You are not allowed to get season tickets if you live outside of WNY.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you here, so I don't know why you're acting like a jack ass.

Protected classes, which the anti-discrimination laws serve, do so through legal carve outs which are often created by judicial interpretation.  I don't think that it is unreasonable to speculate that that the interpretation of the law could extend it to discriminating from individuals from other regions when the sole purpose of the policy in question is to deny entry to a business serving the pubic because of where they live.

The "legal carve outs" were created by Congress.

By denying ALL individuals (in this case, from outside a certain radius from the business) service, it is not picking out any specific protected class and is therefore not arbitrary. 

Businesses are allowed to do exactly this.  There would be no legal reason for a court to disagree with this right of a business that is compliant with anti-discrimination laws that actually exist.

And the "sole purpose" of the Bills policy of not selling to out of towers is NOT simply to deny them entry because they live far away.  It's obviously to discourage the purchase of tickets simply for resale by the purchasers and the fear that too many of those tickets would end up sold to opposing fans, which would be embarrassing to the business.

You are free to disagree with the policy (I think that it's stupid,  if that's the logic they are using to defend the practice), but you can't simply create a scenario where a federal or state court would just make up a new class of discrimination that has no connection to protected any class.  That would set the precedent that all businesses serving in "public accommodation" would have to serve all clients always without exception.  Taken to your  extreme, they wouldn't be able to refuse service to people too poor (or unwilling) to purchase the service at full price---or any price.  Sounding silly yet?

Saying "yeah, I could see that happening" is not a persuasive argument.  Sorry.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Anti-discrimination law demands that individuals be treated equally in consumer transactions, and cannot be refused equal service based on things like gender, sexual orientation, nationality, age, etc.  I don't believe it to be much of a logical leap to include location of residence.

Your statement is totally irrational. Companies can discriminate based on location. No law against it.

1 hour ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I know how the law is written, I also know how the law has been expanded on via judicial interpretation.  As I said, I don't think it's been ajudicated, but logical processes should dictate that if discriminatory policy is bad, then discriminatory policy is bad.   Discriminatory policy exists to benefit one group of people over another.  I think it would be easy to prove discrimination, and difficult to justify it, in a court of law.

Please, stop it.

55 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you here, so I don't know why you're acting like a jack ass.

He is doing so because your position is inane.

10 hours ago, 1ManRaid said:

Huh,  I was actually going to get season tickets this year because I finally have the funding to do so.

I live literally just across the border in Canada.  It was nothing for me to hop over the border to watch the playoff game at Sports City Pizza Pub on Niagara Street, and then finally make the visit a couple weeks later to the original Duff's for wings.  But I guess I'm not a real enough lifelong fan to make the same hop over the border for more Bills games, which I've been attending from time to time on a single game basis.

What the hell is this mess? It looks like you just want something to complain about, you can definitely get season tickets.

This whole "real Bills fan" thing needs to just stop. Some guy is throwing a fit.

If he planned on going to all 8 games, then I feel bad for him. But if his plan was to go to 2 or 3 and try to sell the rest to pay for his seasons then I don't feel bad at all. 

I pay the secondary market prices, because they are driven by what people are willing to pay. So it is what it is. But I'm not going to rail against a policy that tries to keep secondary market prices in check. 

Season ticket members also get first dibs on individual game ticket sales as well. Up to 4 additional per a game I believe. It's becoming too expensive for people who can't afford season tickets to go to a game because of season ticket holders. A family of 4 can end up paying 500 bucks to go to the Pats home game to one season ticket holder and that could almost pay for all of one season ticket.

The rule makes sense. In fact, I wish they'd take more steps.

It is a new policy and it's complete bull ****! I live in NYC and am no longer allowed to have season tickets because I live "quite outside the area." I had season 3 seasons ago but due to my job and school I couldn't keep up for 2016 & 2017 so now I no longer qualify. Honestly, I think its dumb.. the tickets I chose to resell when I couldn't make it were sold WAY below face value or I gave them to my friends or family in the area. 

I think it’s the opposite, they are trying to limit the late season $10 tickets on the street.

I don’t think the secondary market premiums really bother the suits, I think the bad look is all those december tix going for dirt because the “brokers” can’t move them. The Buff News picked up on it last year, and they are pointing out the same thing with Sabres tix this year.

26 minutes ago, catttyyy said:

It is a new policy and it's complete bull ****! I live in NYC and am no longer allowed to have season tickets because I live "quite outside the area." I had season 3 seasons ago but due to my job and school I couldn't keep up for 2016 & 2017 so now I no longer qualify. Honestly, I think its dumb.. the tickets I chose to resell when I couldn't make it were sold WAY below face value or I gave them to my friends or family in the area. 

If you have tickets now you won't lose them. It's just new buyers.

57 minutes ago, catttyyy said:

Call And ask for the ticket sales manager.  Tell him your story.