The Colts' #3 Pick is Very Much in Play - Acquired by the NYJ

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

If a team offers #6 and next years first to go to three.  What would an equivelent or better trade by from Buffalo?

#12, #22 and a 2nd?

I get we have the ammo required to do it, I get it.  But if you are the Colts you may look at things differently that is all I am saying.  What the Bills dont have is #6 and that may be what the Colts would want.   If next years one is on a team you think is bad that may be a better offer.   You are probably right, the Bills should be able to make it happen but the other team has to agree and want that over other teams offers.

Nobody is trading a #1 pick next year to Indy for possibly their 3rd choice at QB.  Jets only do that trade when Indy is on the clock and their guy is still there.  Nobody is gonna trade up before knowing what the Bills are gonna do because Bills have the ammo and the will to do whatever it takes.  We are the 250 pound MMA fighter standing next to the pretty girl at the bar.  You can try and talk to her but it's probably not worth it.  Hence the Jets signing McCown and Bridgewater and Arizona signing Bradford and Glennon.  

3 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I did.  I'm probably higher on him than most folks on this board, because when he looks right, he's obscenely good.

I believe he'll be drafted in the top 5 (in fact I'm stuck on him being Cleveland's choice at No. 1 overall--for now :lol: ), and although a lot of folks will assume that coaches and GMs got suckered by his arm talent and athleticism, I don't think it's that superficial.  I think talent evaluators will see how well he plays when he's "on", and believe that they can extract that from him on a more consistent basis.  That he's got unparalleled arm talent and good athleticism will cement that opinion further.

For me, he's my QB5 behind the others, but I'd probably think long and serious about taking him in the back half of round 1 if I'm a team that has a veteran starter.

From what you stated the worst thing that could happen to him is to go to a team that feels the pressure to play him right away. If Roethlisberger can eek out a couple more years of being battered that would be a good place for him. If Cleveland took Barkley with their first pick he would be a reasonable selection with their next pick because Taylor can buy time for him to become acclimated to the pro game. 

What I find interesting about him is that there is a recent splurge of promotion by the media analysts. Are they being misdirected by the teams in order to mask their true intentions or is the elevation real? We'll see. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

From what you stated the worst thing that could happen to him is to go to a team that feels the pressure to play him right away. If Roethlisberger can eek out a couple more years of being battered that would be a good place for him. If Cleveland took Barkley with their first pick he would be a reasonable selection with their next pick because Taylor can buy time for him to become acclimated to the pro game. 

What I find interesting about him is that there is a recent splurge of promotion by the media analysts. Are they being misdirected by the teams in order to mask their true intentions or is the elevation real? We'll see. 

I started a topic about this a few weeks ago during the combine with Josh Allen on my mind. 

Guys who have suddenly jumped up the draft board pre draft/combine, what is the success rate. I feel like guys with a sudden media blitz are pretty dangerous. For the most part stick to what you’ve seen for years on tape. I would guess you win much more than you lose that way. 

Not sure anybody remembers anybody who went from a “good prospect” to tons of hype in the lead up to the draft, and actually lived to those standards.

Just now, Mango said:

I started a topic about this a few weeks ago during the combine with Josh Allen on my mind. 

Guys who have suddenly jumped up the draft board pre draft/combine, what is the success rate. I feel like guys with a sudden media blitz are pretty dangerous. For the most part stick to what you’ve seen for years on tape. I would guess you win much more than you lose that way. 

Not sure anybody remembers anybody who went from a “good prospect” to tons of hype in the lead up to the draft, and actually lived to those standards.

The thing is, guys don't just suddenly jump.

When it appears that's happening, what's really going on is that the media and draft analysts are merely catching onto guys that scouts/coaches/GMs/personnel men around the league have had high grades on all along.

Allen has been on team's radars for well over a year, and any team that's considering drafting him high has had their homework done on him well in advance of the "draft prep season".

2 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

When it appears that's happening, what's really going on is that the media and draft analysts are merely catching onto guys that scouts/coaches/GMs/personnel men around the league have had high grades on all along.

Allen has been on team's radars for well over a year, and any team that's considering drafting him high has had their homework done on him well in advance of the "draft prep season".

