Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

On 3/10/2018 at 10:11 AM, Reed83HOF said:

Buffalo Sports Page @buffsportspage 32s32 seconds ago

@greggabe: Right now I think it's going to be a rookie & Nate Peterman at QB for the #Bills next season.

i wouldn't be surprised if it was mayfield or rudolph with nate starting. i think the fo may really think they can get results from nate and use that fa cap money towards building the team.

7 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i wouldn't be surprised if it was mayfield or rudolph with nate starting. i think the fo may really think they can get results from nate and use that fa cap money towards building the team.

Not happening. This regime is all about culture and leadership. There will be a vet

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

You didn’t quote anyone. I assumed you wanted everyone to read it 

Yeah. Anyone who's gung ho about Foles without considering the Eagles' perspective.  He apparently already knew the line of thinking so it wasn't for him. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah. Anyone who's gung ho about Foles without considering the Eagles' perspective.  He apparently already knew the line of thinking so it wasn't for him. 

I thought you were indicting he mistakening said something about Bills' interest

25 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

I will eat my hat if they trade Foles:

a: The risk of Wentz not ready to start the season

b. The chance of re-injuring his leg or getting a new injury isn't

c. defending  their SB title

is not worth it to them.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I’m gung ho about Foles. I’m assuming anyone who isn’t didn’t watch the Super Bowl. Or pay any attention to the playoffs. Chris mortenson knows about as much as anyone else. Which isn’t a whole lot. He can make his assumptions, and I’m not saying they’re wrong, but I have a hard time believing anything from anyone this time of the year. Look at all the deals made on Friday. Nobody saw those coming 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I’m gung ho about Foles. I’m assuming anyone who isn’t didn’t watch the Super Bowl. Or pay any attention to the playoffs. Chris mortenson knows about as much as anyone else. Which isn’t a whole lot. He can make his assumptions, and I’m not saying they’re wrong, but I have a hard time believing anything from anyone this time of the year. Look at all the deals made on Friday. Nobody saw those coming 

Yeah. He's just a guy with actual contacts within the league who has conversations with league executives like Howie Roseman. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yeah. He's just a guy with actual contacts within the league who has conversations with league executives like Howie Roseman. 

Yeah. Kinda like rappaport and every other expert that predict wrong outcomes. Yeah. I forgot to add....yeah

Edited by Seanbillsfan2206

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Yeah. Kinda like rappaport and every other expert that predict wrong outcomes. Yeah

Rapoport gets things wrong sometimes as every situation is fluid.  But they still have sources inside that tell them things.  Regarding your giddiness about Foles, his career includes many more games than his playoff hot streak that are part of what is to be considered.  

12 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

I will eat my hat if they trade Foles:

a: The risk of Wentz not ready to start the season

b. The chance of re-injuring his leg or getting a new injury isn't

c. defending  their SB title

is not worth it to them.

Been saying this since the 1st Foles thread appeared during the playoff run. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, PIZ said:

Anyone heard a 2nd + Cordy Glenn for Foles?

I have not, and I would think Howie Roseman would chuckle politely and ask if your Pro Personnel department is now hiring

In case you're serious, Hint: the Eagles have a pro-bowl LT signed through 2019.  His name is Jason Peters.  Then they won the Superbowl with a 2nd year LT drafted in the 5th.

No interest in Glenn.

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yep. 

Pretty expensive insurance policy.  Maybe Roseman should call Geico.

All I know is that he'll have spoiled milk on his hands if he goes into the season with Foles on the roster.   At best he'll get a team with an injury during the season to give him a pick for a playoff rental Foles--and that probably would not be a 1st and a 4th.   His trade value is at a premium now, before the draft.    

Roseman should seriously think about signing a guy like McCown for his "insurance" QB and getting as much as possible for a guy like Foles who he's going to lose for nothing if he gets too cute...

Just now, Lurker said:

Pretty expensive insurance policy.  Maybe Roseman should call Geico.

All I know is that he'll have spoiled milk on his hands if he goes into the season with Foles on the roster.   At best he'll get a team with an injury during the season to give him a pick for a playoff rental Foles--and that probably would not be a 1st and a 4th.   His trade value is at a premium now, before the draft.    

Roseman should seriously think about signing a guy like McCown for his "insurance" QB and getting as much as possible for a guy like Foles who he's going to lose for nothing if he gets too cute...

It's not expensive when you look at their QB cost as a whole is about $15M.  They are trying to repeat as SB champions and having Foles around with Wentz uncertain to sart 2018 is intelligent management no matter how desperate Bills' fans try to spin it. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

It's not expensive when you look at their QB cost as a whole is about $15M.  They are trying to repeat as SB champions and having Foles around with Wentz uncertain to sart 2018 is intelligent management no matter how desperate Bills' fans try to spin it. 

Not expensive in money.   Expensive in the lost opportunity to have two good players via draft picks to keep the team stocked after Foles leaves next year.   

3-D chess, not checkers...