The Colts' #3 Pick is Very Much in Play - Acquired by the NYJ

5 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

I see us moving to 2, we won't be waiting for the Colts pick. The deal will be done with the  Giants. We may very well have our pick of Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield if Cleveland takes Barkley?

Bills trade up for Sam Darnold, Giants trade back then up in Round 1

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/2018-nfl-mock-draft-bills-trade-up-for-sam-darnold-giants-trade-back-then-up-in-round-1/

On 3/9/2018 at 5:51 PM, KingRex said:

In the end, I guess I am "the future is now" kind of guy.  In essence, my sense is that were the Bills to trade 2 or 3 potential first year starters (the two firsts and a second which seems to be the going rate for moving up to #3) to move up, we likely are going to have a very bad 2018.  I don't see anyone credibly saying that even if Darnold or one of the Josh's has a good first year, that all of the QB franchise prospects are going to need to do some learning in order to produce some wins.  This is particularly true if we are going to use later round picks to find the DTs/LBs/interior linemen you propose.

My sense is that under McD/Beane the process demands building the TEAM for the future AND winning as much as we can now.

This team (ironically under the leadership of Tyrod) made the playoffs in 2017.  Its hard for me how these leaders are gonna trade away the reloading draft resources they have acquired to move up in the draft for some potential (but by no means likely like a Luck or Peyton Manning) franchise QB.

I think Darnold or the Josh's may well eventually become quality players, but there is a difference between good and great.  Which draftee do you think is so clearly great that he is worth McD giving up on building a winning attitude on this playoff qualifying team because we choose to invest in the future development of some alleges franchise QB rather than rebuild this older and significantly flawed Bills team?

The Bills can trade up for their QB this year AND still build the team...they arent one or the others...we would still have at least 3/4 picks this year before end of fifth round and free agency....both can be done. Would it be ideal to use every pick we currently have to build up our roster? HELL YES!!! BUT, if you dont have a QB, nothing else matters. Lets say we wait and dont draft our QB this year, build up the team...where does the QB come from? Getting lucky in the future from a QB falling in the draft to where we pick? I would rather not depend on that, make our own destiny now.

The bottom line, I think, is this: if our FO identifies a QB that THEY THINK is a franchise changing QB, they should make the move up to get him. If they dont think that one of these QBs can be a franchise changing QB, then stay put and build the team. Im assuming they think one of these guys can be a franchise changing QB (personally I am hoping its Rosen or Mayfield)

#3 pick is 2200 pts

21- 800

53- 370

65- 265

Still have roughly 800 points to make up...

2019 1st, nobody knows pts usually drop let’s say it’s 800 again could be 600. They say “give us near a top 10 pick (1300 pts)” that’s where a future mid round picks get thrown in. 

Edited by 1ZAYDAY1

They're targeting #3 or #4, I'm pretty sure.

I just can't see the Giants trading away from #2 when they're guaranteed to get either Barkley, who helps immediately, or Darnold, who solidifies the post-Eli future. They might, but I just don't see why it makes sense for them... Eli only has a few years left and you have the rare opportunity to take a franchise-changing player without giving up anything. They have a decent roster, they were just decimated by injuries last year.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to The Colts' #3 Pick is Very Much in Play
On 3/9/2018 at 2:06 PM, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I agree, If we trade up Mayfield is the only QB I want. If Mayfield goes 1 or 2 then I would wait and just draft Rudolph or Luke Falk in the 2nd rd.

I agree 100% 

4 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

I think it will take #12, #22, #53 and #65 to move up to 3rd overall.

That's a lot, but you still pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, and don't cut into next year's draft at all.

i think we would probably give up next years 2nd so that we have the player for next year.