Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

22 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

That is is just a middling avg QB and not a solution long term at the position. 

Sorry, but a middling, average QB doesn't trade blows with the greatest of all time, and get you that ring. -Now way.

4 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have no interest in Foles. Go get a top rookie

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yep. Enough with the retreads.

Said a couple guys who couldn’t help but sing the praises of the inimitable Tyrod the Best since Kelly gives us a great chance to win Taylor????

Puleeeeze!

??

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Said a couple guys who couldn’t help but sing the praises of the inimitable Tyrod the Best since Kelly gives us a great chance to win Taylor????

Puleeeeze!

??

Your reading comprehension is faulty. What I said is that he was the best QB on the team and that's exactly what he was.  

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Sorry, but a middling, average QB doesn't trade blows with the greatest of all time, and get you that ring. -Now way.

Sure it does if you do not let one game define a career. 

Let another team make a mistake of doing that we already did once with Rob Johnson 

30 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

You know who else was a SB MVP? Doug Williams and Mark Rypien. 

27 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Se my posts above yours

I just want a SB ring... If you're looking for a veteran stopgap QB , and last year's SB winner is available, how do you not at least research a move in that direction?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe an inconsistent 29 year old QB is good enough for you, but I'd like the Bills to have better. 

Concur but if you get Foles fairly cheap and still are able to move up for a rookie.... double bonus.

If Foles exceeds expectations, we win, if not he’s still better than our ex “ Starter” and would serve as a bridge.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, #34fan said:

I just want a SB ring... If you're looking for a veteran stopgap QB , and last year's SB winner is available, how do you not at least research a move in that direction?

Not opposed to it...but pick 56 is the absolute most I would offer, and 65 would be more like it.

Plan A is move up and get a franchise guy. (Rosen, Mayfield...Darnold), get a relatively inexpensive QB in FA like Matt Moore.

Plan B trade for Foles and draft a project QB who comes to them like (Allen or Jackson)

Plan C sign a FA QB like Bradford, Keenum, McCarron and perhaps draft a QB like Rudolph, Lauletta in 2 or 3 round

4 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

He had a great year with Chip K. and looked rough with with Rams. On their playoff run and in the Super Bowl he outplayed Tom* Brady*.

Id still get a rookie if we went after him, but the guy deserves some credit.

His coach with the Rams was Fisher? Enough said. 

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Concur but if you get Foles fairly cheap and still are able to move up for a rookie.... double bonus.

If Foles exceeds expectations, we win, if not he’s still better than our ex “ Starter” and would serve as a bridge.

I don't want to give up draft picks for what I consider to be a bridge QB.  

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't want to give up draft picks for what I consider to be a bridge QB.  

Not firsts, agreed. Depends on the deal but Foles has shown the ability to be more than a bridge. I think the percentage chance of that being true is decently above 50 to make it a good gamble.

22 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I hate to break it to you, but even if the Bills win the Super Bowl, you aren't getting a ring!

• Haha (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

It's going to be an interesting week. 

Edited 4 hours ago by Shaw66

That it is.

TT trade just raises so many possibilities to dream of with the feeling that we are decidedly closer to one of them coming true.

Im always excited about the draft but this year feels truly different, as if we are actually on the cusp of a real turn around.

Getting a premier QB, whether on a rookie contract or a team friendly contract and actually building a team around him because we can afford to and have a Scouting department ( seemingly) capable of it.....

????

28 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Puleeeeze!

??

He was an average QB (and still is). Foles is hot and cold. He’s been great and been bad. Tyrod won more games than he lost and broke the drought. I’m sorry that you don’t like winning. 

2 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am admittedly partial but imo McCarron has more potential than the two you mention.

