Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Coming in sixth in the AFC isn’t satisfying to me. I don’t call that winning.

Riding Peterman to a worse finish, knowing for sure he sucks and having a top ten pick ( and all the higher picks in the following rounds) along with KC’s pick would make me a happier person today.

It’s called “ Short term sacrifice for long term gain” or foresight . 

I’m glad that I don’t have that loser mentality. It’s worked great for he Sabres. I would love to win a Super Bowl but am not mad at a guy that was 23-21 as a Bills QB. Find me the last Bills to do that? 

10 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

Foles won more games than he lost.  In the playoffs, he won more than he lost.  He also won more Super Bowls than he lost.

There's a reason Foles' value is set at a 1st, and TT's a 3rd.

So you want Foles? I want Rosen (and have since prior to the 2017 draft). It’s documented. We will see who is better from this point forward. 

Also, you can set the value wherever you want. I think Foles fetched a 2nd max.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Bill, You may be right that he has more potential but that isn't the overriding issue for us. It appears that the Bills are going to make a move up for a premium qb prospect. If that is the plan then the thinking is for a short term holding plan strategy for the veteran qb. If the Bills do get McCarron you are not going to hear any complaints from me. I think he can do a solid job. But ask yourself from McCarron's perspective who has patiently waited behind Dalton and challenged the Bengals for his free agent status is that the best situation for him? If McCarron was willing to accept a one year or two contract in order to upgrade his status I would be all for it. My belief is that McCarron has options in the market. Although I'm not sure that Buffalo is the best option for him it would be a reasonable option for us. 

Buffalo has a starting QB job, it is his job if they sign him. Someone like Moore would end up being signed to back him up. This is a solid choice though I would go for Foles and drafting a QB with second or third pick to compete with Peterson for backup. 

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure it does if you do not let one game define a career. 

A carreer? :blink:

Foles is that long suffering journeyman who finally made good... He's 22-17 as starter, 61 touchdowns to 29 INT's, one pro-bowl appearance, and one SB ring that as much as you want it to, cannot be swept aside.

He was a late 3rd rounder in 2012.. Taken long after guys like RG3, Tanneyhill, Weeden, Osweiller, -even Wilson.. He endured a rough start, got bounced around the league, Suffered disappointments, but still took one last shot before walking away.

He'd be a great example to any team of what's possible if you keep putting in the work.  OR, you can mortgage the next 3+ years of your future for a #1 pick who hasn't done diddly squat.

43 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Let another team make a mistake of doing that we already did once with Rob Johnson 

:blink: What mistake? -Not starting Flutie?

Edited by #34fan

If the Bills are seriously considering trading a high draft pick for Nick Foles, I am hoping they are asking themselves a few simple questions:

1.  What happened to Foles and his play during the 2014-2016 seasons? 

2.  Why was nobody in our organization interested in Foles when he was available during Free Agency exactly one year ago?

3.  How much did their opinion of Foles change between January 20, 2018 and February 4, 2018? 

The cold hard facts.  Most of the media saw Foles as a backup-level QB, and felt the Eagles were going to get easily knocked out by the Vikings in the Divisional Playoffs.  Three weeks and two games later, he was suddenly a tremendous asset and best reserve in the league.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

Coming in sixth in the AFC isn’t satisfying to me. I don’t call that winning.

Riding Peterman to a worse finish, knowing for sure he sucks and having a top ten pick ( and all the higher picks in the following rounds) along with KC’s pick would make me a happier person today.

It’s called “ Short term sacrifice for long term gain” or foresight

What do you call it then? You have a Ricky Bobby mentality...you either go 0-16 first pick or 16-0 and win the SB. Boy there are steps in between in life.

So unless you tank and lose you are showing no foresight! Got it

3 minutes ago, #34fan said:

A carreer? :blink:

Foles is that long suffering journeyman who finally made good... He's 22-17 as starter, 61 touchdowns to 29 INT's, one pro-bowl appearance, and one SB ring that as much as you want it to, cannot be swept aside.

He was a late 3rd rounder in 2012.. Taken long after guys like RG3, Tanneyhill, Weeden, Osweiller, -even Wilson.. He endured a rough start, got bounced around the league, Suffered disappointments, but still took one last shot before walking away.

