You are not allowed to get season tickets if you live outside of WNY.

3 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Did you know that you're not allowed to get Bills season tickets if you don't live in Buffalo? 

I left my inquiry on the website last night. The ticket rep called me back this afternoon and left a message asking for me to call him back. Instead of just telling me the policy on the voicemail, he let me carve out time at work to call him back and proceeded to ask me questions about the history of my affinity for the Bills. I was so happy to finally be taking this step. I wasted time telling him how much I love the Bills, and then he told me that I'm not allowed to get season tickets because I'm outside of WNY. Said the policy isn't listed on the website so there's no way I could've known. I asked him why he bothered to ask me the questions about why I love the Bills. He apologized for giving me false hope. I still don't get it. I asked him how close I'd have to move to Buffalo in order to get season tickets. He said 200 miles or so. I told him that friends in the local area have season tickets and he said they must have been grandfathered in prior to enactment of this new "policy." 

So if you live outside of WNY, you're screwed. You must not be a REAL fan. After all, if you were a REAL fan, I guess you'd live in WNY, right? Never mind if you've wanted to get seasons for 20 years and finally have the opportunity financially and are able to make the drive every week? Never mind if you would GUARANTEE that you know more about the team than 99% of fans? F my dreams, right? 

For reference, I'm 260 miles away in Maryland. 60 miles too far from Orchard Park...

260? Are you near Rockville? I’m there at that distance from op- or close. 

What are you supposed to say- Ok I guess I’ll just be a redskins/Ravens fan from now on??

denied because of state of origin? I feel like you can overcome that if you escalate.  That isn’t a policy they want to explain in court. 

This is true I live in KC...I have tickets in the rockpile and have for 15 years. I wanted to buy more and they pulled up my account to see how many times I posted on ticket exchange. I mentioned that people that live in WNY might post tickets on ticket exchange as well since it is an endorsed way to sell tickets you may not use. They were nice about it but I thought it was kind of lame.

Rule comes under wait list?

That starts with to secure a number on the wait list.  No way is there a wait list. 

I could see them enforcing it if they had a wait list. 

NFL charges you $65 when you buy a ticket through them 

1 hour ago, Do The Reich Thing said:

Lies... I’ve owned season tickets for 6 straight years and I live in Atlanta 

Or they just enacted it and are allowing renewals but not new sales

its silly, as they can in large part track transfers though. See Denver revoking a bunch last year(?)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

To those saying this isn't true because you are out of state and have tickets, I bet you all got them several years ago. This is a new policy. Is there anyone outside of 200 miles who has gotten tickets in the past year or two?

3 years ago clubs 

3 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

Correct, we are trying to keep your kind out of the country.  Expect a Trump tweet on this tonight.  Probably something about keeping the criminal element in Canada along with your dumped steel.

Just for that I am driving my winter beater to the home opener(its Buffalo I might have to anyway its so cold) and dumping some rusty steel ;) 

I think the reason for limiting tickets to the local area is more to protect against large out of state ticket brokers.

1 minute ago, mead107 said:

If you get off at 48 a on the thruway they are selling them at the truck stop

I am coming in the other way,Peace Bridge 190,Route 5 ect.

I used to go the long way 190,90 219.

1 minute ago, Another Fan said:

Is it possible you just happened to get someone difficult on the phone?

The reality is with customer service anywhere it just depends on the person you talk too

You would think they would be happy to take his money.