Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have no interest in Foles. Go get a top rookie

Errr.  We do draft at #21, yes?

I have no interest in "a top rookie".  If there is one, maybe two, QB the Bills think has a clear shot at being Franchise Man, sure, give it your best shot to trade up and get him!

But other teams have interest - it isn't just push a button and the trade ticket slides into the winnings tray.

1 hour ago, nucci said:

Before the Superbowl he was an average QB and there wasn't much confidence in Foles by Eagles people when playoffs started. Having said that, he played very well in the playoffs

Putting him in a RPO offense, rather than a standard pro set, seemed to do wonders for Foles.   I wonder how many guys are misused throughout their careers by trying to pound square pegs into round holes...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Manther said:

Totally agree.  They all have questions.  The only one that totally scares me and I don't want is Darnold though.  He just scares me.

Darnold does scare me a bit because if the Turnovers his funky release 

Just now, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I'm ok with Foles as long as we hedge out bet with a top tier rookie to go along with him. No reason to not go hard for both. If Foles ends up being great for us awesome, if not we have the Rookie learning behind him to switch too. 

How are you going to get both with a need to trade for Foles that requires giving them draft picks?

Still too many moving parts....

We need to see where the the FA QBs land.  If the QB needy teams get their guy as a FA moving up is much more possible.  

If not the cost to move up could be ridicules and the guy might be gone.  Possibly  2  QBs off the board in 2 picks,  and 4  in 6 picks.  

Is the 3rd QB taken this draft worth a kings ransom?    

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Darnold does scare me a bit because if the Turnovers his funky release 

I can't get over the turnovers.  I feel like his upside and ability to score doesn't offset  his turnovers.  I don't want a QB that is scared to make plays and fine with them learning and tossing picks along the way.  But, I think Darnold won't learn, doesn't have the upside on TD's vs INTs.  JMO.  If we pick him, I will cheer for him.  But, I hope we don't pick Darnold.

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Putting him in a RPO offense, rather than a standard pro set, seemed to do wonders for Foles.   I wonder how many guys are misused throughout their careers by trying to pound square pegs into round holes...

Been saying this since the SB and they mentioned this.  Most people are talking as if Foles' incredible play in the playoffs was a fluke.  There was a reason. 

1 minute ago, artmalibu said:

Still too many moving parts....

We need to see where the the FA QBs land.  If the QB needy teams get their guy as a FA moving up is much more possible.  

If not the cost to move up could be ridicules and the guy might be gone.  Possibly  2  QBs off the board in 2 picks,  and 4  in 6 picks.  

Is the 3rd QB taken this draft worth a kings ransom?    

Totally too many moving parts.  The most important piece to me is to have a great evaluation on the QBs in the draft and available in the league already.  That is the key to making the best play.

1 minute ago, Manther said:

I can't get over the turnovers.  I feel like his upside and ability to score doesn't offset  his turnovers.  I don't want a QB that is scared to make plays and fine with them learning and tossing picks along the way.  But, I think Darnold won't learn, doesn't have the upside on TD's vs INTs.  JMO.  If we pick him, I will cheer for him.  But, I hope we don't pick Darnold.

I would rather not want Darnold either. But in terms of how I grade he is No 2. And worth a trade up. Now that is not saying that is what I want the Bills to do. 

Really only want them to trade up into top 5 for Rosen

Just now, buffalobloodfloridahome said:

I'm ok with Foles as long as we hedge out bet with a top tier rookie to go along with him. No reason to not go hard for both. If Foles ends up being great for us awesome, if not we have the Rookie learning behind him to switch too. 

I agree.   The Green Bay model--with a veteran Farve (clearly better than any option the Bills have, admittedly) allowing at young-but-talented Rogers to learn rather than be thown into the fire--is the best way to handle the QB position...

And I can't get behind trading away most of the Bills' top picks to trade up to the top-5 to take Rosen or Mayfield, when neither has proven a single thing.  Darnold will be another USC bust.  Outside of them, I don't see a guy worth taking, much less trading the farm for.

I would do a 2nd and a 4th for Foles in a heartbeat, BPA for a QB in a spot where it makes sense, use the other three top picks to plug our numerous holes.

Solid vet QB + rookie, plus Center, LB, and Tackle would be lovely.

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I would rather not want Darnold either. But in terms of how I grade he is No 2. And worth a trade up. Now that is not saying that is what I want the Bills to do. 

Really only want them to trade up into top 5 for Rosen

I would be fine and excited with a trade up to the top 5 for Rosen or Mayfield.

EDIT: I am fine with trading for Foles too.  I don't think he is a retread.

Edited by Manther

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Errr.  We do draft at #21, yes?

I have no interest in "a top rookie".  If there is one, maybe two, QB the Bills think has a clear shot at being Franchise Man, sure, give it your best shot to trade up and get him!

But other teams have interest - it isn't just push a button and the trade ticket slides into the winnings tray.

Except these conversations have been had. The Bills know the price to get up to get their guy. The Bills have loaded up their war chest to do just that. It would be SHOCKING if the Bills did anything else at this point to address QB.

They aren't going to overpay for Foles’ hot streak. It isn’t like Jimmy G where he played great as soon as the chance presented itself. Foles has a pretty long resume and it is wildly inconsistent. The playoffs last year and the one year with Kelly were great. He’s been pretty much bad the rest of the time. I have no interest in spending on that resume. Give me Rosen or Baker or Darnold and roll. Try to get top end QB play not good enough QB play. It’s the exact reason that you pass on Cousins too.

21,22, 56 and next year’s 2 to go into the top 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Manther said:

I would be fine and excited with a trade up to the top 5 for Rosen or Mayfield.

EDIT: I am fine with trading for Foles too.  I don't think he is a retread.

Depends on the package and timing of the Foles Trade. 

I am not giving up a 1st or 2nd for Foles. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Except these conversations have been had. The Bills know the price to get up to get their guy. The Bills have loaded up their war chest to do just that. It would be SHOCKING if the Bills did anything else at this point to address QB.

They aren't going to overpay for Foles’ hot streak. It isn’t like Jimmy G where he played great as soon as the chance presented itself. Foles has a pretty long resume and it is wildly inconsistent. The playoffs last year and the one year with Kelly were great. He’s been pretty much bad the rest of the time. I have no interest in spending on that resume. Give me Rosen or Baker or Darnold and roll. Try to get top end QB play not good enough QB play. It’s the exact reason that you pass on Cousins too.

21,22, 56 and next year’s 2 to go into the top 5. 

I thought Foles had a good season with Andy Reid in Philly AND a good season with Kelly in Philly?  Yes or no?

Just now, ******* said:

Foles has had one good year, plus the super bowl run. Is the newbills offense going to fit him? Seems like he needs a specific offense for him to succeed 

Philly's RPO was a pretty good offense.    I woundn't mind copying it...

• Like (+1) 3