Was The Tyrod Taylor Era a Success?

Was The Tyrod Taylor Era A Success?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Was The Tyrod Taylor Era A Success?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

Just curious? What's the limit on points? 

When you observe what McBeane are doing you see a coherence and strategy to what they are doing. Even if you don't agree with everything they do at least you can see the logic that is being applied. As I said before I'm more optimistic now than I have been in a generation. 

20 a day IIRC or more likely 20 in 24 hours.  

Though transplant someone managed giving out 30 one day. 

I’m trusting the process.  

He was the QB who oversaw the drought ending and was probably the best QB of the drought.  Under those circumstances I would say yes.

I was just thinking though how it's sad just about all our quarterbacks since Kelly (including Flutie) have really only been here for three seasons or four tops.  Would be nice to see someone here over the long haul.

So yes he was successful here but our bar is low so to speak.  I do wish him well though

We signed a street free agent and he helped this team break an epic streak, so I think you would have to say it culminated in "success" with a lower-case s, because he never got us to a conference or league championship and he never turned into a QB that could carry a team. I think he played to the best of his ability and that ability was just not enough.

• Like (+1) 1

Look...We're like the fan base that is a 4 but complains when a girl is a 7. Our expectations   are too high. We complain when players talk trash about our city and we tell them if you don't like it here to leave.  Then we get players who love the community but we still push them away. Tyrod was a success. 

WE MADE THE PLAYOFFS! Tyrod was able too successfully manage games and didn't lose games. Let this man move on and stop talking trash.  He wasn't a franchise QB. How many of those actually exist in the league. 5, 10 maybe? 

I'm proud of him and this team. He was the constant professional, hard worker, teammate, he has been great for this team. Now he moves on. 

Edited by Big Curt

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Everything is deserving of credit!! That’s the point. The Bills wore shirts around that read “playoff caliber.” That was their stated goal. We can discuss whether a team should have any goal other than Super Bow Champion but the Bills were more realistic. They set that goal and achieved it. In addition to achieving their goal they are in position to take the next step. 

To me you are either moving forward or moving backwards. The Tyrod era was moving forward. He was 23-20 in a Bills uniform. When I look at the scope of a regime I ask myself, “are they better now than when ____ got here?” I don’t think that anyone thinks that they were in a better place entering 2015 than they are entering 2018. Whether or not people want to withhold any credit to Tyrod for changing the dynamic and getting the team in the playoffs is up to them. I chose to think fondly on the past 3 years. 

The Bills entering 2015 had the exact same record as entering 2018. And the 2015 roster was arguably twice as talented. 

So, no.

7 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

The Bills entering 2015 had the exact same record as entering 2018. And the 2015 roster was arguably twice as talented. 

So, no.

And the 2017 Bills played in a playoff game, have 6 picks in the top 100 and $100m in cap space next year. They are in a better place now.