Sal C’s “Dear Browns fans....” about Tyrod Taylor

I actually think Cleveland fans will have a more positive opinion of him. They've gone 1-31 with truly awful QB play. There haven't been any bright spots so Tyrod will give them that. And they know he's just a placeholder for their franchise QB.

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I actually think Cleveland fans will have a more positive opinion of him. They've gone 1-31 with truly awful QB play. There haven't been any bright spots so Tyrod will give them that. And they know he's just a placeholder for their franchise QB.

Season 1 they will love him.  

If he stays for longer

Season 2  they will start to wonder who he really is.  

Season 3   they will know who he really is.   

• Like (+1) 3

Browns will draft a top rookie QB so I don't really see this message from Sal as relevant. We had Taylor and nobody else at the position. Browns will have Taylor and a future franchise QB. That makes things look a lot greener. The moment Taylor's shine starts to where off they just put the rookie or second year QB in. But it very well may take a while for that shine to wear off because we are talking about the Browns here. The only team more starved for a franchise QB than we are. We held onto guys like Fitz and Taylor for too long because we loved their flashes of greatness and overall average QB play. Assuming Taylor plays like he did over the three years he was here with us. Browns fans will love Taylor at least for year one.

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If he stays for longer

Didn't see your post before I posted mine. Exactly what i posted about season one. We did the same thing with Fitz and Taylor. Browns will be fine and they'll actually have a future QB behind Taylor. Something we never had.

1 hour ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

You might want to let go of that. We are talking about the present and future.

Until proven otherwise the present and the future is that QB that threw 5 picks in one half. 

15 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

If he stays for longer

Too funny. I was out with a bunch of Browns fans last night. They just want a chance to win some games. They don’t have high expectations. I told them he’s frustrating to watch but he’s also fun to watch sometimes. Really, he’s perfect for them at this time. It was a win-win from both sides. 

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Exactly this. Think of our QB purgatory. Multiply that by 100 and you have Cleveland's QB purgatory. I means seriously. Their one bright spot was Hoyer starting like 7 games one year before he was injured? That is a QB hell we haven't even experienced.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Too funny. I was out with a bunch of Browns fans last night. They just want a chance to win some games. They don’t have high expectations. I told them he’s frustrating to watch but he’s also fun to watch sometimes. Really, he’s perfect for them at this time. It was a win-win from both sides. 

Cleveland is easily the best destination for Tyrod. And Tyrod is the best bridge QB for them. It's a match made in QB purgatory.

• Haha (+1) 1

Browns fans will love Taylor at first because even though he is too hesitant at times, he makes minimal mistakes.    I saw a couple of Browns games and saw a bit of them on Red Zone.  Kizer could move the ball but was incredibly  mistake prone.   Many Browns games were competitive until somewhere between late 2nd and early 4th where a boneheaded mistake, usually by Kizer would happen and cause things to unravel.  Tyrod's game managing style will be a welcome change

This has applied to Bills fans often during the drought

We had 2 years of Losmans 100-150 yards to Evans and 30 to everyone else in a game and got sick of it.   When Edwards came in his "checking down" was seen as finally spreading the ball around, managing the game and using his tools.  It was a welcome relief until no progress happened in two years and we started knowing him as Captain Checkdown

After we saw too many 20/25 140 yds games, we got sick of it and in came Fitz.  We loved Fitz because he wasnt hesitant, threw the ball around with reckless abandon and even though there were turnovers, we were finally getting 300 yard games and points again.  After two years with no progress we started calling him Pickspatrick, he was gone and the cycle repeated with others afterwards.

For at least the first 8 games Taylor will be the greatest thing since sliced bread  according to Browns fans.

Edited by dgrochester55

24 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Cleveland is easily the best destination for Tyrod. And Tyrod is the best bridge QB for them. It's a match made in QB purgatory.

A 0 win team that’s about to draft his replacement in a few weeks? I doubt that Taylor sees this as the best destination.

22 minutes ago, vincec said:

A 0 win team that’s about to draft his replacement in a few weeks? I doubt that Taylor sees this as the best destination.

hey, least he gets to be the QB for a bit.

in reality i find it tough to think of many places that Tyrod would be coveted as a teams starter,  other than Cleveland.

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

hey, least he gets to be the QB for a bit.

in reality i find it tough to think of many places that Tyrod would be coveted as a teams starter,  other than Cleveland.

I don't understand the need for such a letter.  These fans will be screaming for the rookie by week 4.

On ESPN this am some guy with a show was talking about this trade and the Browns wheeling and dealing so far and said "Sasha Cohen" is really doing a great job as GM.  Then he corrected himself and said:  "sorry, Sasha Cohen is an actor, the GM is Sasha Brown".

LOL

Mr. Miyagi had to have one parting shot at the QB that made him look like an idiot in 2017.:lol:

Sal........the NFL is changing gramps........see what Philly did with Foles and Houston did with Watson......HISTORIC......and to a lesser historical scale but also impressively what ANTHONY LYNN did with Buffalo in 2016 in putting the best Bills offense in a quarter-century on the field........teams actually are adjusting their offenses to fit their QB strengths.

And just an awful read as well.........NOBODY cares about your first two paragraphs.............and the hypothetical "Tyrod loses the game in the 4th quarter" scenario is mostly fiction since those situations rarely happened.  

But yeah, the All-22 stuff being analyzed by dummies was a divisive factor........but what you are missing in BOTH of these cases is perspective.

What do other QB's All-22's look like?   Do statistics show that good QB's are always bringing their teams back from deficits against equally matched or better opponents?

I'll help you........other effective QB's miss wide open receivers and NO.....good QB's aren't regularly marching their teams back from 4th quarter deficits.

Are Matt Ryan and Alex Smith garbage because they threw brutal-looking, game-ending interceptions on their final drives in games against much less talented the Bills teams this year?   

Tom Brady was moving the ball up and down the field at will in the SB but couldn't get his last 2 drives past midfield at the end........I guess he's done (or maybe the other team had something to do with that?).

Go to school this offseason Sal.........your performance was garbage this year.......re-watch what Houston and Philly did.......even LA Rams where the HC was calling plays for his QB at the LOS......and maybe even actually watch some college football........then perhaps you will be able to get a better perspective on the NFL landscape.:thumbsup:

Edited by BADOLBILZ
  • Thank you (+1) 4