Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Not what I asked, but no. That's the QB that couldn't even beat the Bengals to get to the Playoffs, remember?

What are your thought on him as a QB? I mean, he's a Super Bowl MVP right?

Your question was pretty unspecific, I was just trying to clarify. 

I'd rather have Foles and a rookie.

I don't think the Bills would have moved on from Taylor if they weren't nearly complete certain that they had a veteran replacement.  They weren't going into 2018 with Peterman and a rookie.  

The news has been that the Eagles want to move Files and there was a rumor the Bills offered a second.  My first thought when I heard about Taylor was that the Bills needed another pick to sweeten the pot for the Eagles.  

Foles has played a lot of good football in the NFL, just not consistently.  If the Bills want him, I have to think the Bills can make him a consistent quality starter.  It also means they can go slow on a rookie QB.  No trade up, just get another quality youngster ti compete with Peterman.  Files would be your guy for 2 or 3 or 8byears, depending in how Files and the youngsters pan out.  

In the meantime, the Bills will still have at least three picks in the top 65.  

I'm still hoping for Cousins.  There's been no news about him for days now, and the reports that he was down to four teams weren't all that firm.  

It's going to be an interesting week. 

Edited by Shaw66
  • Like (+1) 3

12 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Maybe you failed to read where I said he'd not prevent us from getting a rookie and I'd still get one. 

You want to sacrifice draft capital for Foles that will make it harder to get a top rookie.  Nope!

2 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Your question was pretty unspecific, I was just trying to clarify. 

I'd rather have Foles and a rookie.

I'd rather Foles be a draft day trade or no trade at all. I don't want to give up a 2nd for him, what happens if one of the big 4 comes tumbling down the board and we want to move up? 21 + 53 gets us up to 12, I think that's best case scenario for us and very realistic.

Foles could make sense.  At worst you get a similar level (not style) of play as TT, at best you get a Gannon franchise QB for the next 4-6 years.  

He has done it before and under the right circumstances could do it again.

The concerning part has been his consistency and that would be the calculation, which is basically the calculation you make with a high end rookie.  

So it's not a matter if he can but will he.

I wouldn't be opposed to gambling on Foles who has proven to be a high  ceiling QB.  It's his consistency that would be the risk.

Edited by Magox