Philly deadline to get under the cap: Nick Foles

Philly has to knock off 9 mill from its cap before 4 pm ET March 14. Can they get there without trading Foles? After losing out in the Tyrod Taylor sweepstakes (felt good saying that), looks like it might come down to the Cardinals as the Bills, main competition.

Dark Horse is the Colts who might move down from no. 3 and use part of the returns to reunite Frank Reich with the SB MVP.

bottomline: I'd offer good odds on a trade for Foles happening the afternoon of March 14.

Edited by IgotBILLStopay
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Yep. Enough with the retreads.

Super Bowl MVP = retread.

Tough crowd.

I'd be happy with Foles and don't think that getting him prevents us from moving up for a top rookie.

• Like (+1) 10
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Juice_32 said:

Tough crowd.

I'd be happy with Foles and don't think that getting him prevents us from moving up for a top rookie.

Does he play like a Super Bowl MVP on a consistent basis?  Nope!

• Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Tough crowd.

Before the Superbowl he was an average QB and there wasn't much confidence in Foles by Eagles people when playoffs started. Having said that, he played very well in the playoffs

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I have no interest in Foles. Go get a top rookie

A qb such as Bradford would serve his purposes and ours. He may be able to salvage his career and the Bills should be able to get him in a short term deal. I'm also wouldn't mind getting Moore from Miami. He not only can start for the short term but also be a very good mentor and backup. 

Saw this: "Foles is clearly a player the Eagles don’t want to give away for nothing, but keeping his $7.6 million cap hit doesn’t look like a realistic option either. The team probably has no option but to cash in its chips and trade Foles."

So yes, Eagles need to trade him. Yes, I believe we should make a move for him, but don't give up too many picks. I say a 2nd and one other pick. Keep the 1's and the 3's intact (along w/ one of the 2's). Foles can man the ship for a year (the rest of this current contract) and let the drafted rookie QB sit and learn. Bonus, he's very cheap for a starting QB. 

Edited by 707BillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Tough crowd.

Yes it will. What do you think you are giving up to get Foles???

The Ammo need to go get a top rookie. 

Just say no to journeymen 

Edited by MAJBobby

13 minutes ago, nucci said:

Before the Superbowl he was an average QB and there wasn't much confidence in Foles by Eagles people when playoffs started. Having said that, he played very well in the playoffs

He had a great year with Chip K. and looked rough with with Rams. On their playoff run and in the Super Bowl he outplayed Tom* Brady*.

Id still get a rookie if we went after him, but the guy deserves some credit.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

Philly has to knock off 9 mill from its cap before 4 pm ET March 14. Can they get there without trading Foles? After losing out in the Tyrod Taylor sweepstakes (felt good saying that), looks like it might come down to the Cardinals as the Bills, main competition.

Dark Horse is the Colts who might move down from no. 3 and use part of the returns to reunite Frank Reich with the SB MVP.

bottomline: I'd offer good odds on a trade for Foles happening the afternoon of March 14.

Easily.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Maybe an inconsistent 29 year old QB is good enough for you, but I'd like the Bills to have better. 

Maybe you failed to read where I said he'd not prevent us from getting a rookie and I'd still get one. 

• Like (+1) 2