Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

33 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Exactly... A Tyrod Taylor who doesn't hold the ball too long, -can locate the open man, and passes for more than 169 yards a game.

And yet in his entire career has never maintained a starting job. 

I am amazed how many people just hate the idea of getting top end QB play and want to settle

22 minutes ago, Ittakestime said:

I find it funny that some people on here think you are getting playoff Foles. I hate to break it to people, but Foles is somewhere between last year playoffs and his Rams stint. Not worth much. 

He excels in the RPO, which is what the Eagles used in the Vikings and Cheaters games.  As for his time with the Rams, I discount anyone's play on offense under Jeff Fisher.

21 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The reports are that they actually wanted more than the 1st and 4th they received for Bradford.  IMO that's the "I don't want to sell" price they threw out knowing no team would pay it. 

More like in negotiations, you ask for a lot and then settle lower. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

Foles and Tyrod couldn't be more different. Foles is a 6'6" pure pocket passer with no mobility but far better accuracy and anticipation.

Really hmmmmmm both middling blah Bridge QBs. 

So in essence the same. Want better

Just now, Doc said:

He excels in the RPO, which is what the Eagles used in the Vikings and Cheaters games.  As for his time with the Rams, I discount anyone's play on offense under Jeff Fisher.

More like in negotiations, you ask for a lot and then settle lower. 

How about they really value him as cheap insurance and really don't want to trade him. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How about they really value him as cheap insurance and really don't want to trade him. 

They were willing to trade him for Tre White and a 3rd rounder.  That tells me he's available.

11 hours ago, 707BillsFan said:

Saw this: "Foles is clearly a player the Eagles don’t want to give away for nothing, but keeping his $7.6 million cap hit doesn’t look like a realistic option either. The team probably has no option but to cash in its chips and trade Foles."

So yes, Eagles need to trade him. Yes, I believe we should make a move for him, but don't give up too many picks. I say a 2nd and one other pick. Keep the 1's and the 3's intact (along w/ one of the 2's). Foles can man the ship for a year (the rest of this current contract) and let the drafted rookie QB sit and learn. Bonus, he's very cheap for a starting QB. 

I like Foles as a bridge option, but my fear is those picks are too much to give up for this team. Not that it's too high of a price to pay, it's just that I think the Bills want to trade up to get their guy. That alone will be extremely expensive, especially if we try to get to the top 2 or 3. If you give up picks for Foles as well, you come out of the draft with two quarterbacks and pretty much nothing else. 

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Many people appear to discount this possibility, but I think it is real.

If they trade and reno enough to get under the cap without trading Foles, we'll know they're at least somewhat serious

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Many people appear to discount this possibility, but I think it is real.

If they trade and reno enough to get under the cap without trading Foles, we'll know they're at least somewhat serious

Exactly. We'll have an inkling by Wednesday quite possibly. 

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

They were willing to trade him for Tre White and a 3rd rounder.  That tells me he's available.

So they've said they want more than a 1st and a 4th, and they were willing to do a deal for a late 1st round pick who has proven he can play (higher value than a 1st rnd pick) and a 3rd round pick - sounds consistant.  They're willing to deal if a team meets their price.

59 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Most recent reports I saw have the Eagles demanding a 1st and a 4th for Foles.

Ironically, since Tyrod just netted basically a late 2nd round pick (the first pick of the 3rd), the Eagles can use that as leverage to get more for Foles, seeing as he is a solid bit more proven than Tyrod, including a superbowl MVP award a few weeks ago.

I would consider Foles as a bridge QB especially at his cap figure but not for the price the Eagles are asking.....I think the Eagles will have to move off their asking price since they are in some cap trouble!

7 hours ago, mjt328 said:

If the Bills are seriously considering trading a high draft pick for Nick Foles, I am hoping they are asking themselves a few simple questions:

1.  What happened to Foles and his play during the 2014-2016 seasons? 

2014 is an interesting question

2015: Jeff Fisher as head coach, Frank Cignetti then Rob Boras (now our TE coach) as OC

2016: he did a good job in limited action backing up Alex Smith: started 1 game, won, 410 yds passing and 3 TD/0 INT, 7.5 YPA

2.  Why was nobody in our organization interested in Foles when he was available during Free Agency exactly one year ago?

I got nothing, but it should be pointed out Whaley and the (lame) Ducks were still here during FA 1 yr ago.  Beane and his staff weren't here yet

As a FA, Foles was also in a position to pick and choose, and he may have specifically wanted to go to Pederson as a Reid protege (I don't believe they overlapped)

3.  How much did their opinion of Foles change between January 20, 2018 and February 4, 2018?

Maybe it didn't change at all

The cold hard facts.  Most of the media saw Foles as a backup-level QB, and felt the Eagles were going to get easily knocked out by the Vikings in the Divisional Playoffs.  Three weeks and two games later, he was suddenly a tremendous asset and best reserve in the league.

That's true of every player who isn't already a star.