Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

8 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He was able to play well for a short stretch in the right system while supported by a great coaching staff and excellent personnel.  Can he do that anywhere on a consistent basis?  

Do the Bills have the right system??  Good coaching???  Run the ball well, and if they can add a couple of pieces to stop the run.  With that I think a NF can win with the Bills.  TTs sub 200 yard passing games got the Bills in the playoffs and lost by a score.  

NF an Arron Rogers, no, but is anyone convinced that anyone in this draft is?

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think if we get Foles, say for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, the plan would be stay put and take a QB at 21/22 (Jackson or Rudolph maybe). In that scenario we'd get Foles and a developmental 1st round rookie QB, and we'd still have one pick in each of the first 4 rounds. The more I think about it the more I like it.

That is solid!  We probably can't get up high enough to take our first graded QB and challenging to grab the 2nd  So, ya, that is a good plan "B" or "2A".

JMO

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

A qb such as Bradford would serve his purposes and ours. He may be able to salvage his career and the Bills should be able to get him in a short term deal. I'm also wouldn't mind getting Moore from Miami. He not only can start for the short term but also be a very good mentor and backup. 

I am admittedly partial but imo McCarron has more potential than the two you mention.

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't see Foles as the long term answer the Bills have been looking for since 1996.  It's as simple as that. 

I'd rather sign a UFA QB and keep my 2nd and 3rd. 

Who is going to be a FA that is better than Foles?

Maybe Bradford or Keenum or at least equal?

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There are no UFAs who just won a Super Bowl and just turned 29. I'm actually very surprised by how many fans hate the idea of trading for Foles. Maybe he's a system QB but he's amazing in that system. It's a simple fix. We could still draft someone as a fall back option. If it came down to it I'd trade a 1st rounder for Foles, draft another QB in the 1st or 2nd, and feel really good about my QB situation moving forward.

Works for me.  Make sure we trade Philly our #22 as we don't want them taking a QB in front of us at #21.

2 minutes ago, Manther said:

Who is going to be a FA that is better than Foles?

Maybe Bradford or Keenum or at least equal?

Again, I wouldn't be looking in UFA for a long term solution. 

5 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

Do the Bills have the right system??  Good coaching???  Run the ball well, and if they can add a couple of pieces to stop the run.  With that I think a NF can win with the Bills.  TTs sub 200 yard passing games got the Bills in the playoffs and lost by a score.  

NF an Arron Rogers, no, but is anyone convinced that anyone in this draft is?

Not betting on a 29 year old journeyman who had to be talked out of quitting football.  I'll take my chances in the draft for a consistent long term starter. 

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Again, I wouldn't be looking in UFA for a long term solution. 

Not betting on a 29 year old journeyman who had to be talked out of quitting football.  I'll take my chances in the draft for a consistent long term starter. 

Agreed.  Foles would not be my 1st or 2nd option.  But, I think he is my 3rd or at least 4th.

20 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There are no UFAs who just won a Super Bowl and just turned 29. I'm actually very surprised by how many fans hate the idea of trading for Foles. Maybe he's a system QB but he's amazing in that system. It's a simple fix. We could still draft someone as a fall back option. If it came down to it I'd trade a 1st rounder for Foles, draft another QB in the 1st or 2nd, and feel really good about my QB situation moving forward.

A first for Foles is unacceptable.  It’s what Philly wants, but there are zero takers. They will trade him for a second before the draft.  I’m fact, I think he can be had for the pick we got yesterday, plus a late rounder.

Edited by mannc

45 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

This is the guy youy want to give up draft picks for.  His career as an up and down performer says he's not worth it. 

69gpkw.jpg

Better than giving up the 2-1sts, a 2nd, and maybe a 1st next year for a guy with zero stats in the NFL, who prevents the Bills from adding good young players at other positions.  Never mind if they choose the wrong guy.  If they can get Foles for a 2nd and 3rd, they haven't screwed the future.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Better than giving up the 2-1sts, a 2nd, and maybe a 1st next year for a guy with zero stats in the NFL, who prevents the Bills from adding good young players at other positions.  Never mind if they choose the wrong guy.  If they can get Foles for a 2nd and 3rd, they haven't screwed the future.

There are other years to build a team beyond 2018. Time doesn't stop.  Just be prepared to be disappointed if and when Beane trades up for a QB. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes it will. What do you think you are giving up to get Foles???

The Ammo need to go get a top rookie. 

Just say no to journeymen 

Probably whatever the Browns gave up for TT. 

1 minute ago, Doc said:

I think it is more important to get the right QB rather than worry about what you give up to get him.  But, I think Foles is better than the 3rd QB in the draft.  And, we may not be able to get the top 2.

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have no interest in Foles. Go get a top rookie

So let me get this straight you would rather have an unproven Rookie  which none of these guys would be first-round picks in last year‘s draft class or the year before but you want to give up draft picks and not take the Super Bowl MVP,  really .

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

There are other years to build a team beyond 2018. Time doesn't stop.  Just be prepared to be disappointed if and when Beane trades up for a QB. 

I won't be disappointed.  It will still be exciting.  And I seriously hope I won't be disappointed with how that QB plays. 

1 minute ago, bills in oregon said:

So let me get this straight you would rather have an unproven Rookie  which none of these guys would be first-round picks in last year‘s draft class or the year before but you want to give up draft picks and not take the Super Bowl MVP,  really .

I’m not trying to sound like a jerk but if you don’t think that these guys would have been 1st rounders in the last 2 drafts I am not sure that you’ve been following the situation closely. Josh Rosen was a surefire 1st round pick in 8th grade!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

A first for Foles is unacceptable.  It’s what Philly wants, but there are zero takers. They will trade him for a second before the draft.  I’m fact, I think he can be had for the pick we got yesterday, plus a late rounder.

Philly is over the cap and needs to get under it within a matter of days.  With the number of quality players they have doing something with Foles may not be something they can put off for weeks.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm fine with a 2nd rounder for Foles.  Free agents like McCarron won't come here since it's pretty obvious Bills are going after a 1st round QB.  Not gonna be able to get a free agent as good as Foles on 1 year deal.  I can't believe McBeane would've traded Tyrod without a Foles deal in place or a deal in place to get up to the top 2 or 3 to get Rosen, Darnold, or Mayfield.