Thank You Tyrod and Good Luck

Virgil

14 minutes ago, Blokestradamus said:

The change of scenery should be good for both parties. Tyrod has well and truly starting banging his noggin on his ceiling. I hope for his sake that the triumvirate of Hue, Haley & Zampese can talk a leaf out of the Anthony Lynn/Greg Roman book and fit to his strengths.

The Bills need fresh impetus at the position and it's a fantastic deal to get what they did for Tyrod. It seems as though they are "all in" on finding the answer, I just hope that it's the correct one.

I've really grown fond of Tyrod as a man over the past three seasons. I respect his willingness to fight for a spot when he arrived, especially knowing he could've had an easy life as a backup elsewhere. He handled all the off-field wrangling with class and gave everything he had. Like it or not, he's a part of Bills 21st century folklore. I wish him all the best.

Well said. I still believe that the Browns are going to draft a qb with one of their first round picks. Still, he is going into a situation where he is going to start and have more talent surrounding him. If Cleveland drafts Barkley or gets a top shelf back with one of their high picks, added to his running ability, then that is an offense that defenses are going to have to prepare for. On top of that his receiving corps that includes Gordon and Landry should add some potency and plenty of space for him to work from. . 

If you consider the career Tyrod has carved out so far he has done very well for himself from a financial standpoint. And my belief is that ultimately he can have a very extended career as a bridge qb and then as a backup. Not bad for a sixth round pick! 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

Tyrod’s trade is bittersweet for me. After the 3 points in our last game, and all the second half shut outs, I knew we had to move on from Tyrod for us to grow as a franchise. So this isn’t about his shortcomings. 

I just wanted to say thank you for getting us to the playoffs and ending the drought. Thank you for always being a classy guy, who restructured his deal last year, handled his benching like a champ, and was well liked by his teammates. 

I’m happy for what we got in return and I hope he finds success in Cleveland. I hope we find our franchise QB in all of this. 

Please keep the criticism of Tyrod out of this. 

TT was exactly what we needed these past few years and I thank him for being a great Buffalo Bill

Yep.  I wish to extend my thanks and hope he takes Cleveland far next year.  Just as long as it does not interfere with the Bills ascension.  

This was great for the Bills and I think it'll be great for Tyrod.

Despite all the idiots saying he wouldn't even be a starter next year or would be lucky to garner a 5th round pick in a trade, an NFL team just gave up the 1st pick in the 3rd round for you Tyrod.  Good for you!  :thumbsup:

Plus, you'll be throwing to 2 of the most talented WRs in the NFL and possibly handing the ball off to a generational talent at RB while working FINALLY with an offensive minded HC.

I wish you success, except for when you play the Bills  :flirt: 

• Like (+1) 2

I feel the same way about Tyrod as I felt about Fitzpatrick. I rooted for them both. I wanted them to succeed. But they both had already hit their ceiling as far as growth as a QB. Wishing couldn’t make them any better. Both stand up guys in the locker room and good people. I don’t wish either luck, but they both have my respect. 

I like a lot of things about Tyrod.  He was better than many gave him credit for.  He just wasn't a "franchise" QB.  That's no sin.   Most QBs are not.   

He did a lot of good things on the field and was class personified off of it.  God bless him.   I hope he balls out for Cleveland and helps lead their culture shift.   Easy man to root for.

• Like (+1) 3

Tyrod Taylor - thank you, thank you, thank you.  You helped us get that playoff monkey off our back and I'll always remember and be grateful for that.  Wishing you the very best with the Browns (except of course when you play the Bills).

will always remember the guy fondly, hopefully cleveland has some burner receivers next year and they realize he throws one of the prettiest long balls in the league.     We took that away from him this past year and it really killed his game.  No Sammy no Goody, basically no deep threats.    

he is the perfect mentor and backup for the browns new rookie qb, he got us such a high pick in return because of his class and work ethic. 

happy trails TT