Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How so?

I'll guess we have a different interpretation of retread. Foles has proven himself in the NFL. He should be starting for an NFL franchise.

That said, i'm not advocating for his services necessarily. He can play. In the right situation can be very good.

4 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

I'll guess we have a different interpretation of retread. Foles has proven himself in the NFL. He should be starting for an NFL franchise.

That said, i'm not advocating for his services necessarily. He can play. In the right situation can be very good.

I agree with this. There are approximately 10  teams that this is true as of now...This number will change with the draft coming up.

8 minutes ago, inaugural balls said:

The Bills would be his 4th team. By any estimation, that qualifies as a retread and I wouldn't call him proven based on his career to date with one excellent season and a playoff hot streak to his credit.   The rest of his time has been pretty mediocre with stretches of awful play. 

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Bills would be his 4th team. By any estimation, that qualifies as a retread and I wouldn't call him proven based on his career to date with one excellent season and a playoff hot streak to his credit.   The rest of his time has been pretty mediocre with stretches of awful play. 

Is Alex Smith a retread?

5 hours ago, #34fan said:

A carreer? :blink:

Foles is that long suffering journeyman who finally made good... He's 22-17 as starter, 61 touchdowns to 29 INT's, one pro-bowl appearance, and one SB ring that as much as you want it to, cannot be swept aside.

He was a late 3rd rounder in 2012.. Taken long after guys like RG3, Tanneyhill, Weeden, Osweiller, -even Wilson.. He endured a rough start, got bounced around the league, Suffered disappointments, but still took one last shot before walking away.

He'd be a great example to any team of what's possible if you keep putting in the work.  OR, you can mortgage the next 3+ years of your future for a #1 pick who hasn't done diddly squat.

:blink: What mistake? -Not starting Flutie?

So in essence. Tyrod Taylor who we just traded away. Want better

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So in essence. Tyrod Taylor who we just traded away.

Exactly... A Tyrod Taylor who doesn't hold the ball too long, -can locate the open man, and passes for more than 169 yards a game.

• Like (+1) 1

Most recent reports I saw have the Eagles demanding a 1st and a 4th for Foles.

Ironically, since Tyrod just netted basically a late 2nd round pick (the first pick of the 3rd), the Eagles can use that as leverage to get more for Foles, seeing as he is a solid bit more proven than Tyrod, including a superbowl MVP award a few weeks ago.

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

Most recent reports I saw have the Eagles demanding a 1st and a 4th for Foles.

Ironically, since Tyrod just netted basically a late 2nd round pick (the first pick of the 3rd), the Eagles can use that as leverage to get more for Foles, seeing as he is a solid bit more proven than Tyrod, including a superbowl MVP award a few weeks ago.

The reports are that they actually wanted more than the 1st and 4th they received for Bradford.  IMO that's the "I don't want to sell" price they threw out knowing no team would pay it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

The reports are that they actually wanted more than the 1st and 4th they received for Bradford.  IMO that's the "I don't want to sell" price they threw out knowing no team would pay it. 

Agreed.

I should have included that it is ABSOLUTELY F*CKING IDIOTIC if ANY teams pays a 1st for Foles.

19 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So in essence. Tyrod Taylor who we just traded away. Want better

Foles and Tyrod couldn't be more different. Foles is a 6'6" pure pocket passer with no mobility but far better accuracy and anticipation.