You are not allowed to get season tickets if you live outside of WNY.

1 minute ago, DCbillsfan said:

The guy picked up on my area code (703) and that's what started the long answer of "no".

Use Google voice and your call can originate from 716. Quite easily too.

48 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

Did you know that you're not allowed to get Bills season tickets if you don't live in Buffalo? 

I left my inquiry on the website last night. The ticket rep called me back this afternoon and left a message asking for me to call him back. Instead of just telling me the policy on the voicemail, he let me carve out time at work to call him back and proceeded to ask me questions about the history of my affinity for the Bills. I was so happy to finally be taking this step. I wasted time telling him how much I love the Bills, and then he told me that I'm not allowed to get season tickets because I'm outside of WNY. Said the policy isn't listed on the website so there's no way I could've known. I asked him why he bothered to ask me the questions about why I love the Bills. He apologized for giving me false hope. I still don't get it. I asked him how close I'd have to move to Buffalo in order to get season tickets. He said 200 miles or so. I told him that friends in the local area have season tickets and he said they must have been grandfathered in prior to enactment of this new "policy." 

So if you live outside of WNY, you're screwed. You must not be a REAL fan. After all, if you were a REAL fan, I guess you'd live in WNY, right? Never mind if you've wanted to get seasons for 20 years and finally have the opportunity financially and are able to make the drive every week? Never mind if you would GUARANTEE that you know more about the team than 99% of fans? F my dreams, right? 

For reference, I'm 260 miles away in Maryland. 60 miles too far from Orchard Park...

I live in NYC, have my whole life. Im a 6 year season ticket holder...

17 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

So does that mean us Canadians cant get season tickets?

Correct, we are trying to keep your kind out of the country.  Expect a Trump tweet on this tonight.  Probably something about keeping the criminal element in Canada along with your dumped steel.

• Haha (+1) 5

7 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Correct, we are trying to keep your kind out of the country.  Expect a Trump tweet on this tonight.  Probably something about keeping the criminal element in Canada along with your dumped steel.

Right. Trump's trying to bring steel manufacturing back to Lackawanna. he doesn't want any foreigners bringing steel into New Era Field.  Plain as day, when you think about it. 

Edited by Shaw66

I'm an accountant and I don't get that from an economic point of view (That's all they care after all $$$). The Bills were fighting for a playoff spot last December. They played their home games in front of thousands and thousands of empty seats and they decide to stop selling any season tickets to anyone living outside a 200 miles radius around Buffalo? It just doesn't make any sense at all. I don't get the logic. I would understand if the Seahawks or the Patriots would be doing that but the Bills? Seriously?

47 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Open a PO Box in Buffalo.

Problem solved

That was my first thought. And it would be easy to furnish! 

14 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

A small portion of the StubHub fees would pay for a fine wall. Make them build it! 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, The Bills Blog said:

Did you know that you're not allowed to get Bills season tickets if you don't live in Buffalo? 

I left my inquiry on the website last night. The ticket rep called me back this afternoon and left a message asking for me to call him back. Instead of just telling me the policy on the voicemail, he let me carve out time at work to call him back and proceeded to ask me questions about the history of my affinity for the Bills. I was so happy to finally be taking this step. I wasted time telling him how much I love the Bills, and then he told me that I'm not allowed to get season tickets because I'm outside of WNY. Said the policy isn't listed on the website so there's no way I could've known. I asked him why he bothered to ask me the questions about why I love the Bills. He apologized for giving me false hope. I still don't get it. I asked him how close I'd have to move to Buffalo in order to get season tickets. He said 200 miles or so. I told him that friends in the local area have season tickets and he said they must have been grandfathered in prior to enactment of this new "policy." 

So if you live outside of WNY, you're screwed. You must not be a REAL fan. After all, if you were a REAL fan, I guess you'd live in WNY, right? Never mind if you've wanted to get seasons for 20 years and finally have the opportunity financially and are able to make the drive every week? Never mind if you would GUARANTEE that you know more about the team than 99% of fans? F my dreams, right? 

For reference, I'm 260 miles away in Maryland. 60 miles too far from Orchard Park...

