Phins are hot for Mayfield

36 minutes ago, RalphWilson'sNewWar said:

Because seasonal holes don’t matter in the grand scheme.

Tannehill on contract for 8.8 million this year, but cap hit is huge as they took his salary in 2018 and restructured as bonus money which massively increases his cap hit in 2019 and 2020.

But Dolphins are so screwed up they would take a QB at 11 and have him sit the bench with gaping holes in their current roster.

8 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

Tannehill on contract for 8.8 million this year, but cap hit is huge as they took his salary in 2018 and restructured as bonus money which massively increases his cap hit in 2019 and 2020.

But Dolphins are so screwed up they would take a QB at 11 and have him sit the bench with gaping holes in their current roster.

But the gaping holes don’t matter.  Operating your football team simply on a season to season basis seems faulty.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/9/2018 at 3:27 PM, 1billsfan said:

I've been saying this for over a week. I think they take Mayfield or Jackson, whichever one's still there.

Teams are moving on from long term players, and this trend will continue with the Dolphins at the QB position.

if the bills sit at 12 and miami takes mayfield, i will likely end up in handcuffs....or at least a padded room.

On 3/9/2018 at 5:57 PM, MJS said:

We just need to do what KC did last year. Move up to 10 if a good QB is still available.

negative, if he's gets to 6 or 7, we gotta launch an offensive..

On 3/9/2018 at 3:38 PM, ddaryl said:

Gonna be real hard for the Phins to draft Mayfield when the Bills jump in front of them and da Jits to select him..

Too bad, so sad Miami

God, I hope so! This kid is by far the best in the draft.

On 3/9/2018 at 9:02 PM, ColoradoBills said:

Tannehill is going into his 7th season with a 37-40 record.

I'd like to see the TSW threads if that was our QB.

I wouldn't disregard the Miami might pick a QB rumors.

I would have been ready to move on from Tannehill after year 3.  I really have never got it with him.