Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

11 minutes ago, Turk71 said:

2014 I think he broke his collarbone, or somebody probably did it for him. Think he struggled coming back from it too.

Yes, he broke his collarbone week 8.  Was put on IR.  6-2 record.

Mark Sanchez finished the season 4-4.

2015 he was traded to Rams in the Bradford QB swap.

Bradford went 7-7 before getting injured again.

Chip Kelly was fired during the season.

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is the guy youy want to give up draft picks for.  His career as an up and down performer says he's not worth it. 

69gpkw.jpg

The "up" part is staggeringly good - including beating Tom Brady and a simply spectacular post season. It's almost laughable what people are calling a backup QB.

Look closely at those stats. At 24 and 25, he won 14 and lost 4, playing incredibly well. He had a single - single - bad season for a not very good team, then came back and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, concluding a 3 game run. 

Not sure what you are saying is "up and down" here, but ok. I'll take that guy over anybody that is available, including Cousins. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, Tyrod's friend said:

The "up" part is staggeringly good - including beating Tom Brady and a simply spectacular post season. It's almost laughable what people are calling a backup QB.

Look closely at those stats. At 24 and 25, he won 14 and lost 4, playing incredibly well. He had a single - single - bad season for a not very good team, then came back and beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl, concluding a 3 game run. 

Not sure what you are saying is "up and down" here, but ok. I'll take that guy over anybody that is available, including Cousins. 

His 2013 passer rating was the 3rd highest in NFL history going back to at least 1941. Aaron Rodgers 2011 and Peyton Manning 2004 are the only ones higher.   https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_rating_single_season.htm.  

Edited by Turk71

55 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Yikes..I don't like that at all. I thought the kid from ellessuu was untouchable ..I know McD loves him.

He is saying the Eagles were willing, not the Bills. Tre is not going anywhere.

Edited by Turk71
  • Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Philly has to knock off 9 mill from its cap before 4 pm ET March 14. Can they get there without trading Foles? After losing out in the Tyrod Taylor sweepstakes (felt good saying that), looks like it might come down to the Cardinals as the Bills, main competition.

Dark Horse is the Colts who might move down from no. 3 and use part of the returns to reunite Frank Reich with the SB MVP.

bottomline: I'd offer good odds on a trade for Foles happening the afternoon of March 14.

The Colts are not moving on from Luck.

If the Bills can't move up in the draft and the top 5 QBs are gone including Lamar , #22 for Foles would be a option for me.

I was hoping the Browns would sign Cousins , take Barkley at #1 and trade #4. Taylor would be too expensive a backup for Cousins.

How much it took for Alex Smith  surprised me.