Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

4 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Weak comeback which shows there aren’t any better options at least on paper with NFL resumes. It’s fun to throw darts at a board and hopefully hit the bullseye ? by using all of your draft picks for one dart. At best the odds are 25%. There are no Andrew Luck’s or even Eli Manning’s in this year’s draft. Beane knows how to develop a roster through the draft. Thank God ??They didn’t hire you as GM!!

Not weak at all.  Who doesn't know that there aren't many good options for QBs who are already in the NFL and that's exactly why the Bills are looking to the draft by amasssing picks to make a move.   Thank God I'm not GM because I don't want to throw picks at a journeyman veteran as you do.  Good one. :lol:

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

Up and down worked out ok for KW why hot NF?   

QB play is also dependent on the team.  NF has shown more than once with the right surroundings he can get it done.  

Each QB is judged on their own merits. KW is a HOF QB.  Making a comparison of him to Foles doesn't add up. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

2 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

NF has 1 ring.  And with the Bills it could be 3 more!!!  lol

He was able to play well for a short stretch in the right system while supported by a great coaching staff and excellent personnel.  Can he do that anywhere on a consistent basis?  

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Not weak at all.  Who doesn't know that there aren't many good options for QBs who are already in the NFL and that's exactly why the Bills are looking to the draft by amasssing picks to make a move.   Thank God I'm not GM because I don't want to throw picks at a journeyman veteran as you do.  Good one. :lol:

Totally appreciate all of the energy and information you bring to the board ,much respect ✊!! We will have to agree to disagree on this QB debate. I do trust our current brain trust to make the right decision. I’m not a fan of our current President (DJT) and for several months after he was elected I would try and point out all of his flaws to his supporters. I realized it wasn’t productive and was a true wast of time. Believe what you want time will tell and at the end of the day we all want best for the Buffalo Bills

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

How are you going to get both with a need to trade for Foles that requires giving them draft picks?

I think if we get Foles, say for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, the plan would be stay put and take a QB at 21/22 (Jackson or Rudolph maybe). In that scenario we'd get Foles and a developmental 1st round rookie QB, and we'd still have one pick in each of the first 4 rounds. The more I think about it the more I like it.

Edited by HappyDays

3 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Totally appreciate all of the energy and information you bring to the board ,much respect ✊!! We will have to agree to disagree on this QB debate. I do trust our current brain trust to make the right decision. I’m not a fan of our current President (DJT) and for several months after he was elected I would try and point out all of his flaws to his supporters. I realized it wasn’t productive and was a true wast of time. Believe what you want time will tell and at the end of the day we all want best for the Buffalo Bills

I don't see Foles as the long term answer the Bills have been looking for since 1996.  It's as simple as that. 

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I think if we get Foles, say for a 2nd and 3rd rounder, the plan would be stay put and take a QB at 21/22 (Jackson or Rudolph maybe). In that scenario we'd get Foles and a developmental 1st round rookie QB, and we'd still have one pick in each of the first 4 rounds. The more I think about it the more I like it.

I'd rather sign a UFA QB and keep my 2nd and 3rd. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

4 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I'd rather sign a UFA QB and keep my 2nd and 3rd. 

There are no UFAs who just won a Super Bowl and just turned 29. I'm actually very surprised by how many fans hate the idea of trading for Foles. Maybe he's a system QB but he's amazing in that system. It's a simple fix. We could still draft someone as a fall back option. If it came down to it I'd trade a 1st rounder for Foles, draft another QB in the 1st or 2nd, and feel really good about my QB situation moving forward.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

:beer:

Agreed. If they don't, after a year's buildup with savvy moves to gather capital, it will be seen (by me) as nothing short of an epic blunder. 

The Bills have a chance to set the franchise up for the next decade if they hit on their guy. Do what it takes, McBeane. 

Agreed.  Stick with the plan.  We have come this far and we just need to execute now!

Just now, HappyDays said:

There are no UFAs who just won a Super Bowl and just turned 29. I'm actually very surprised by how many fans hate the idea of trading for Foles. Maybe he's a system QB but he's amazing in that system. It's a simple fix. We could still draft someone ad a fall back option. If it came down to it I'd trade a 1st rounder for Foles, draft another QB in the 1st or second, and feel really good about my QB situation moving forward.

I have watched Foles play for several seasons and he's just not consistent enough for me.  

25 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I think that’s a lot of the games teams are playing this time of year. I think there will definitely be 3 QBs gone by pick number 6 and 4 by pick 10. The dominos will start to fall as soon as he 1st guy comes off the board.

At this point conventional "wisdom" says that Denver and NYJ should each grab a QB when their turn comes up if not jump up a couple of spots if they think somebody will scoop their guy.  The trouble is none us here has access to each team's info to know just how much they covet each prospect.  It still could come down to Denver, NYJ, and somebody like the Giants deciding one of the QB's is just too good to pass up regardless of having Eli which will put pressure on the demand side of supply and demand pushing the price up considerably.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Each QB is judged on their own merits. KW is a HOF QB.  Making a comparison of him to Foles doesn't add up. 

Not totally true.  When Warner was with the New York Football Giants he was not a HOF.  He solidified his place in the HOF after he left the NYG.

17 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Do you think Darnold could start right away or would he need time to develop? What about Rosen/Mayfield?

I think Rosen and Mayfield could start right away.  I think it would be better for both to start in week 3-5.  But, they totally could start week one.

I think Darnold needs to sit for a while and learn.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Manther said:

Not totally true.  When Warner was with the New York Football Giants he was not a HOF.  He solidified his place in the HOF after he left the NYG.

Who said he was?  It doesn't refute the point I made about Foles being judged on his own merits. 

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There are no UFAs who just won a Super Bowl and just turned 29. I'm actually very surprised by how many fans hate the idea of trading for Foles. Maybe he's a system QB but he's amazing in that system. It's a simple fix. We could still draft someone as a fall back option. If it came down to it I'd trade a 1st rounder for Foles, draft another QB in the 1st or 2nd, and feel really good about my QB situation moving forward.

Further, I think that the whole idea if Foles did come it would because Daboll thinks he can modify an offense to suit Foles' strengths.

• Like (+1) 2