Was The Tyrod Taylor Era a Success?

Was The Tyrod Taylor Era A Success?  

139 members have voted

1. 1. Was The Tyrod Taylor Era A Success?

• Yes
    • No

8 minutes ago, Putin said:

I still can't believe we got a 3rd round pick for him , 

he can play

the Eagles won with two nobodies that ran a perfect system, so anything can happen if you try to adapt to reality

Just now, row_33 said:

he can play

the Eagles won with two nobodies that ran a perfect system, so anything can happen if you try to adapt to reality

That nobody was going for the league MVP before he got hurt 

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

8-8

7-9

9-7 (backing into playoffs)

We (generally speaking) only consider this "success," because we're Bills fans.

That is a crappy three seasons and I, personally, do not consider it a successful run.  That's not all on Tyrod.  It's a team game.

And this team stunk the entire time he was here.

right. it's all a matter of perspective. we were a .500 team before he arrived and we were a .500 team during his tenure. the poster who said we backed into the playoffs is correct, if not for Andy Dalton, it wouldn't have happened.  now, if your Cleveland and he plays .500 ball you will view him as an overwhelming success.

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Putin said:

That nobody was going for the league MVP before he got hurt 

that was a SYSTEM victory, plain and simple, any decent QB could have filled in for the Eagles, didn't even need a decent QB

now the opposition will be ready for it in the season coming up.

Just now, row_33 said:

that was a SYSTEM victory, plain and simple, any decent QB could have filled in for the Eagles, didn't even need a decent QB

now the opposition will be ready for it in the season coming up.

Really? Your telling me Tyrod would have come in and would have done what Foles win the SB ?

There's no way in hell Tyrod could have made half of the throws that Foles made system or not

• Like (+1) 2

wouldn't say it was an overwhelming success. i would say it was a moderate one. they took another teams unproven backup and then....

he won slightly more than he lost

we never broke the bank for him

made the playoffs

and then turned said backup into the 1st pick of the 3rd round. which could potentially be ammo for the future franchise guy.

i'm cool with it.

How could they not be considered a success.  He was signed as a backup with upside to compete.  He competed and won the starting job, and led us to the playoffs... he doesn’t have to be the long term solution for me to consider his time here a success.... I think for what he was, his time was about the best that we could have hoped for....

not a success. not a complete failure either. success would of been developing in to the franchise guy this team has lacked for far too many years to count.

the playoffs may of never happened if not for the defense playing as they did early on in the season or they could very well finished 5-11/6-10 and not sniffed the playoffs.

that said, he was part of the team that won enough to have an opportunity for a wild card and ended the drought and I am grateful for that.

you have to also credit andy dalton and the bengals for their help in getting the bills in to the post season, made for some real excitement at the end of the season.

the first year gave me hope, the second season I started to question and last season I lost all hope he would be the future.

I would not really rate him as successful yet I wish him well as the browns stop gap where maybe there when their future (likely drafted rookie) is ready to take over he can accept a back up role?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

A success. Won more than he lost ( I think), got the drought off the franchise's back. Although that took some fortuitous happenings: the Bills were 9-7 under Orton in 2014 as well but missed the posteseason. For what Taylor is, it's a ( modest ) success. The new FO realized his ceiling  had been reached and moved on.