Bills hosting Matt Moore per Albright retweet - Rodhak says not so fast

28 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Moore played for Miami at 1.75 million per year.

We need 4 guys in camp and with Peterman and rookie with no experience, why not get a cheap old timer?

Peterman-Doesn't have a lot of experience

Rookie

A guy like Moore/Anderson/McCown (If he signs cheap enough)-Lot's of camp/backup experience

Another vet who can be the 2018 starter on a short length contract (Bridgewater)

Now that you put it that way. 2 mill or less 1 yr deal for experienced camp arm with no dead cap if he does not make the final 53 is not a terrible idea.

These NFL QB's on the edge of making a living in NFL must be drooling over the number of "bridge" QB deals opportunities to show what they have with a full training camp as starter like most never had before. Some could be Case Keenum 2.0

Edited by cba fan
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

It could also mean that McDermott prefers having a veteran QB as a backup. If they end up signing another FA QB and drafting a rookie could signal the end of Peterman on the active roster at least.

He and Beane have stated the importance of there being a veteran in the room. Moore might not be active on Sundays, but is really important when it comes to film study and things of that nature, especially if you are drafting a young guy. Having a guy like Moore gives you like an extra coach who can still play if needed. 

12 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Now that you put it that way. 2 mill or less 1 yr deal for experienced camp arm with no dead cap if he does not make the final 53 is not a terrible idea.

These NFL QB's on the edge of making a living in NFL must be drooling over the number of "bridge" QB deals opportunities to show what they have with a full training camp as starter like most never had before. Some could be Case Keenum 2.0

Thanks for seeing my point.  I would rather have McCown in that role than Moore but you get my drift.

Lots of NFL HCs/OCs think McCown can be a great QB coach, we could use one of those.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nucci said:

when did "bridge QB" become a thing? Starting to get overused a bit

I know, right?  Seems as though 20 teams in the NFL are looking for a "bridge QB" these days.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

when did "bridge QB" become a thing? Starting to get overused a bit

As I said before.....

THIS.  OFFSEASON.  CAN.  NOT.  END.  SOON.  ENUF!

1 hour ago, Ittakestime said:

This is why we need a system here.  This is a BS twitter account.

We Need A PROCESS!  DAMMIT!

Edited by Kwai San

My question to the general audience is why we want any of these guys.  Matt Moore, Chad Henne, Drew Stanton, Derek Anderson, etc. are all retreads.  I would rather see Nate Peterman crash and burn for a year while they're getting a guy ready to be the starter.  Other than the "process", what is a rookie going to learn from a below average NFL quarterback?  I say that the answer to that question is nothing.  They're not going to learn anything more from a 35 year old journeyman than they will from Peterman, who at least has a year under his belt.  This is especially true if they trade up to get their guy, which seems pretty evident after moving on from Tyrod.  This team does not need an open QB competition to determine who the starter will be this year.  They need a definitive game plan.  I firmly believe that the draft has to happen FIRST, unless they decide that one of these guys out there that will be available is starter material.  In that case, a signing would certainly be showing their hand.