Bills hosting Matt Moore per Albright retweet - Rodhak says not so fast

23 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Also saw that we should be looking at Henne as well

Nate Geary Retweeted WGR 550

Don't freak out, but @AllbrightNFL mentioned Matt Moore and Chad Henne as veteran options for the Bills in 2018... Check out our interview here:

https://tinyurl.com/yd7v2pfq

Henne has thrown two passes since Sept of 2014...didnt complete either.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Well if its Matt Moore I wouldn't spend more than $5M on him

Moore played for Miami at 1.75 million per year.

We need 4 guys in camp and with Peterman and rookie with no experience, why not get a cheap old timer?

Peterman-Doesn't have a lot of experience

Rookie

A guy like Moore/Anderson/McCown (If he signs cheap enough)-Lot's of camp/backup experience

Another vet who can be the 2018 starter on a short length contract (Bridgewater)

It really is a double edged sword type of dilemma. In one hand you want a "bridge" stop gap type QB who can mentor the young possible franchise QB you draft while he develops.

On the other hand you just made the playoffs and like the taste of it. You don't want to trot out someone who will embarrass your team costing you wins and a possible post season berth at the expense of not rushing the prized jewel.

Edited by billsbackto81

36 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Benjamin Allbright Retweeted

Grant Gilchrest @Gilchrestsports 42m42 minutes ago

I’m told the #Bills will host FA QB Matt Moore this week. Has ties to new OC Brian Daboll.

Mike RodakVerified account @mikerodak 2m2 minutes ago
Source says there is no truth to unsubstantiated Twitter rumor that QB Matt Moore is visiting the Bills this week.

Doesn't this kind of cancel each other out? It's as if it never happened. #matrix

35 minutes ago, Logic said:

If the Bills sign Matt Moore, it means they are DEFINITELY trading up in the draft for a "big four" QB. 

There's no way that with a QB depth chart of Matt Moore and Nate Peterman, you're content sitting around until 21 and hoping you land a guy.

If Moore signs, it's a trade-up. Period.

I agree.  

If they traded up for Rosen I think a back up like Matt Moore would make alot of sense.  Rosen imo is the most pro ready QB.  He would come in a be the starter.  Moore is a career back up and would be a more willing player coach than other Qbs brought in to compete for the job.

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Joe B also has a new article up talking about the Bridge QBs and can see Moore here....Maybe I got a little trigger happy

All tweets from Incarcerated Bob, Buffalo Fanatics, and the like should be off limits IMO.   No credibility.

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Never have I been so happy by something Rodak said.

Doesn't preclude it 

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/no-more-tyrod-so-whats-next-for-the-buffalo-bills-at-qb

Matt Moore, a player I’ve seen some fans discussing on Twitter a bit more these days due to his connection to Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll from their time in Miami together. Keep in mind that Moore also played with the Carolina Panthers while Beane was making his rise through the ranks. By signing Moore, they could get him for a low-cost deal, and likely wait until after the draft — which is right around the time where qualifying free agents for the compensatory formula is all finished up.

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Doesn't preclude it 

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/no-more-tyrod-so-whats-next-for-the-buffalo-bills-at-qb

Matt Moore, a player I’ve seen some fans discussing on Twitter a bit more these days due to his connection to Bills offensive coordinator Brian Daboll from their time in Miami together. Keep in mind that Moore also played with the Carolina Panthers while Beane was making his rise through the ranks. By signing Moore, they could get him for a low-cost deal, and likely wait until after the draft — which is right around the time where qualifying free agents for the compensatory formula is all finished up.

It may come down to a Matt Moore or Chad Hennessy, but I would be disheartened a tad if that's where the search started. These aren't guys that should be prioritized...they are way down the line fall back options.

30 minutes ago, HiddenInLight said:

Thank god.  Signing Moore is just as bad as signing Thigpen was.

This probably came from:

"The bills are going to bring in more QBs this week."

"Moore at QB?"

"Yes! More QBs!"

*rushes to twitter* "Bills bringing in QB Moore this week!"

you got this new world twitter news trajectory down. Any little post on social media in Buffalo area from Bills fans, Bills media, etc etc....... =

Soon after what you said then some bigger guys like Ian Rapoport or J LaConfora post "reports out of Buffalo say Bills may have interest in Matt Moore and may have him in for a visit soon" or "what I am hearing out of Buffalo is Matt Moore may be in". Then the ball just keeps rolling.

I guess for those not paying attention to local matters if is good to have this reported, but these guys should state it is just an internet rumor, and not lie to sound all connected.

Edited by cba fan

50 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

He’s not that bad.  But with Moor as starter you can’t expect better than 8 wins.  Teddy Marchibroda once said this about backup QB’s:

”They’ll win you 3 games and then they’ll lose you 3 games.”  

That is Matt Moore in a nutshell.  Of course signing Moore 100% ensures the team is all in on a drafting a QB high.

He's more like a "Win you 1 game and then lose you 5 games" kind of QB.