RUMOR: EJ Gaines to the Bucs when FA opens

CNY315

33 minutes ago, nucci said:

Tampering doesn't exist anymore...well it exists but it's allowed now. No longer an issue

Tampering is allowed during the legal period.  They are not supposed to be talking contracts at this point.  

It it will be interesting to see what the league does.  The idea was the legal period opens and you can start talking numbers.

3 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

Apparently there is nothing going on your head..carry on.

Seriously? I point out a FACT and this kind of response is acceptable around here? No wonder the quality poster keep leaving here...

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

Tampering is allowed during the legal period.  They are not supposed to be talking contracts at this point.  

It it will be interesting to see what the league does.  The idea was the legal period opens and you can start talking numbers.

I thought you could only talk interest, scheme and player/team fit, no figures or contract details in that period.

But apparently it's just accepted so we are not allowed to talk about it or mention it

Just now, apuszczalowski said:

Seriously? I point out a FACT and this kind of response is acceptable around here? No wonder the quality poster keep leaving here...

You are just slow.

I am in my 50's and my college roommate IS a current NFL agent (who has represented many ex Bills players)

He, as all other agents have been working the phones for quite awhile setting up parameters for deals

. Some...wink..wink are agreed to in principle already.

Quality of posters is low because people don't  want to bother spoon feeding mouth breathers like you. Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Bag of Milk said:

Zero. 

Agents have already begun sending out feelers and gauging interest and speaking of possible contract parameters with teams.

This is the way it has been forever, why so surprised?

He is still property of the Bills until Wednesday and the agents are not supposed to be getting offers until the legal period opens.  My guess is if he signs in TB for these parameters - TB will lose a draft pick over this.

3 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

You are just slow.

I am in my 50's and my college roommate IS a current NFL agent (who has represented many ex Bills players)

He, as all other agents have been working the phones for quite awhile setting up parameters for deals

Quality of posters is low because people don't  want to bother spoon feeding mouth breathers like you. Go Bills!

So in other words tour  16 year old 350lber sitting in your moms basement getting off being an internet troll on a message board. 50 years old hanging out online bragging about having friends working as sports agents, kinda sad if actually true.

Nothing I said is true. Whether the league does anything or not doesn't mean it isn't technically t ampering and NOTHING i said required receiving insults 

8 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

So in other words tour  16 year old 350lber sitting in your moms basement getting off being an internet troll on a message board. 50 years old hanging out online bragging about having friends working as sports agents, kinda sad if actually true.

Nothing I said is true. Whether the league does anything or not doesn't mean it isn't technically t ampering and NOTHING i said required receiving insults 

My God you are a special one aren't you?

Actually not bragging, it's a fact.

I am certainly not the only one that has posted on here that has friends to people that work in connection with the NFL. It's a big industry.

The reason most don't actually post  inside tidbits is  that they know is they have to deal with mouth breathers like you!!! It's just not worth the time. Well. thats it on this topic for me. After the  free agency period is done remind me of how many teams get fined and lose draft picks for tampering. LOL

Edited by Bag of Milk

57 minutes ago, Bag of Milk said:

You are just slow.

You are a piece of work. How did you make it into your 50s being such a smarmy ass?

You are just slow.

Can you sign my football? You sound really important.

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Some of y’all are dramatic 

that said, I’d keep him at 8m

It would be nice to keep him. They saw the writing on the wall as to how much he will be getting paid and they moved on.

Kudos to Beane for being premptive by signing Vontae Davis.

If a friend of a friend of mine overhears a coach in a private conversation say "Boy, I'd sure like to sign John Doe for $5M a year", and I happen to think Mr Doe would actually take that deal, that's not tampering on that team's part.  That's just third party hearsay speculation.  Nothing in that vague, unsourced tweet indicated any sort of tampering.

9 minutes ago, Green Lightning said:

If you knew your history you know that was Mr Peanut! ?. Still no need for you to be such a jerk to that guy. What's the harm in just being civil?

I hear you. heck, we all have perceptions that are wrong- it just gets frustrating when you tell people the reality and they can't let go.

Either way, I'm usually not on here much, but with all of our picks and with a management and coaching inplace that knows what they are doing, the next few months should be much fun!

You are just slow.

Jeeze, I've been called a dick on a number of occasions for my attitude, and even I think you're being a bit too much of a dick.  Take the troll train elsewhere.