Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Depends on the package and timing of the Foles Trade. 

I am not giving up a 1st or 2nd for Foles. 

Huh, agree.  I think if we grade the QBs and like two and can't get them...then Foles is a nice option and we can give up more for him.  Two picks (between this year and next) and no first rounders would be solid.  Then we can work the draft this year too!

I think my favourite options are...

1. Mayfield

2. Rosen

3. Foles

2 minutes ago, Manther said:

Huh, agree.  I think if we grade the QBs and like two and can't get them...then Foles is a nice option and we can give up more for him.  Two picks (between this year and next) and no first rounders would be solid.  Then we can work the draft this year too!

I think my favourite options are...

1. Mayfield

2. Rosen

3. Foles

I wouldnt even talk a Foles Trade until after the draft and Only if I miss on my top prospects

2 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I question how he'll be perceived in an NFL room with the cocky attitude and I do have some concerns on how consistent he can be as a pocket QB with his size and limited athleticism at the NFL level.  I'd give him a shot, but he's no 100% sure thing. 

All the reports are he's like Garappolo, someone people just gravitate towards.  He apparently has the knack for saying the right thing at the right time to defuse a situation (the Ohio State players on the Senior Bowl bus report).  I think he'll be fine.

I'm more concerned by the vetted reports that he reads everything that is written about him, carries it around, and uses it as fuel.  That can be motivational, but if he struggles and the negativity from fans and press stacks up , it can also be a heavy weight for a guy to bear, and potentially a bad look if he "claps back".

7 minutes ago, Manther said:

Totally too many moving parts.  The most important piece to me is to have a great evaluation on the QBs in the draft and available in the league already.  That is the key to making the best play.

Yes but there is way too much to play out.....

Do they want Kirk, or Nick.  Maybe another FA

What QBs in the draft are worth giving up several picks for?  I dont know, I think they do. I hope.  

Paying several picks to get the 3rd or 4th best QB in this draft may not make the team any better.  

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I wouldnt even talk a Foles Trade until after the draft and Only if I miss on my top prospects

I think the Foles ship, if it's going to sail, will have sailed for a new port by draft time.  The major benefits driving the Eagles to trading him now (if that's their choice) are cap space and draft picks, two things they sorely lack and might be willing to part with their "QB insurance policy" to solve.  Once the cap is solved and the draft over with, why not hang onto him until you see for sure Wentz is back?

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Yeah, 27 TDs and 2 INTs!!

That is a lot of success in two different offenses multiple years apart.  I am not saying we need Foles.  But, he is not just a journeyman QB to me.  He is still young and has upside too.  But, don't get me wrong, he is not my first pick.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think the Foles ship, if it's going to sail, will have sailed for a new port by draft time.  The major benefits driving the Eagles to trading him now (if that's their choice) are cap space and draft picks, two things they sorely lack and might be willing to part with their "QB insurance policy" to solve.  Once the cap is solved and the draft over with, why not hang onto him until you see for sure Wentz is back?

If I was them that is what I am doing as well. I am not moving my BU until Wentz is back on the field. 

2 minutes ago, Manther said:

That is a lot of success in two different offenses multiple years apart.  I am not saying we need Foles.  But, he is not just a journeyman QB to me.  He is still young and has upside too.  But, don't get me wrong, he is not my first pick.

He's the very definition of a journeyman at 29 years old who has been on three teams in an up and down career.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Just now, MAJBobby said:

If I was them that is what I am doing as well. I am not moving my BU until Wentz is back on the field. 

That is certainly the way I see it.  Bradford should be a "cautionary tale" to the danger of bringing a guy back too quickly. 

And if they move Foles, Wentz isn't ready, and Sudfeld struggles, they'll look like fools.

1 minute ago, Manther said:

Actually its not. Foles was TT this season until playoffs when Eagles essentially reused Chips offense that made him successful in 2013. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

If I was the Eagles, Foles would be the LAST piece I move for cap space.  They have a small window with this roster and wouldn't move on from Foles unless they had too OR the offer was too good!

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

He's the very definition of a journeyman at 29 years old who has been on three teams in an up and down career.

He has had more success than not on his journey.

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have no interest in Foles. Go get a top rookie

Agreed...It would be one thing if the Bills could land Foles on the cheap as a bridge guy...But his market value could not possibly be higher at this point...

It's a hard pass for me...B-)

Just now, Manther said:

If I was the Eagles, Foles would be the LAST piece I move for cap space.  They have a small window with this roster and wouldn't move on from Foles unless they had too OR the offer was too good!

He has had more success than not on his journey.

Not exactly. He's had one excellent season and one hot playoff stretch.  

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Does he play like a Super Bowl MVP on a consistent basis?  Nope!

Who does that’s available?? silly statement!! He’s the best possible player to make the Bills better at that position. There is no QB in the draft that you can say is going to be better than him. A couple of them may be but right now they don’t have a NFL resume. Nick Foles is not a top 5 QB but should be in the discussion of  the lower end of top 10 (8th, 9th, or 10th). The Bills can trade for him using one of our firsts and maybe a lower pick or a 2019 4th we received from the Chiefs for Reggie Ragland. That way we will have a solid QB with money next year to resign him if he plays well. You would still have pick 21, 53, 56, 65, and 95 to help to solidify our defense and  add a OL or WR. And although I liked TT, Foles would be a solid upgrade to a important position to a team that made the playoffs last year.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, artmalibu said:

Nicks value is best before/ during the draft. Eagles will want players this year,  and QB needy teams will want to have a plan before waiting for  the draft to play out.  

Agreed.  He will be traded before the draft or not at all.  Unless they can't get under the cap any other way.