Sal C’s “Dear Browns fans....” about Tyrod Taylor

Kinda reminds me how foxnews still has a Hillary article every other day.  

6 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mr. Miyagi had to have one parting shot at the QB that made him look like an idiot in 2017.:lol:

Sal........the NFL is changing gramps........see what Philly did with Foles and Houston did with Watson......HISTORIC......and to a lesser historical scale but also impressively what ANTHONY LYNN did with Buffalo in 2016 in putting the best Bills offense in a quarter-century on the field........teams actually are adjusting their offenses to fit their QB strengths.

And just an awful read as well.........NOBODY cares about your first two paragraphs.............and the hypothetical "Tyrod loses the game in the 4th quarter" scenario is mostly fiction since those situations rarely happened.  

But yeah, the All-22 stuff being analyzed by dummies was a divisive factor........but what you are missing in BOTH of these cases is perspective.

What do other QB's All-22's look like?   Do statistics show that good QB's are always bringing their teams back from deficits against equally matched or better opponents?

I'll help you........other effective QB's miss wide open receivers and NO.....good QB's aren't regularly marching their teams back from 4th quarter deficits.

Are Matt Ryan and Alex Smith garbage because they threw brutal-looking, game-ending interceptions on their final drives in games against much less talented the Bills teams this year?   

Tom Brady was moving the ball up and down the field at will in the SB but couldn't get his last 2 drives past midfield at the end........I guess he's done (or maybe the other team had something to do with that?).

Go to school this offseason Sal.........your performance was garbage this year.......re-watch what Houston and Philly did.......even LA Rams where the HC was calling plays for his QB at the LOS......and maybe even actually watch some college football........then perhaps you will be able to get a better perspective on the NFL landscape.:thumbsup:

stop making sense dude.  these mental baskets will gang up on you like facebook trolls. 

Tyrod deserves better than Buffalo fans.  May he find some peace in CLE. 

Edited by nedboy7
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, DFT said:

Something about that Sal Cap guy...    he just seems to “get it”.   

Soon he will have his own show...he’s my favorite radio personality...and I’m always singing his theme song when he comes on

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Mr. Miyagi had to have one parting shot at the QB that made him look like an idiot in 2017.:lol:

Pleas don’t take this personally 

go to the Browns forums and discuss the former Bills QB 

He is who he is and as I thought 

No longer a Buffalo Bill. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

This is crap. Tyrod might be all the good we remember. Tyrod might do what Rich Gannon did for the Raiders. This fool at WGR has no idea what TT might do for the Browns. Just be happy we're moving on. Why take shots at the kid because it didn't work. This is all 'I hope he sucks so I can say I was right.' This is why I can't take WGR seriously. They're a joke station.

• Like (+1) 2

This fool described TT to a tee.  

If you don’t see it you never will.  

Browns fans will welcome you too.  

3 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

This is crap. Tyrod might be all the good we remember. Tyrod might do what Rich Gannon did for the Raiders. This fool at WGR has no idea what TT might do for the Browns. Just be happy we're moving on. Why take shots at the kid because it didn't work. This is all 'I hope he sucks so I can say I was right.' This is why I can't take WGR seriously. They're a joke station.

Jmo

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Sal........the NFL is changing gramps........see what Philly did with Foles and Houston did with Watson......HISTORIC......and to a lesser historical scale but also impressively what ANTHONY LYNN did with Buffalo in 2016 in putting the best Bills offense in a quarter-century on the field........teams actually are adjusting their offenses to fit their QB strengths.

And just an awful read as well.........NOBODY cares about your first two paragraphs.............and the hypothetical "Tyrod loses the game in the 4th quarter" scenario is mostly fiction since those situations rarely happened.  

But yeah, the All-22 stuff being analyzed by dummies was a divisive factor........but what you are missing in BOTH of these cases is perspective.

What do other QB's All-22's look like?   Do statistics show that good QB's are always bringing their teams back from deficits against equally matched or better opponents?

I'll help you........other effective QB's miss wide open receivers and NO.....good QB's aren't regularly marching their teams back from 4th quarter deficits.

Are Matt Ryan and Alex Smith garbage because they threw brutal-looking, game-ending interceptions on their final drives in games against much less talented the Bills teams this year?   

Tom Brady was moving the ball up and down the field at will in the SB but couldn't get his last 2 drives past midfield at the end........I guess he's done (or maybe the other team had something to do with that?).

Go to school this offseason Sal.........your performance was garbage this year.......re-watch what Houston and Philly did.......even LA Rams where the HC was calling plays for his QB at the LOS......and maybe even actually watch some college football........then perhaps you will be able to get a better perspective on the NFL landscape.:thumbsup:

https://1iota.com/Show/385/The-View

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This fool described TT to a tee.  

If you don’t see it you never will.  

Browns fans will welcome you too.  

Jmo

No he didn't. He described TT to his "tee" He don't even know what TT was supposed to do on the field. He don't even know what play was called. I just think some people was to be right. He wants a pat on the back? Was that even necessary? Why not just say we're moving on and I wish him luck? Because it's not about TT it's about him and his little EGO.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

That is such a well written letter. Bravo. So accurate, so right and so wrong at the same time is Taylor.

I do wish the best for Tyrod Taylor.. I think he will have a very long career as a very good backup that will win you 50% of the games like backups do.