Bill, You may be right that he has more potential but that isn't the overriding issue for us. It appears that the Bills are going to make a move up for a premium qb prospect. If that is the plan then the thinking is for a short term holding plan strategy for the veteran qb. If the Bills do get McCarron you are not going to hear any complaints from me. I think he can do a solid job. But ask yourself from McCarron's perspective who has patiently waited behind Dalton and challenged the Bengals for his free agent status is that the best situation for him? If McCarron was willing to accept a one year or two contract in order to upgrade his status I would be all for it. My belief is that McCarron has options in the market. Although I'm not sure that Buffalo is the best option for him it would be a reasonable option for us. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He was an average QB (and still is). Foles is hot and cold. He’s been great and been bad. Tyrod won more games than he lost and broke the drought. I’m sorry that you don’t like winning. 

Foles won more games than he lost.  In the playoffs, he won more than he lost.  He also won more Super Bowls than he lost.

There's a reason Foles' value is set at a 1st, and TT's a 3rd.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Coming in sixth in the AFC isn’t satisfying to me. I don’t call that winning.

Riding Peterman to a worse finish, knowing for sure he sucks and having a top ten pick ( and all the higher picks in the following rounds) along with KC’s pick would make me a happier person today.

It’s called “ Short term sacrifice for long term gain” or foresight . 

5 hours ago, Juice_32 said:

Super Bowl MVP = retread.

Tough crowd.

I'd be happy with Foles and don't think that getting him prevents us from moving up for a top rookie.

I would take these stats for my QB. Outside of Kelly we haven't had a player with these stats in a long time. Taylor at his best can barely reach 300 yards in a game. Foles cap number is good and the perfect Bridge QB.

Playoffs Passing

Year Age Tm Pos G GS QBrec Cmp Att Cmp% Yds TD TD% Int Int% Lng Y/A AY/A Y/C Y/G Rate Sk Yds NY/A ANY/A Sk% 4QC GWD
Career     4 4 3-1 100 139 71.9 1166 8 5.8 1 0.7 55 8.4 9.2 11.7 291.5 113.2 4 33 7.92 8.73 2.8 1 1
2013* 24 PHI QB 1 1 0-1 23 33 69.7 195 2 6.1 0 0.0 40 5.9 7.1 8.5 195.0 105.0 2 19 5.03 6.17 5.7    
2017 28 PHI QB 3 3 3-0 77 106 72.6 971 6 5.7 1 0.9 55 9.2 9.9 12.6 323.7 115.7 2 14 8.86 9.56 1.9 1 1

PASSING
Year Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate
2017 Philadelphia Eagles 7 101 57 56.4 14.4 537 5.3 76.7 5 5.0 2 2.0 35 3 0 5 44 79.5

2016 Kansas City Chiefs 3 55 36 65.5 18.3 410 7.5 136.7 3 5.5 0 0.0 49 7 1 4 34 105.9

2015 St. Louis Rams 11 337 190 56.4 30.6 2,052 6.1 186.5 7 2.1 10 3.0 68 27 8 14 98 69.0

2014 Philadelphia Eagles 8 311 186 59.8 38.9 2,163 7.0 270.4 13 4.2 10 3.2 68T 29 7 9 74 81.4

2013 Philadelphia Eagles 13 317 203 64.0 24.4 2,891 9.1 222.4 27 8.5 2 0.6 63T 52 13 28 173 119.2

2012 Philadelphia Eagles 7 265 161 60.8 37.9 1,699 6.4 242.7 6 2.3 5 1.9 46 24 2 20 131 79.1

TOTAL 49 1,386 833 60.1 28.3 9,752 7.0 199.0 61 4.4 29 2.1 68 142 31 80 554

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Coming in sixth in the AFC isn’t satisfying to me. I don’t call that winning.

Riding Peterman to a worse finish, knowing for sure he sucks and having a top ten pick ( and all the higher picks in the following rounds) along with KC’s pick would make me a happier person today.

It’s called “ Short term sacrifice for long term gain” or foresight . 

Yeah ask the Sabres how that worked out. Did so well they can try again this year.