The problem with the Allen jump is that the primary flaw ascribed to him regarding his accuracy is a killer flaw for his position. If accuracy is a noticeable flaw when he is playing in the college ranks then that flaw is certainly going to be magnified in the pro ranks where the speed in processing is exponentially faster and the windows are much smaller. Like Bortles he has an elite physical profile. There is a temptation to be seduced by the tape measure. That's the trap that Nix and Whaley fell into when they were attracted to EJ. That's my concern with Allen. 

I am very much open to any qb prospect. Without question he is an appealing and enticing prospect. However, for a team like Buffalo that has to make their qb pick count is he worth the risk? I'm leaning against it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Buffalo Bills

Earlier this week, the Bills traded tackle Cordy Glenn to the Cincinnati Bengals for a swap of first-round picks. That gives the Bills the 12th and 22nd picks in the first round. They also hold two picks in both the second and third rounds. With that ammunition, the Bills are going to try and move into the top five of the draft to get their quarterback of the future.

In free agency, the Bills signed A.J. McCarron to a two-year deal. McCarron will be the starter while the rookie sits and learns. The Bills could try to get as high as No. 2, but it is more than likely they go to No. 3 or No. 4 to select their quarterback.

19 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Bruschi is an idiot. If there is ANY chance Rosen has intimated he doesn't want to play in Buffalo, that will have been fleshed out long before they draft him. 

Did I mention Bruschi is an idiot? He should think more before spouting nonsense. 

16 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Good post, but you forgot to mention that Bruschi is an idiot. 

A very good post, and yes Bruschi is beyond an idiot 

New guy here......Ive always enjoyed tbd.....interesting thoughts on trading up and imo giving a kings ransom for the #3 pick.  We all love the sexy pick, go up and get our QB, but you can sure do a ton of team building with all those picks.  Id hate to see a repeat of EJ (and I always loved the guy).  AJM was a backup to the Bengals franchise guy Dalton, who knows what his ceiling is when the Bills are HIS team, he did win 2 national titles. This guy is hungry and wants his payday too, just the kind of guy you want. Still draft a QB, just dont trade away your draft wealth.

4 minutes ago, RFL said:

New guy here......Ive always enjoyed tbd.....interesting thoughts on trading up and imo giving a kings ransom for the #3 pick.  We all love the sexy pick, go up and get our QB, but you can sure do a ton of team building with all those picks.  Id hate to see a repeat of EJ (and I always loved the guy).  AJM was a backup to the Bengals franchise guy Dalton, who knows what his ceiling is when the Bills are HIS team, he did win 2 national titles. This guy is hungry and wants his payday too, just the kind of guy you want. Still draft a QB, just dont trade away your draft wealth.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Darnold and Allen fit the process, Rosen and Mayfield not at all. Trade 12+22+65 to 3 for Darnold or Allen.

I can’t justify picking an accuracy deficient project like Allen in the top 5...if we are going all, the last thing I want to worry about is accuracy issues from my QB.

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

A long stretch I know........ if I may.......”and with the #199 pick the New England Patriots select Tom Brady.”  Would waiting to #12 be so bad? Just a thought.

23 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

I would sign up for that...but not prior to draft night.

Why wait? If you could solidify your position why not do it sooner before risking the chance that someone else would jump ahead on draft day with a better deal? What I would do is go to the Giants, the Colts and Denver and see who is willing to give the best deal. Then go ahead and make it. The issue becomes will the deal be more expensive prior to the draft or will the proposed deals become less expensive when the clock is running? I really don't know but would be more comfortable knowing what my situation is entering the draft day. 

The link is Jeremiah predicting the top five picks on draft day. He predicts Buffalo trading with the Colts and then selecting Allen. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000855910/article/2018-nfl-draft-order-and-needs-for-every-team

17 hours ago, thebandit27 said:

This is right. Allen was talked about as the best QB prospect in the draft if he came out last year. Many had him going top 3 in last year's draft before all the declarations came out. When he decided to stay in school, it was pretty much assumed QBs would go 1-2-3

1 minute ago, Ittakestime said:

There is zero point to move up in top 6. Let it play out: Darnold, Barkley, Chubb, Fitzpatrick, Allen, Rosen and then work on getting Mayfield. Mayfield fits this city and this team the best out of all the prospects. 

Mayfield gone at 5 to Denver otherwise 6 to Jets

I think Buffalo will try to lock down 2 before the draft.  If they are unable to make it happen with NYG than I expect them to wait til draft day.  Not knowing what the Giants will do they cant go to 3 not knowing if their guy will be there.  

Edited by Mat68