So is our QB from Free Agency or Draft?

Where do we get our next QB  

133 members have voted

1. 1. Where do we get our next QB

9 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

Do you think they move up and draft a qb as well?

no

8 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

The only poll(e) necessary is the one I get when thinking about a trade up for a top an prospect who turns the franchise into a contender. I'll deal with the bust/whammie aspect later.  No reason for a buzzkill on a day like today:)

lazy way of thinking..

37 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

What makes you think that?

Just a gut feeling. 

I think the Browns have fallen for Allen, but realize he is a one or two year project. I think they picked up Tyrod this year to let Allen sit and learn. 

Scenario 1: Giants select Barkley, we trade up with Colts for Darnold. 

Scenario 2 : Giants select Rosen, Colts select Barkley, we trade up with Browns for Darnold. 

I don't have a crystal ball though, I am just trying to connect the dots. 

6 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

no

lazy way of thinking..

Check and mate. 

Ps- I'm sorry your beloved tyrod was traded. 

PPS-No one will make you go to the parade someday,  but of course you are welcome!!

Edited by gobills1212

2 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

no

The only way to consistently keep winning is to get a franchise qb and the best way to do that is to trade up in the draft and grab one.  The qbs hitting free agency are hitting the market for a reason.  A true franchise qb does not become available through free agency teams lock them up at all costs.  

30 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

This staff is too smart to not have a plan for both.  Have to think they have a FA or trade QB right now that's an upgrade from Taylor to trade him.

Draft your QB of the future.

This is obvious and evident but does bear mentioning as you have. Theories abound and everyone has their favorite so inivetibly there will be some form of disappointment to varying degrees but no way do these guys cut their starter (even if only in name) and not have multiple fall back plans for different senerios. I'd be shocked if this wasn't the 1st step to get to point B and move that plan along in that they don't seem like the type to move unless there is already something else in the works nearing completion. 

Have to do both, without question.  I'm all in on a trade up in the draft, but have to have a veteran in place, too.  They have to have insurance in case they can't move up, but also if they can move up and he's not ready.  The real question is how much are these bridge QB's going to cost?  Will be interesting to see who gets what after Cousins

47 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

Check and mate. 

Ps- I'm sorry your beloved tyrod was traded. 

PPS-No one will make you go to the parade someday,  but of course you are welcome!!

never liked tyrod so I don't no where your going with this.

46 minutes ago, Zebrastripes said:

The only way to consistently keep winning is to get a franchise qb and the best way to do that is to trade up in the draft and grab one.  The qbs hitting free agency are hitting the market for a reason.  A true franchise qb does not become available through free agency teams lock them up at all costs.  

Kirk Cousins?

Sam Bradford?

Case?

Bridgewater?

no?

lol

43 minutes ago, gobills1212 said:

This is obvious and evident but does bear mentioning as you have. Theories abound and everyone has their favorite so inivetibly there will be some form of disappointment to varying degrees but no way do these guys cut their starter (even if only in name) and not have multiple fall back plans for different senerios. I'd be shocked if this wasn't the 1st step to get to point B and move that plan along in that they don't seem like the type to move unless there is already something else in the works nearing completion. 

agreed

Bills could give up a first, a second, a third, and next year’s first and still have their picks in the first three rounds this year. 

Nows the time. 

But it better be for Rosen or Mayfield. The others are not worth trading up for.

no QB with the name “Darnold” is ever going to be successful! ?

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, billspro said:

Well the answer is both. 

Bridge QB in FA and franchise QB in the draft. 

I have a feeling it is going to be Darnold. 

God I hope NOT 

5 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

to many picks for an unknown

Who cares?  The only position that matters is QB.  You can find ANY position and fill that need EXCEPT for an exceptional QB.  If someone told me the Bills could trade their entire next TWO YEARS of draft picks for a future Hall of Fame quarterback in a draft, I'd take it in a heartbeat.  The Bills made last year's trade with KC so they can move up for a quarterback.  So, that asset at #22 is really for a quarterback.  In my mind if they trade #21, #22, a second and maybe even the Browns 3rd, the ONLY pick in my mind that we needed to add to acquire a QB was the #21 pick.  The other picks were all used to move up for a Quarterback.

Next they need a bridge QB in free agency.  Keenum , Josh McCown , Matt Moore, other

FLORHAM PARK -- Josh McCown gave it thought. He was humbled, honored. After two years playing in Cleveland for Hue Jackson, the Browns head coach offered him a spot on his staff this offseason.

Pep Hamilton, who had coached the quarterbacks, was gone. Jackson wanted McCown to take his place.

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2017/10/josh_mccown_enjoying_ride_with_jets.html

Would make a good mentor for a drafted QB and Peterman. 

All these draft picks to rebuild around Cousins , unlikely but would be nice also. Big signing bonus then more cap space in 2019 

They will sign a FA QB who doesn't require any draft pick and they will draft a decent QB in the second round.   With all the shiny toys available in the draft and with the number of veteran FA's, there will be good quality available cheaply.  We have to rebuild the lines and linebackers- there are holes now and some players will age out in the next 2-3 years. We need to get a firm base before playing shoot-the-moon for Jim Kelly the Second.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

I think it's Baker Mayfield. All signs point to him IMO.

Unless anyone is inside OBD with Beane and the scouting staff, neither you nor anyone else knows how they are stacking their board. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Thank you (+1) 1