Don't you have a family member or trusted friend in WNY to buy the ticket through?

Don't be stupid.  If you want the tickets you can get them one way or the other.

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

I'm an accountant and I don't get that from an economic point of view (That's all they care after all $$$). The Bills were fighting for a playoff spot last December. They played their home games in front of thousands and thousands of empty seats and they decide to stop selling any season tickets to anyone living outside a 200 miles radius around Buffalo? It just doesn't make any sense at all. I don't get the logic. I would understand if the Seahawks or the Patriots would be doing that but the Bills? Seriously?

Do you think they are just so confident they can sell them, if all other things are equal why not take the local folk and keep it more of a home crowd?

Or is it all just a misunderstanding? 

1 minute ago, BuffaloBill said:

Only if their beer and strippers are allowed to pass through efficiently.  

We could add an express lane. Problem solved. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

I bet they do it to prevent people from buying them strictly for resale.

Not sure why they care, though, if they are selling more tickets.

..exactly......if they've done a cost analysis to figure out what season tix, single game tix, etc need to be sold for to be profitable, why do this and alienate your fan base? Your revenue stream remains intact.

likely a new policy

current out of town sth's are grandfathered ?

likely in anticipation of increased sales as the continue to win/make playoffs

P.S. Denver broncos have an 84,000 waiting list and actually cancelled many STH who don't go and sell them.

http://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2017/03/10/denver-broncos-cancel-season-tickets/

Edited by papazoid

23 minutes ago, Curt said:

...agree......this isn't Green Bay with a waiting list of 60,000+ for season tickets and the only way you get on it is if someone dies.....besides if someone sells their unused tickets on line for a profit (those December games an in HUGE demand I'd bet), better to have a butt in the seat that may spend concession or merchandise dollars versus going empty...usher in the era of "ANTI-Marketing 101 For Dummies".........soon to be at Barnes & Noble.........

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

Do you think they are just so confident they can sell them, if all other things are equal why not take the local folk and keep it more of a home crowd?

I see your point but I strongly believe that the Bills definitely need the "help" of season ticket holders living more than 200 miles from Buffalo in order to sell out New Era Field especially for the December games. In Seattle there is a wait list to be on the wait list. I would understand if the Seahawks would kick everybody who doesn't reside close to Seattle out. No more ticket brokers or people selling all their tickets without attending a single game but the Bills? Come on.....   

This is total BS if it's true.  I had season tickets in the past, now with kids I'm lucky to make 2 games.   I live in Pittsburgh (which, is close to the 200 mile cutoff).  PPL in Buffalo won't buy and re-sell?  Come on.  Some people buy tickets, can't afford the whole season, and then re-sell them.  I'm out of town, and I rely on these people to get my game tickets.  When I had tickets I went to about 1/2 the games and sold the others, to who I would assume are other Bills fans.  Bills really don't have an out-of-town fan issue.   

The 200 mile policy is also absurd because Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Toronto, the Eastern 1/2 of Upstate and Southern Tier of NY are all included.  There are TONS of potential brokers and fans of other teams in those areas.  Why alienate your fans by limiting it to 200 miles.  Lots of fans are out of town.  

Edited by RyanC883

12 minutes ago, papazoid said:

likely a new policy

current out of town sth's are grandfathered ?

likely in anticipation of increased sales as the continue to win/make playoffs

P.S. Denver broncos have an 84,000 waiting list and actually cancelled many STH who don't go and sell them.

http://www.theticketingbusiness.com/2017/03/10/denver-broncos-cancel-season-tickets/

...and Bflo's "waiting list" is written on Brandon's cocktail napkin..................

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Curt said:

I see your point but I strongly believe that the Bills definitely need the "help" of season ticket holders living more than 200 miles from Buffalo in order to sell out New Era Field especially for the December games. In Seattle there is a wait list to be on the wait list. I would understand if the Seahawks would kick everybody who doesn't reside close to Seattle out. No more ticket brokers or people selling all their tickets without attending a single game but the Bills? Come on.....   

I get it. I’m just wondering about the thought process, searching for explanations. 

• Like (+1) 1