Ryan Fitzpatrick Expected to Re-sign with the Bucs as the Backup to Winston

i still love me some Fitz! one of my all time favorite Bills. this guy was kinda like Stevie Rogers before the super soldier serum. seriously...he just always struck me as a good guy, good teammate, and he kinda just let it all hang out. always wish Fitzy nothing but the best.

• Like (+1) 5

YES!  Now I don't have to hear about people wanting him back here which would make me puke.  Id rather roll with Nate Pick-erman than Fitz-crap-trick.  

Great guy, happy for him for still getting paid...but hated the idea of him as the Bills QB again like some proposed around here.

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

YES!  Now I don't have to hear about people wanting him back here which would make me puke.  Id rather roll with Nate Pick-erman than Fitz-crap-trick.  

Great guy, happy for him for still getting paid...but hated the idea of him as the Bills QB again like some proposed around here.

Peterman is a gunslinger with a weak arm, wears a wedding ring when playing, throws lots of picks, and was even sporting a beard at season's end.  He's a younger version of Fitz. :o

DX0F0Y4XcAE4QCs.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Id rather roll with Nate Pick-erman than Fitz-crap-trick.  

I can't think of a single Quarterback still in the NFL I'd rather play Peterman over.  Not EJ, not Glennon, not Kevin Hogan, not Brandon Weeden.  

Peterman sucks.  Not just a bit.  A lot.  

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I can't think of a single Quarterback still in the NFL I'd rather play Peterman over.  Not EJ, not Glennon, not Kevin Hogan, not Brandon Weeden.  

That’s why I think that there’s a decent chance that he’s not on a roster this year. If you gave a young guy and a vet ahead of him why waste the roster spot?

I like him A LITTLE more than you because he might be ahead of Sackenberg for me.

On topic, I still like Fitz. It’s great to see him have such a long and lucrative career.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I like him A LITTLE more than you because he might be ahead of Sackenberg for me.

HA! Fair point.  A Bills-Jets game that was Peterman v Sackenberg might be enough to kill the NFL.  Can you imagine?  Has there ever been a game with 0 offensive points scored?

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Peterman is a gunslinger with a weak arm, wears a wedding ring when playing, throws lots of picks, and was even sporting a beard at season's end.  He's a younger version of Fitz. :o

DX0F0Y4XcAE4QCs.jpg

That face salad is LEGENDARY

12 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

HA! Fair point.  A Bills-Jets game that was Peterman v Sackenberg might be enough to kill the NFL.  Can you imagine?  Has there ever been a game with 0 offensive points scored?

You would never see guys more uncomfortable in the pocket. 

11 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

DX0F0Y4XcAE4QCs.jpg

I’m not a fan of Fitz the player, but that’s far too

high of a compliment for Peterman. 

7 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I’m not a fan of Fitz the player, but that’s far too

high of a compliment for Peterman. 

You might be right.  We'll see if he can carve out a career that lasts as long as that of Fitz, but it's certainly not a sure thing.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Exactly!  Fritz crap trick sucks balls too, but he might win a couple more games than Peterman.  If we are gonna suck, I’d rather suck all the way and get better draft picks then win a few more games because of fitzcrap.  That’s my point.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Exactly!  Fritz crap trick sucks balls too, but he might win a couple more games than Peterman.  If we are gonna suck, I’d rather suck all the way and get better draft picks then win a few more games because of fitzcrap.  That’s my point.  

I don't think anyone is suggesting going with Fitz as a starting option for more than a couple of games.  I do think he'd have been a nice security blanket if they are going Rosen / Mayfield or possibly Darnold who you would expect to be ready to start either day 1 or pretty soon after.  If you are going a guy who needs more seasoning and want someone to start 10-16 games then you can't make that Fitz.  

• Like (+1) 1