RUMOR: EJ Gaines to the Bucs when FA opens

CNY315

1 minute ago, Bag of Milk said:

I hear you. heck, we all have perceptions that are wrong- it just gets frustrating when you tell people the reality and they can't let go.

Either way, I'm usually not on here much, but with all of our picks and with a management and coaching inplace that knows what they are doing, the next few months should be much fun!

I have to tell you I haven't been this excited in years! After following this team since 1963 I'm ready for some competence, change, a real QB.  I guess I bought into the process. McBeane seems like they have a clue. I haven't been this excited for the draft in many, many years.

3 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

Jeeze, I've been called a dick on a number of occasions for my attitude, and even I think you're being a bit too much of a dick.  Take the troll train elsewhere.

Bag of Milk was just jacked up on this trade and discussion. Everybody's good. Let's just enjoy the day it's been a hell of a good one.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

Bag of Milk was just jacked up on this trade and discussion. Everybody's good. Let's just enjoy the day it's been a hell of a good one.

I'm a little agitated from a long day of dealing with useless internet tech support.  Long week of it really.  Just had to power cycle my modem for the second time today on a brand new modem.

That said, no actual signs of tampering yet, nothing to see here lol.

17 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I'm a little agitated from a long day of dealing with useless internet tech support.  Long week of it really.  Just had to power cycle my modem for the second time today on a brand new modem.

That said, no actual signs of tampering yet, nothing to see here lol.

IT troubles are enough to give a woodpecker a headache! I hear you. Ha, I saw what you did with that tampering line!

1 minute ago, Green Lightning said:

IT troubles are enough to give a woodpecker a headache! I hear you. Ha, I saw what you did with that tampering line!

I assure you, any wit exhibited in the previous post was purely accidental.  I am very tired.

10 minutes ago, 1ManRaid said:

I assure you, any wit exhibited in the previous post was purely accidental.  I am very tired.

Well you can sleep well with the thought that we have saved 6 million in cash, 10 million in cap, picked up another third round pick and we're going to move up for a QB. That should make for a restful night!

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

Because they league has not opened the legal tampering period yet,  it would technically be tampering at this point if they have a deal worked out already. Doesn't matter if "it has been done for years"

The thing is information in the public sphere is simply hearsay, and if the hearsay is borne out, there is no proof that tampering occurred before the "legally" sanctioned period.

A team would have to be over the top sloppy to get slapped by the league.  Teams/agents know how to walk the line and handle business without putting the league in a position to have to do something.  Teams want to keep their picks and agents want to keep money in their clients pockets.

It's no big deal.

• Like (+1) 1

$8-$9m a year sounds about right.   Even though we only got one year out of him, he was a key contributor and without him we most likely wouldn't have made the playoffs.  Hopefully Vontae can step in and be as effective Gaines was for us.

23 hours ago, JoeF said:

Nice Comp pick if this annual contract value is true....

So we get a 2nd for the trade, and maybe a 3rd round comp pick?  Another nice job by Beane.  If Beane keeps this up, he needs to learn this walk....

There are all kinds of free agent deals that are already done.

One of them is LB Christian Jones of the Bears signing with Buffalo.

But who really knows who, what, where. It's just that agents already have deals in place with some of their clients.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, njbuff said:

There are all kinds of free agent deals that are already done.

One of them is LB Christian Jones of the Bears signing with Buffalo.

But who really knows who, what, where. It's just that agents already have deals in place with some of their clients.

Christian Jones got torn apart when he had to start for Danny Trevathan.  Hope it is a back up role he is signing for.

22 hours ago, Bag of Milk said:

You are just slow.

I am in my 50's and my college roommate IS a current NFL agent (who has represented many ex Bills players)

He, as all other agents have been working the phones for quite awhile setting up parameters for deals

. Some...wink..wink are agreed to in principle already.

Quality of posters is low because people don't  want to bother spoon feeding mouth breathers like you. Go Bills!

Created an account to tell you that you suck. 

22 hours ago, NoSaint said:

Some of y’all are dramatic 

that said, I’d keep him at 8m

DeShawn Shead has some deal with Seattle where they have to allow him to be a UFA so he's reportedly going to be released and Seattle hopes to get him back................Bills were after him last offseason.

24 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

May impact Gaines to TB.

It's possible, but that really just gives Tampa 1 good corner. They still need one more on the outside and even with all the re-signings they've made, they have the space to pretty easily afford Gaines if they want him.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:19 PM, Virgil said:

If it’s less than 9 mil, I’ll be annoyed we let him go. We were a much better defense with him on the field. 

Spotrac has him 9.3.

With his injury history it's got to be closer to 8.