Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Sal Capaccio was asked about Foles in the last segment.  He said they wouldn’t use any draft capital that would hurt their ability to trade up.  

To trade up and also whatever is left, to build the roster around the rookie quarterback. I'm hoping Sal is right

• Like (+1) 1

Maybe we just don’t like Foles. He was a free agent last season and could have been had for nothing. He was an obvious fit with David Culley here and the McDermott-Reid connection. Maybe our opinion on him has not changed just becuase he won a Super Bowl. I like the patince we are excercising. It’s obvious to pretty much everyone that we are trading up. So just wait out the market. There should be absolutely zero sense of urgency right now.

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Or maybe a 2nd this year and next.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

LOL.

I still think pick #56 and #96 would be worth it.

But I always thought Foles is a decent QB.

I be ok with either of these.  Foles and AJ are a decent combo, the rest of the picks we stack our lines and get a stud at #12 at LB.

Could work...

Just now, Real McCoy said:

I be ok with either of these.  Foles and AJ are a decent combo, the rest of the picks we stack our lines and get a stud at #12 at LB.

Could work...

It would not surprise me if Beane doesn't have something like this "in his back pocket" depending how the draft goes.

If things don't work out realistically draft wise AND 6 weeks later Wentz's rehab is looking good.......................

Maybe a pre Day 2 Draft Trade.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Yup.  Or maybe a 2nd this year and next.

This would be the ideal situation considering current circumstances. Foles/McCarron and Nate P is pretty darn good. 

We can address our LB and WR positions with some quality talent. You can do a lot worse than a SB MVP and borderline starter as a back up.