The Colts' #3 Pick is Very Much in Play - Acquired by the NYJ

To me it still seems like it would be a likely critical TEAM building error for this Bills squad to trade away much in terms of critical draft resources to get one allegedly franchise QB.  The Bills appear to be doing a great job attracting FAs like Davis and Ivory to fill some of the basic gaps on this team.  however, the model Pittsburgh pursued in building a great team first and then acquiring a rookie QB talent like Big Ben to win the SB makes a lot more football sense than following the Andrew Luck model of draft your franchise talent like Andrew Luck and build around him.

I'm not arguing we don't need a franchise talent QB to win it all, I'm just arguing that the Pitts model of franchise QB acquisition makes more sense than the Luck model if you have to mortgage our NEED to fill the gap (gaps more accurately) at DT, LB (again gaps), #2 WR, OL, for the franchise QB to lead them to the promised land.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

It will be interesting to see what the Giants do if Barkley goes number 1.

Do they get a QB? Trade down? Get Fitzpatrick?

i think the giants would be nuts not to pick eli's successor at 2. ....although they do have the 2nd in the 2nd.

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

i think the giants would be nuts not to pick eli's successor at 2. ....although they do have the 2nd in the 2nd.

I agree. Even if Darnold goes one, I think they should still take a QB at 2. 

But They may ride with Eli for a few more years and get an elite talent RB in Barkley

2 minutes ago, KingRex said:

To me it still seems like it would be a likely critical TEAM building error for this Bills squad to trade away much in terms of critical draft resources to get one allegedly franchise QB.  The Bills appear to be doing a great job attracting FAs like Davis and Ivory to fill some of the basic gaps on this team.  however, the model Pittsburgh pursued in building a great team first and then acquiring a rookie QB talent like Big Ben to win the SB makes a lot more football sense than following the Andrew Luck model of draft your franchise talent like Andrew Luck and build around him.

I'm not arguing we don't need a franchise talent QB to win it all, I'm just arguing that the Pitts model of franchise QB acquisition makes more sense than the Luck model if you have to mortgage our NEED to fill the gap (gaps more accurately) at DT, LB (again gaps), #2 WR, OL, for the franchise QB to lead them to the promised land.

I can see it both ways.  I think you can plug holes in free agency though.  Bottom line is you need to bring in the right people.  I just feel that when you have a solid team with no Qb you get what we've had for the last 5 years or so.

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

well, eli is 37?...could get injured....they were in a bit of chaos there for a while and i think rosen would be the perfect fit to have riding shotgun. jmo

Depends on how they feel about Davis Webb, who they just drafted last year

50 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jim Irsay retweeted this. 

Just more owner/ GM/ HC speak which says nothing.  It's not like he said he was using Jimmy Johnson's draft value guide from 1990 and the first one there gets the number 3 pick.  Seriously, WNY needs a couple feet of snow to shovel to keep people from living in fantasy land 24/7.  Further, Irsay did not say that the Bills were best of buddies and he would not even think of fielding an offer from another team.

1 minute ago, DallasMac said:

I can see it both ways.  I think you can plug holes in free agency though.  Bottom line is you need to bring in the right people.  I just feel that when you have a solid team with no Qb you get what we've had for the last 5 years or so.

if you think about it...with even slightly better qb play last year we would have owned a playoff spot. i'm all over the place as far as to which way to go with this, but if we don't take that shot ....

Just now, RochesterRob said:

Just more owner/ GM/ HC speak which says nothing.  It's not like he said he was using Jimmy Johnson's draft value guide from 1990 and the first one there gets the number 3 pick.  Seriously, WNY needs a couple feet of snow to shovel to keep people from living in fantasy land 24/7.  Further, Irsay did not say that the Bills were best of buddies and he would not even think of fielding an offer from another team.

Didn't see where anyone implied any of this. The Colts fielding offers for the pick makes sense from a football perspective with their team having so many needs. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Didn't see where anyone implied any of this. The Colts fielding offers for the pick makes sense from a football perspective with their team having so many needs. 

true, but i've heard an indy beat writer on wgr saying they were staying put and taking chubb, stating their no.1 need was pass rush.

Edited by billsredneck1

8 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

true, but i've heard an indy beat writer on wgr saying they were staying put and taking chubb, stating their no.1 need was pass rush.

That guy is the equivalent of Chris Brown opining without the benefit of any inside knowledge.