Sign in to follow this  
IgotBILLStopay

Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Anybody still think Foles is the plan at QB?  Not looking like it to me. 

Depends. Can they get high enough for Rosen?

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Anybody still think Foles is the plan at QB?  Not looking like it to me. 

I would probably keep him if I were them, at least until Wentz situation is much clearer. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Obvious move - They kind of needed to do that regardless of Foles. 

He  gives them $4M of cap relief, so they need to find $5.8 more + new 51 = 6.28

Trading Foles gives them $5.2M of cap relief so would still need at least 1 more move

I'm banking on reno Michael Bennett and Brandon Graham instead, but I could be surprised.....

Trying to trade Jason Peters perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Obvious move - They kind of needed to do that regardless of Foles. 

He  gives them $4M of cap relief, so they need to find $5.8 more + new 51 = 6.28

Trading Foles gives them $5.2M of cap relief so would still need at least 1 more move

I'm banking on reno Michael Bennett and Brandon Graham instead, but I could be surprised.....

Trying to trade Jason Peters perhaps?

Did you count the Lane Johnson restructure?

Torrey Smith trade will also saves them around 5 million.

Foles isnt going anywhere 

With all the moves so far, are they under the cap yet or does anyone know how much they need to cut?

16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With all the moves so far, are they under the cap yet or does anyone know how much they need to cut?

If it goes by top 51 they are still over by a little bit 

I am on the fence with giving up picks for what could be a 1 year rental.  You do not want to give him an extension right of the bat without seeing what he is going to give you.  But if he does play lights out, then his price will go up and other teams will be after him.

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

We'll soon see.

Eagles' choice is to get some value for Foles now or risk losing him for nothing next season.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Eagles' choice is to get some value for Foles now or risk losing him for nothing next season.

They could easily be more focused on having him around with Wentz uncertain to begin the season as they try to win another Super Bowl. 

3 minutes ago, GG said:

Having him on the roster this season might be more valuable to them right now than whatever offers they’ve received.  

Sal Capaccio was asked about Foles in the last segment.  He said they wouldn’t use any draft capital that would hurt their ability to trade up.  

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal Capaccio was asked about Foles in the last segment.  He said they wouldn’t use any draft capital that would hurt their ability to trade up.  

To trade up and also whatever is left, to build the roster around the rookie quarterback. I'm hoping Sal is right

• Like 1

He will be traded around the trade deadline, unless a team desperate due to an injury inquires. 

On 3/12/2018 at 6:46 PM, Doc said:

Depends. Can they get high enough for Rosen?

hopefully not

Maybe we just don’t like Foles. He was a free agent last season and could have been had for nothing. He was an obvious fit with David Culley here and the McDermott-Reid connection. Maybe our opinion on him has not changed just becuase he won a Super Bowl. I like the patince we are excercising. It’s obvious to pretty much everyone that we are trading up. So just wait out the market. There should be absolutely zero sense of urgency right now.

18 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'm sure they wanted a 1st and a 3rd for him, and the Cards' GM laughed himself into a heart attack, which was why the assistant GM panicked and signed Sam Glassford

Sign in to follow this