Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Not surprising this is floating around out there. They don't need to trade Foles. If they do move him, they have their poker faces on until the last minute. Not much to glean from this. 

Plenty IMO because it makes sense.

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Anybody still think Foles is the plan at QB?  Not looking like it to me. 

I would probably keep him if I were them, at least until Wentz situation is much clearer. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Obvious move - They kind of needed to do that regardless of Foles. 

He  gives them $4M of cap relief, so they need to find $5.8 more + new 51 = 6.28

Trading Foles gives them $5.2M of cap relief so would still need at least 1 more move

I'm banking on reno Michael Bennett and Brandon Graham instead, but I could be surprised.....

Trying to trade Jason Peters perhaps?

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Obvious move - They kind of needed to do that regardless of Foles. 

He  gives them $4M of cap relief, so they need to find $5.8 more + new 51 = 6.28

Trading Foles gives them $5.2M of cap relief so would still need at least 1 more move

I'm banking on reno Michael Bennett and Brandon Graham instead, but I could be surprised.....

Trying to trade Jason Peters perhaps?

Did you count the Lane Johnson restructure?

Torrey Smith trade will also saves them around 5 million.

I am on the fence with giving up picks for what could be a 1 year rental.  You do not want to give him an extension right of the bat without seeing what he is going to give you.  But if he does play lights out, then his price will go up and other teams will be after him.

1 minute ago, GG said:

Eagles' choice is to get some value for Foles now or risk losing him for nothing next season.

They could easily be more focused on having him around with Wentz uncertain to begin the season as they try to win another Super Bowl.