He'd be a great example to any team of what's possible if you keep putting in the work.  OR, you can mortgage the next 3+ years of your future for a #1 pick who hasn't done diddly squat.

:blink: What mistake? -Not starting Flutie?

....great...let's regurgitate pre-Y2K lore ...this should be fun.....YAWN..........

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m glad that I don’t have that loser mentality. It’s worked great for he Sabres. I would love to win a Super Bowl but am not mad at a guy that was 23-21 as a Bills QB. Find me the last Bills to do that? 

So you want Foles? I want Rosen (and have since prior to the 2017 draft). It’s documented. We will see who is better from this point forward. 

Is a second better than a third?

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The issue isn't really if the fans want Foles, Rosen or whomever. It's the draft, FA and trades. All have a price to pay , opportunity cost possibilities etc. it really comes down to what does the Bills FO value most, who do they believe in or not, and what is the path they choose to get the franchise to the promised land? I think there are a few different ways they could go, but no idea what way they will ultimately decide is right. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Yes, he hasn’t gotten that yet either.

I thought that you wanted Cutler? 

I think Cutty may have limited value to this team, the difference between him and a Bradford may be worth the dropoff if we have a QB we expect to be ready by week 4 at the latest.

I don't want Foles for a 2nd on this team.  I think that's too much for us.  For whatever team loses out on Cousins, namely Denver, it may be worth it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

The issue isn't really if the fans want Foles, Rosen or whomever. It's the draft, FA and trades. All have a price to pay , opportunity cost possibilities etc. it really comes down to what does the Bills FO value most, who do they believe in or not, and what is the path they choose to get the franchise to the promised land? I think there are a few different ways they could go, but no idea what way they will ultimately decide is right. 

I don’t disagree but everything that they have done is based on not settling for acceptable QB play. It has been beaten to death in here. I don’t think that they turn around and go to Kennum, Bradford, Foles, etc... that potentially offers you average play. I (firmly) believe that they are trying to hit a home run with the QB. That’s why they have done the research that they have and loaded up with picks. 

2 minutes ago, jmc12290 said:

I think Cutty may have limited value to this team, the difference between him and a Bradford may be worth the dropoff if we have a QB we expect to be ready by week 4 at the latest.

I don't want Foles for a 2nd on this team.  I think that's too much for us.  For whatever team loses out on Cousins, namely Denver, it may be worth it.

Agree with all of that. I don’t want an expensive vet. I’d like it to be $7M or less.

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t disagree but everything that they have done is based on not settling for acceptable QB play. It has been beaten to death in here. I don’t think that they turn around and go to Kennum, Bradford, Foles, etc... that potentially offers you average play. I (firmly) believe that they are trying to hit a home run with the QB. That’s why they have done the research that they have and loaded up with picks. 

Agree with all of that. I don’t want an expensive vet. I’d like it to be $7M or less.

$5M for Cutty to smoke cigarettes and hangout behind Rosen for 16 weeks is perfect.

6 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

What do you call it then? You have a Ricky Bobby mentality...you either go 0-16 first pick or 16-0 and win the SB. Boy there are steps in between in life.

So unless you tank and lose you are showing no foresight! Got it

No one is guaranteed anything but educated guesses can be made ahead of time about a teams chances and our chances of getting to the SB , much less winning it last year , were slim and none. If you say otherwise you are BSing to win an argument. 

Breaking “ the drought” doesn’t do us a dumb bit of good today other than the warm fuzzy we all had for a week before we LOST in the playoffs. 

Again, I’d rather have the higher pick today. And please don’t compare hockey to football.

Just now, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...be my guest........:D

:lol: I'll call it: "Nck Foles, -The next Rob Johnson" 

41 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

I hate to break it to you, but even if the Bills win the Super Bowl, you aren't getting a ring!

:o Wait... Can't you buy a replica's on the team website? 

1 hour ago, #34fan said:

I just want a SB ring... If you're looking for a veteran stopgap QB , and last year's SB winner is available, how do you not at least research a move in that direction?

Can he get you to a SB starting the whole season? From what I've seen so far, he can't and until he starts a season and takes an team to a SB my stance will stay the same. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good fit here, but to give up valuable picks for a guy who's never proven he can other than I'd like another team to use the picks on him, just my opinions, I'm ok that others don't agree, at least were finally talking about Buffalo and the QB position.

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel