New Mock Draft AT (After Tyrod)

I might be in the minority here but I would much rather use picks in this draft to move up than 2019 picks. The 2019 draft looks to be a much better draft outside of QB. The Bills have huge needs in the front 7 and the 2019 draft might be historically good in that area. 

3 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I don't get the Mayfield love, but that is just me.

I see him as a major liability in November and December games here. But, like I said, it's just me.

Why? He has a huge arm (one of the biggest in the draft). Is there something else that scares you?

5 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

I read that. I think we have to go higher to get baker. 

Doubt it. I think Mayfield falls right into our laps at 10 in a trade up scenario. One of them will fall, I think Rosen goes 5-7, Allen and Darnold in the top 5.

I'm banging the table for Mayfield at 10. Please, Lord.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I might be in the minority here but I would much rather use picks in this draft to move up than 2019 picks. The 2019 draft looks to be a much better draft outside of QB. The Bills have huge needs in the front 7 and the 2019 draft might be historically good in that area. 

Why? He has a huge arm (one of the biggest in the draft). Is there something else that scares you?

I know it's a case by case basis, but Oklahoma QB's just scare me.

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Really? 2019 looks better? That's crazy because 2018 is really nice, lots of good players in need areas.

3 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Doubt it. I think Mayfield falls right into our laps at 10 in a trade up scenario. One of them will fall, I think Rosen goes 5-7, Allen and Darnold in the top 5.

I'm banging the table for Mayfield at 10. Please, Lord.

Miami wants him

5 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Really? 2019 looks better? That's crazy because 2018 is really nice, lots of good players in need areas.

I think that this is a terrible class in the front 7. It’s good okay at DT & LB but horrendous with edge guys. There could be 12-15 defensive lineman to go in the 1st next year’s class and 3 in the top 5. Oliver, Bosa, the Clemson guys, Gary, etc... The first mock that I looked at had 7 DL going in the 1st 11 picks and 12 in the first round!! That is just DL (not including LBs). 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-still-take-qb-no-1-after-tyrod-taylor-trade/

In short, trade up to #10 with Oakland and grab Baker Mayfield and keep #22.

Grab LB Rashaan Evans at #22

Grab DT Harrison Phillips at #53

Grab C Frank Ragnow at #56 ( don't know much about him but I disagree, especially with WR Christian Kirk still on the board)

Who wouldn't be happy with this? 

This is actually not that much different than the one they posted on the 8th.    It's the same for the Bills, the only thing that has changed is the Browns picks.  I said in another thread this would be the best thing that could happen for us and I still think it is.

The only concern though is if Miami wants to move down into the top 5.  That's what you have to watch out for.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 hour ago, billsbackto81 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/two-round-2018-nfl-mock-draft-browns-still-take-qb-no-1-after-tyrod-taylor-trade/

In short, trade up to #10 with Oakland and grab Baker Mayfield and keep #22.

Grab LB Rashaan Evans at #22

Grab DT Harrison Phillips at #53

Grab C Frank Ragnow at #56 ( don't know much about him but I disagree, especially with WR Christian Kirk still on the board)

Who wouldn't be happy with this? 

i'd be happy with it however if vita vea is there at 22, i would take 2 dts.  if not i would entertain trading 22 down a few spots for an extra 3rd and 4th.

53 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Baker Mayfield is absolutely who I'm praying for in a trade up to 10. I'd like to trade down from 22 and recoup the lost draft picks though. Wouldn't mind Rudolph or Lauletta in the 3rd on top of Mayfield at 10.

I agree.  If a trade to 10 didn't happen I'm good with taking Rudolph at 22, bringing in Bradford and keeping Peterson

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I think they're posturing at this point. It's a highstakes poker game and I am calling their bluff.

Agreed, plus they have nowhere near the ammo Buffalo has. They'd have to sell their soul to the devil. No way they can match the Bills and maintain quality picks for the future.

1 minute ago, BuffaloDave55 said:

I agree.  If a trade to 10 didn't happen I'm good with taking Rudolph at 22, bringing in Bradford and keeping Peterson

I like Rudolph, most places have him listed in the 2nd all the way to the 4th round. Wouldn't surprise me if he went at the top of the 2nd though (33-35 range), that's kind of where I see him. Could be wrong, but that's my guess.

6 minutes ago, BuffaloDave55 said:

I’m fine with Peterson but they need to dump Peterman.

Rudolph, Bradford, Peterson > Rudolph, Bradford, Peterman

13 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think they're posturing at this point. It's a highstakes poker game and I am calling their bluff.

I don't think they are.  I think they are eying a QB.  If they actually trusted Tannehill then why would they trade away his top target?

10 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Agreed, plus they have nowhere near the ammo Buffalo has. They'd have to sell their soul to the devil. No way they can match the Bills and maintain quality picks for the future.

There is a difference for the Phins though.  If you look at their Offense, they still have everything around for a rookie QB (although they traded Landry away) and they are pretty set on defense so they could actually sell their soul for a QB.  Gase probably wants his own QB and Tannehill is obviously not their guy.  He's unavailable and he's not very good when he is.  Why wouldn't they want a QB?  And while you think it's outrageous for them to sell their souls for a QB, but it is OK for the Bills to do so, I'm confused?

In any case both teams need franchise QB's and it'll be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by NewEraBills

14 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I hope so. I’d name the middle name of my child who’s due date is draft night after baker 

• Haha (+1) 1