Which means he'll always be a starter, because many teams in the league don't have a QB good enough to win 50% of their games.

Good luck to him. It was an interesting few years. I totally supported him until around mid season last year when I realized we have seen everything there is to see from Tyrod. I'm glad we get to turn the chapter and make real efforts at upgrading the position.

14 minutes ago, CuddyDark said:

No he didn't. He described TT to his "tee" He don't even know what TT was supposed to do on the field. He don't even know what play was called. I just think some people was to be right. He wants a pat on the back? Was that even necessary? Why not just say we're moving on and I wish him luck? Because it's not about TT it's about him and his little EGO.

was it necessary?  Maybe not.  

I don't believe he told any lies.

Maybe TT fans need to let it go.  

the more attention he gets from it the more he’ll continue to do so.  

I think Taylor is in a horrible situation, not only will the fans be all over him for the 140 yard passing performances but Gordon and Landry will be in his face as well. You have two diva WR's that will need targets and volume or they will lose it. The schedule for Cleveland is a nightmare setup for Taylor as well, they will need offense  and a few comebacks and those are two things Taylor doesn't do. I see a absolute nightmare scenario.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think Taylor is in a horrible situation, not only will the fans be all over him for the 140 yard passing performances but Gordon and Landry will be in his face as well. You have two diva WR's that will need targets and volume or they will lose it. The schedule for Cleveland is a nightmare setup for Taylor as well, they will need offensive and a few comebacks and those are two things Taylor doesn't do. I see a absolute nightmare scenario.

I’m not sure what to expect. If their defense and run game  is bad like last year he will be set up to fail. Their run D was good,  but their pass D was historically bad. They can draft Barkley but they have to use him. Last year Hue ignored his RBs. Perhaps Haley will make changes. But Hue is still in charge. Too many variables.

im also not sure if Haley will have patience with him. He’s used to a much different type of QB.  

Edited by YoloinOhio

12 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

was it necessary?  Maybe not.  

I don't believe he told any lies.

Maybe TT fans need to let it go.  

the more attention he gets from it the more he’ll continue to do so.  

I'm not even a TT fan. I just think it's ridiculous how people hate him. I'm glad he's gone. It's just ridiculous how people want to hate on the guy. These are the same people who were celebrating Peterman starting against SD even before he played the game. They thought that would be better too. I hope we end up better but the TT hate is ridiculous.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

I think most of the Tyrod fighting was rooted in  people wanting to defend their predictions that Tyrod would turn the corner. So when he didn't play up to them they had to turn to explanations why they were still right. And I think Tyrod saying it was because he is black didn't help.

Oh well we are on a new chapter and I wish the Browns good luck!

Two points :

• I'm amazed at people still fuming over Taylor's short, brief comment about black quarterbacks - made, of course, weeks before the bizarre & moronic decision to bench him for Peterman (a situation which Taylor handled with class). As for Taylor's comments, I personally think they're correct, that black QBs do have a smaller margin for error (at least to a degree) and are on a shorter leash. But even if I decide that's wrong - or disagree with Taylor over the extent - I would still find the anger over the comments strange. The man was in Buffalo for three years and represented the city extremely well, and yet people rage over that? Huh.
  • As for Taylor never "turning the corner", really? Going from the end of '15 season, the Bills organization has dumped Hogan, dumped Goodwin, dumped Watkins, dumped Gillislee, dumped Woods, gave up on Karlos and Percy, saw their two main receivers miss well over half of '16 injured, saw their only two decent receivers play all of '17 injured, saw their o-line go from spotty to bad in pass protection, saw their o-line go from premier to so-so in the running game. That last development followed another useless scheme change, which dropped the Bills out of a league-leading running game. So Taylor never "turned the corner"? Go figure.

Here's what I know : During his Bills career, Taylor has had a pieced-together mess for receivers except the fifteen games of '15-'16 when he had Watkins and Woods on the field. That's it : Taylor, Watkins, and Woods played together just fifteen games over two years. 

When that happened, this occurred : 63.6% comp. 8.25 YPA. 27 TD passes. 6 INT

Edited by grb
  • Like (+1) 5

I was no different with Taylor than I was with JP, EJ, Fitz, Edwards and even Orton. I knew very early that we had no chance of winning a Super Bowl with any of those QB's and I wanted them all gone. Taylor was just so frustrating because he had the QBR numbers that people would blindly use to justify him being a good QB. 

1 hour ago, CuddyDark said:

You’re a fan right? Have you ever judged a player without knowing what the play call was or what his responsibilities were? I’m sure you’ve thought a player was good or bad right? Lighten up.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I was no different with Taylor than I was with JP, EJ, Fitz, Edwards and even Orton. I knew very early that we had no chance of winning a Super Bowl with any of those QB's and I wanted them all gone. Taylor was just so frustrating because he had the QBR numbers that people would blindly use to justify him being a good QB. 

Only difference between TT and those you listed is I believed the Bills had a shot at the PO every year with TT. Never thought that with any of the others.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

You’re a fan right? Have you ever judged a player without knowing what the play call was or what his responsibilities were? I’m sure you’ve thought a player was good or bad right? Lighten up.

Judging is not the same as hatred.

Edited by CuddyDark