops to get there

Took Oakland PD 14 hours to respond to a burglar alarm at my house. They never even knocked on the door to check on us. Just shined a flashlight in our window and one said “doesn’t look disheveled.”  This is why we need to be able to defend ourselves. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Took Oakland PD 14 hours to respond to a burglar alarm at my house. They never even knocked on the door to check on us. Just shined a flashlight in our window and one said “doesn’t look disheveled.”  This is why we need to be able to defend ourselves. 

In their defense, that is a long drive from Oakland to Orange County.

• Haha (+1) 2

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Your reply demonstrates a serious lack of awareness as to the nature of my post and this thread in general. But, ok. 

What do you do, run out in your underwear wearing a suicide bombers vest? Or do you have the house rigged to explode if there is a breakin? Maybe you throw a hand grenade at the intruder? 

How about you you just buy a shot gun? 

12 hours ago, Boyst62 said:

I'm a little confused on how they got the suspect found so quickly, he was at a hotel, all of this that happen so easily when we still have so many questions about the Las Vegas shooter and everything else like that

DR & the rest of the BAU got there yesterday.  Kind of surprised it took this long to get the guy to blow himself up.  On TV, that's always the absolute longest it takes to catch the serial killer.  :ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

DR & the rest of the BAU got there yesterday.  Kind of surprised it took this long to get the guy to blow himself up.  On TV, that's always the absolute longest it takes to catch the serial killer.  :ph34r:

Last I heard Dexter was still on the loose.

1 hour ago, 3rdnlng said:

Last I heard Dexter was still on the loose.

But he's reformed and a logger somewhere in the NW now.  Besides he was a GOOD serial killer, not a bad serial killer.  And Lundy was the only FBI guy that was ever onto him, and he was viewed as a loon by most of his compatriots.  Besides, that's fictional unlike Criminal Minds which obviously is realistically realistic.

The BAU always get the serial killer in a day or so, unless one of their team is the target in which case it inexplicably takes them years to get the bad guy.